MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #61
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
sorry to read this. good luck
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
They stole my bike green 636 superkat Stolen Bike Reports 15 08-19-2011 10:48 PM
Someone stole my bike yesterday little kid Stunters Lounge 36 09-13-2009 05:06 PM
wife stole my bike witchdoctor575 Off Topic 58 06-02-2008 05:17 PM
bike stole in clear lake..... Mr. Unassailable General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 04-23-2007 02:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #62
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Never mention whether or not you have a theft recovery device on the vehicle. You are letting the theives that read this site know what you have. So just keep it to yourselves. If you know bikes and you know there is a lojack device on board, it isn't too hard to find. Just letting you know. I spotted one really quick on a bike I helped someone with recently. Theives may strip the bike ASAP and find the device before you can even get it activated.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #63
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Sorry to hear about your bike...i hope that everything works out for you!
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:12 PM   #64
Starkiller
Relentlessaurus Rex

Bike(s):
SV650

Send a message via AIM to Starkiller Send a message via Yahoo to Starkiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
So i walked outside this morning to walk the dogs before work at my apartment complex to find an empty space where my bike has been parked last night.. Basically right in front of my door

The part is that i've only had this bike for about 2 months now and havn't even made my second payment. AND on top of that, i'm moving this weekend and would have been moving the bike into a garage!!!!!

i always keep a cover on the bike and it was always kept in a well lit area in plain view of everybody!!!

SO EVERYBODY PLEASE KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR A 2003 BLACK CBR600RR.. It's the same one that in my avatar pic.. A couply of you who i have ridden with have seen my bike and know what it looks like.. Fender eliminator, integrated tail lights, flush mount blinkers. billet bar end, and dark smoke wind screen.. the bike is all black with alittle silver on the very bottom of the bike..

I'm soo off right now i can't think straight.. I do have full coverage insurance and all but i doubt they are gonna give me the full amount the bike is worth let alone what i owe on it..

Alli got to say is that those f***in thieves better feel lucky they get to live another day on gods green earth because i didn't catch them in the act!!

check craigslist frequently. thieves will sell on there alot.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #65
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
So i walked outside this morning to walk the dogs before work at my apartment complex to find an empty space where my bike has been parked last night.. Basically right in front of my door

The part is that i've only had this bike for about 2 months now and havn't even made my second payment. AND on top of that, i'm moving this weekend and would have been moving the bike into a garage!!!!!

i always keep a cover on the bike and it was always kept in a well lit area in plain view of everybody!!!

SO EVERYBODY PLEASE KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR A 2003 BLACK CBR600RR.. It's the same one that in my avatar pic.. A couply of you who i have ridden with have seen my bike and know what it looks like.. Fender eliminator, integrated tail lights, flush mount blinkers. billet bar end, and dark smoke wind screen.. the bike is all black with alittle silver on the very bottom of the bike..

I'm soo off right now i can't think straight.. I do have full coverage insurance and all but i doubt they are gonna give me the full amount the bike is worth let alone what i owe on it..

Alli got to say is that those f***in thieves better feel lucky they get to live another day on gods green earth because i didn't catch them in the act!!
Not being a smart azz, but did you file a police report imedaitely ?
Hope you get your bike back or al least a good insurance payout.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #66
paulvmunix

I feel for you man! If you don't mind, I would like to give some advice.

Just stay on top of the insurance company until they pay off. Save names, phone numbers - anything they give you. Make sure to get the police report to them ASAP. Bug them every day if you have to. You want to make sure they settle with you for a total loss before they recover the bike.

If they recover your bike, don't touch it. Make the insurance company tow it to a reputable dealer like Cycle Shack North in Conroe. I did this and the service manager told them he would have to see pics of the damaged bike BEFORE he accepted it, etc. The next day the ins co. called and said I could pick up my check for the total loss.

This is all based on my experiences this past year.

The good part is - it will be done in a month or so and you can think about the next bike.

Good Luck!

2006 CBR1000RR Silver (STOLEN)
2007 DRZ400SM Black (STOLEN)
1994 Yamaha Kodiak 450
paulvmunix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #67
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEITH HUBBARD View Post
Not being a smart azz, but did you file a police report imedaitely ?
Hope you get your bike back or al least a good insurance payout.
yep, i called the police 5 min. after i found it was gone ( i had to put up the dogs) and i called my insurance company yesterday and am waiting a call back from my agent to let me know i guess what's gonna happen or have to happen, etc.

and to answer a previous reply to this thread, i will be checking craig's list daily to see if i can't find anything..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #68
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulvmunix View Post
I feel for you man! If you don't mind, I would like to give some advice.

Just stay on top of the insurance company until they pay off. Save names, phone numbers - anything they give you. Make sure to get the police report to them ASAP. Bug them every day if you have to. You want to make sure they settle with you for a total loss before they recover the bike.

If they recover your bike, don't touch it. Make the insurance company tow it to a reputable dealer like Cycle Shack North in Conroe. I did this and the service manager told them he would have to see pics of the damaged bike BEFORE he accepted it, etc. The next day the ins co. called and said I could pick up my check for the total loss.

This is all based on my experiences this past year.

The good part is - it will be done in a month or so and you can think about the next bike.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the advice and i definately will do that!
Quote:
The cycle continues.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #69
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Sorry to hear. Best of luck!

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #70
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
yep, i called the police 5 min. after i found it was gone ( i had to put up the dogs) and i called my insurance company yesterday and am waiting a call back from my agent to let me know i guess what's gonna happen or have to happen, etc.

and to answer a previous reply to this thread, i will be checking craig's list daily to see if i can't find anything..
I typically won't insure bikes in apartments, the risk is far greater than anyone else for a theft claim, it's basically a sitting duck. I don't really understand y anyone in an apt is willing 2 buy a new bike only to let thieves have it by just parking it in a space like it's no big deal. All it takes is 20 seconds tops! Get a 1st floor apt, park the bike INSIDE the apt (still a risk but smaller, & u might get ticketed for a fire code hazard) or rent garage space from a trustworthy friend.

Sf will pay blue book, period. GAP is not sold thru SF unless u financed the bike thru us then it's included in the note for free. If you purchased the GAP, it would have been at the time you purchased the bike and would have been indicated on your promissary note. If the company who financed the bike did not give you the GAP then there may be a separate ins company that u would need to contact to initiate the GAP, I would refer you to that promissary note for guidance and of course alert the finance company.

Last edited by Candy; 01-14-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #71
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:

I live in a town home, but I keep my bike stored at a Publicc Storage facility.
I rent a 5 x 10 space for a little over $81.00 / month.
I consider it a bit safer than a parking spot at an apartment.
They have on site people there most of the time 24-7.
Truth is, stuff can happen anywhere though.
Hope the insurance company treats you right.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #72
seratt

Bike(s):
88' Super Magna

Member Garage

You might record your conversation too when you talk to the insurance company.

I'm still dealing with some lady's Allstate policy, and I wish I had recorded this fuking agent a couple months ago. Bunch of suckers over there. Just tell them you're recording them, I think you have to for it to be used later.

Sorry to hear your bike got stolen.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:21 PM   #73
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #74
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
I typically won't insure bikes in apartments, the risk is far greater than anyone else for a theft claim, it's basically a sitting duck. I don't really understand y anyone in an apt is willing 2 buy a new bike only to let thieves have it by just parking it in a space like it's no big deal. All it takes is 20 seconds tops! Get a 1st floor apt, park the bike INSIDE the apt (still a risk but smaller, & u might get ticketed for a fire code hazard) or rent garage space from a trustworthy friend.

Sf will pay blue book, period. GAP is not sold thru SF unless u financed the bike thru us then it's included in the note for free. If you purchased the GAP, it would have been at the time you purchased the bike and would have been indicated on your promissary note. If the company who financed the bike did not give you the GAP then there may be a separate ins company that u would need to contact to initiate the GAP, I would refer you to that promissary note for guidance and of course alert the finance company.
no there was no gap insurance through state farm but i do remember signing papers to have it. ( probably through the dealership or finance company). But i just got off the phone with an agent and they said they would pay me back for the amount it was purchased at. Not for the total amount with TTL i'm financing it for.

But i guess that's where the gap insurance will come in handy.

And i actually switched from allstate to state farm a few months ago and im' glad i did because they were trying to rape me monthly for my coverage on my truck. I switched from them to state farm because state farm got me the same coverage on my truck and full coverage on my bike for LESS than what i was paying originally for just my truck and allstate!!!

So far i suppose no problems dealing with state farm.. I'm waiting on an inspection form to come in the mail now..
Quote:
The cycle continues.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #75
slowblack05
please

Feedback Rating: (1)

also check ebay....besides craigslist thats were you might see stuff also

yes good ideas about ins. above to, make sure you always have the VIN handy and keep your agents name/number thats working with you on the case.
also, another thing to keep handy is the police report number and the claim number on ins. just incase they call you and need some info.

i learned all this when i was dealing with my 636 claim

goodluck again on the new bike, maybe you will end up with something a bit newer if all goes right!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:37 PM   #76
SRADkneedragger

Bike(s):
07 GSXR-750
RZ-350
86 GSXR-750 Limited
916SPS
RC-51

A very wise person once told me
"Divorce is worse than death because with a death at least there is closure a sense of finality an end. With Divorce there is just never an end the pain drags out forever"
I've never been Divorced but everytime I read about a stolen bike thses words come back, just a little twisted:
"With a crash a wreck even a total it's over its done. But when your ride is stolen, it's not just a loss, it's a personal violation and the pain drags out forever"
I'm really sorry for your loss!
For everyone here maybe this will help this is a repost of a thread that SRADkneedragger(my Hubby) did a few years ago in response to bike thefts, hope it helps
Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

I'M STEALING YOUR BIKE TONIGHT !

Not really, but I bet that got you attention!
I've posted before that my wife and I USED TO own a Repossession company(Fugitive Recovery Service) and some times what we did is VERY similar to what bike/car thieves do. We will stalk you looking for a good time/location that makes it convenient for us to take your vehicle. Here is My advice for what little it is worth to hinder bike thieves.

#1 Out of sight out of mind! Hide your bike! Buy a bike cover if thieves can't see it they may not notice it!

#2 Park "inside" that may mean a garage a storage building or even a carport in the very front with a car in the back same effect as #1

#3 Use a lock! A disc lock OK, 2 disk locks Better, Heavy rotary Lock and square link chain EVEN BETTER. Motion sensor alarm, rotary lock, square link chain/cut proof cable to IMMOVABLE object,,,BEST!

#4 DO NOT park UP on raised areas! It makes for a easier lift into a truck/van.

#5 At Work Shopping Vacation etc... Park in HIGH traffic areas near front doors main parking area etc.. this is the opposite of #1 now you want EVERYONE to see it.(yes I DO park in my Motel room I DO however put newspapers under the tires and motor)

#6 Don't tell people where you live/Park/repair,,, Paranoid yet?

#7 Use a secondary ignition kill switch. This is as simple as cutting the IGN hotwire or removing the IGN fuse and wiring a switch that will kill the circuit, then installing the switch in a hidden position. (I have built quite a few of these and do sell them)
Hubbie builds these for friends sometimes and sells them CHEAP if anyone is interested
#8 Don't leave your keys ANYWHERE this includes IN YOUR IGNITION!

#9 Use the steering lock!

OK here's the deal. If a thief wants it, He'll get it! Simple matter of fact, and a matter of time. He wants anybody's he can get.
You can't stop him if he wants it bad enough he'll get it! YOUR ONLY DEFENSE is to make yours UNNOTICEABLE or so HARD to get he will go look for easier prey!

Remember Noise (motion alarms/Dogs) is the #1 enemy (GET OUT of bed go look!)
Motion sensor lights are #2 (GET OUT OF bed,,,)
There IS NOT A LOCK THAT I CAN"T BEAT!! Believe me! ITS A FACT!
Steering locks? 1 guy pulls on 1 bar the other guy kicks the other bar, WALLAAAH! its just a small pin against a tab!
IGNITION locks? Most can be defeated by simply Driving a large screwdriver in there and turning with a wrench.
Why bother most bikes hotwire in under 5 minutes!
Yes the pick up and carry scenario beats disk locks!
Commercial lock pick sets work around 60% + of the time on bikes!

Use ANY HIGH SECURITY LOCK and CHAIN/CUT PROOF CABLE, Kryptonite, Bulldog, Abus , Masterlock brand ROTARY locks are the hardest ones I have found so far to pick!
Use a HARDENED SQUARE (Krytonite brand)link chain because they beat bolt cutters. Or a CUT proof cable.
Wedge the bike between a car/truck and a wall where the vehicle has to be moved to get the bike.
At the Mall traveling use ign lock steering lock 2 disk locks 1 with motion sensor
Like I said just make it so its easier to STEAL someone else's bike.

This Post has NOTHING to do with the REPO business and I only stated that to qualify the information I'm sharing here.
Rest assured I am NOT going to discuss ANY of the manners in which locks and alarms can be defeated. Remember the Round keys disc lock scenario? It hit the internet and overnight 1000's of locks became useless! I'm not posting this to brag or flame merely to help inform everyone how to keep their bike!
OH and no fair using all of these against the repoman
SRADkneedragger

If any of this info helps even one bike stay safe at home its worth the time to post and read
Marie
SRADkneedragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:40 PM   #77
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #78
SRADkneedragger

Bike(s):
07 GSXR-750
RZ-350
86 GSXR-750 Limited
916SPS
RC-51

Thanks to SRAD he was a RepoMan for 10+ years and he sat down and basically broke the code of silence about some things to get what he thought was important advice out there to fellow riders.
I think the first time he posted this was around 3 or 4 years ago!
Good luck to all and stay safe
Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com
SRADkneedragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:36 AM   #79
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnief2 View Post
i stay in apts and have no garage (nearly $100/mo) no relative's in town to keep it at their place, no alarm, and no lojak(yet), so this thread made me go check on my bike like 3 times already (i saw it earlier) to make sure all 3 chains/locks werent tampered with, i even have a U-bar (normally for bicycles) that i put thru the front disc and the chain i have holdin it to the carport post? i think they'll have an easier time tearing down the post, lol, but im sure everyone will hear that...i hope
the 636 that was stolen had a lock through the front disc and the rear tire. Not trying to freak you out but thiefs will cut whatever they have to to get your bike mang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_james View Post
lo-jack the only way to go hope they get f*****g shot in the head bro an die like they should

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowblack05 View Post
sorry to hear bro!

thank you have fullcoverage. my 06 zx636 was stolen from me over the summer, i was trying to sell it at the moment for like 5500, it needed a couple things. and the person that stole it had to know who i was (it was right next to my gsxr1000 just for ONE NIGHT!) unless someone got lucky
Bike I was talking about earlier was a 636...an 04 though....farkin thieves should die and go to !
Old 01-15-2009, 12:50 AM   #80
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

at my job tonight we caught 3 kids who have been stealing for weeksm finally caught em, they always act like badasses but tonight they were in tears. i hate theives and was just laughing at them.
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement