MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #41
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I'd go with the 848.
More power, a better spread of torque, more easily accessed and usable power, and killer looks the you're not likely to see at every stop light.
From a handling aspect the two are comparable unless you're a front line AMA racer. The 848 has better brakes IMO.
The 848 also offer adjustable ergos, and in my opinion is a better overall bike.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need opinions dboi Events, Meets and Rides 22 09-29-2013 10:05 PM
Need opinions grantmcw New Riders and MSF Course Info 12 10-01-2011 03:46 PM
Need your opinions please help :-) 2KBUSA General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 10-24-2010 09:38 PM
Opinions... 1FastMF General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 02-28-2009 02:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #42
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
you rode it home... it cant be that bad. Insurance and labor quotes can get malodramatic quickly.
If this is the bike I'm thinking of, over $8000.00 of the damage is in parts alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
likely some plastics, tank etc... buy it back from the insurance company and piece it together.
Typical armchair quarterback statement; "Just buy the bike back and get some plastics on Ebay, it'll be o.k."

Why piece back together a badly wrecked 2009 R6 when he has full coverage insurance?

In the end the person winds up with at best a fully repaired 2009 R6 with a salvage title.

The bikes value has just went into the toilet.

I can understand if a person does not have full coverage or stands to take a huge financial loss, and I have worked with MANY people to help avoid getting their bikes totalled and getting them back on the road on a well repaired motorcycle, many times with no out of pocket expense, but in this case, there's not much to work with.

Obviously as a shop owner I should recommend fixing the bike as I'd make much more that way, but sometimes it's best to walk away. It's why people have full coverage insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx
as for the duc vs R6; populous has already spoken.
Most of whom have very limited experience and have never ridden a Ducati.
Kind of like asking someone whose only ridden on one or two brands of tires which one is best, you're not likely to get a very subjective answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx
And unless you have reason to use the bike for its intended purposes of hard cornering, it would be a waste of money IMO.

nothing says poser more then a ducati with two inch chicken strips
And a supersport R6 is not a race bike with lights?

I didn't realize they were now "sport touring models".

I can't begin to tell you how many R6's I've seen with the aforementioned chicken strips.

In reality, 99% of the people who own supersport bikes, and yes the R6 and 848 BOTH fall into that category, will never ride them even close to their overall potential, and that's o.k..
At the same time there's some riders on bikes that are FAR outside the SS spectrum that can spank most of the average SS bike riders.

Just because someone owns a SS bike doen't mean they HAVE to drag a knee or go 150 mph through the Forest, and chicken strips, or the lack thereof can speak less about ones skill and more about ones judgement and self control.

I'm not trying to be argumentive with you Matt, just sharing my perspective form another viewpoint.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com

Last edited by Patrick; 01-16-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement