MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #41
dontbap()ssy

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 R6 (sold)
04 R1 (donated to the track gods)
08 MV Agusta F4 312R (sold)
10 duc 1198

not to the thread but do lojacks have there own power supplies ? so if thieves get smart and disconnect the batt. it will still transmitt
dontbap()ssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
They stole my bike green 636 superkat Stolen Bike Reports 15 08-19-2011 10:48 PM
Someone stole my bike yesterday little kid Stunters Lounge 36 09-13-2009 05:06 PM
wife stole my bike witchdoctor575 Off Topic 58 06-02-2008 05:17 PM
bike stole in clear lake..... Mr. Unassailable General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 04-23-2007 02:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #42
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbap()ssy View Post
not to the thread but do lojacks have there own power supplies ? so if thieves get smart and disconnect the batt. it will still transmitt
i'm not sure on that.. i actually just got off the phone with my dealership to ask them if they had installed one on my bike.. but they didn't

they do however still have have a beautiful '06 F4i up there that i was originally looking at..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #43
along77082

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 ninja ZX6R

Send a message via AIM to along77082
im sorry hope they find it!
along77082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #44
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Sorry to hear it, man. My ZX10 got ripped a year and a half ago. I didnt have theft, though, and got SCREWED!

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #45
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto

Member Garage

the crappy part is also that if they do find it, the bike is gonna be all f*ed up because there were marks on the ground to where i could tell they dropped it while they were dragging it their their vehicle.. AND i had the hadlebars locked which they will have to jack up to make it rideable or sell able.. so either way it's a lose lose situation.

i'm just gonna hope all the insurance stuff is going to be quick and painless.. or at least headache free
Quote:
The cycle continues.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #46
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

man.. sorry to hear that.. hope they drop it on their legs unloading it and breaks their legs ...

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #47
nemesis

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000

Check with the office see if they have any video cameras. Let them know so they can save it for the police and let the police know if there is so they can review it. If you don't get it back in a couple days, you probably don't want it.

You should have a receipt of what you paid for it. If not from the dealer then what you showed the insurance company and tax office when registering it.
It's only been two months.

They will pay tax title & license. They may not list it in their first offer to you.

Also will pay for anything you bought for it : tires, blinkers, exhaust, etc, as long as you have receipts and the amount of coverage you paid for.

Read your policy and your Bill of Rights. That is the declarations page they send you and booklet form 9843P.4ST, it is a fold out of 30 pages. If you don't have it, go to your agents office and get it. Don't wait for them to send it to you, they might not. Your agent is the one with the name on the office, not the ones working the desks. If they can't answer your questions, ask to speak to the agent.

They have 15 business days to acknowledge your claim and request more info and can take an additional days to pay it, deny it or tell you why not. #26 Bill of Rights.

Be patient. They will use the time up if they need it, unless they want you to accept a lower offer. You don't have to accept their offers. Remember the insurance adjuster is not your advocate. They get paid to save the company money. And don't feel bad for them, insurance companies take in billions and pay out a tenth of what they bring in.

Write down every time you talk to them and what was said. Record it if possible so you remember. They record you.

They have to meet those time lines, if they don't, the fines are stiff. Know your rights and you have leverage.

When you get paid the check will be made out to you and the finance company. Sign it, send it to them. The loan will be paid off and they will send you a check for the over payment. It will take a couple weeks. Just make the payments on time. It's the easiest way for you and the insurance company because there's a lien on it

http://tdi.state.tx.us
nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #48
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

At least you have insurance my man,
Couple years ago, my buddy's bike was stolen on X-mas eve.....apt complex.
I live in Apts too but I keep my bike at my momma's crib, for that exact reason. Good luck on pickin another ride.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #49
T0mMyGun

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600

^^^^^^^^^^^+1
great information. I should save this somewhere in case my bike or someone else's ever gets stolen
T0mMyGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #50
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

I stay in apartments but i keep my bike up on the sidewalk, under the stair set , that is blocked in by a whole roll of cars ..the only way out is if they pick it up and carry it 30 yards off the sidewalk and then load it on the truck
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #51
dontbap()ssy

Bike(s):
04 R6 (sold)
04 R1 (donated to the track gods)
08 MV Agusta F4 312R (sold)
10 duc 1198

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0mMyGun View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^+1
great information. I should save this somewhere in case my bike or someone else's ever gets stolen
+ 1 this man knows his sheet
dontbap()ssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #52
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto

Member Garage

Thanks alot for all that info!! for real.. it's nice to know and see how the motorcycle community has your back.

I appreciate everyone's input. Needless to say it's been a s***ty day and this def. helps.

Hopefully i'll be back on the road soon
Quote:
The cycle continues.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #53
lonnief2
Kind of a troll now

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
totally totaled

Send a message via AIM to lonnief2 Send a message via Yahoo to lonnief2 Send a message via Skype™ to lonnief2
i stay in apts and have no garage (nearly $100/mo) no relative's in town to keep it at their place, no alarm, and no lojak(yet), so this thread made me go check on my bike like 3 times already (i saw it earlier) to make sure all 3 chains/locks werent tampered with, i even have a U-bar (normally for bicycles) that i put thru the front disc and the chain i have holdin it to the carport post? i think they'll have an easier time tearing down the post, lol, but im sure everyone will hear that...i hope
lonnief2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #54
Rick_james
Rick James

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 R1

lo-jack the only way to go hope they get f*****g shot in the head bro an die like they should
Rick_james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #55
MiniBusa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
ninja 250
cbr

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnief2 View Post
i stay in apts and have no garage (nearly $100/mo) no relative's in town to keep it at their place, no alarm, and no lojak(yet), so this thread made me go check on my bike like 3 times already (i saw it earlier) to make sure all 3 chains/locks werent tampered with, i even have a U-bar (normally for bicycles) that i put thru the front disc and the chain i have holdin it to the carport post? i think they'll have an easier time tearing down the post, lol, but im sure everyone will hear that...i hope
park it in your kitchen
MiniBusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #56
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_james View Post
lo-jack the only way to go hope they get f*****g shot in the head bro an die like they should
+10
Quote:
The cycle continues.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #57
1340HIGH
1340HIGH

Bike(s):
Harley FXDC
420 Honda Rancher ATV

Sorry to hear about your bike.

Theives are one of the lowest life forms, while I don't wish bad things to anyone, If I read they wrecked the bike and crippled themselves for life I would smile.

Lo-Jack is probly the correct way to go.

However:

I have taken done the following when able to help secure some of my bikes.

1) Find the hot wire to the ignition switch and install a small switch in it and locate the switch out of sight.

Now a theif bustng the ignition switch still can not start the bike.

2) On some bikes there is enough extra material on the kick stand were it mounts to the bike frame that a small hole can be drilled through the kick stand were it mounts to the bike, or close enough that a light weight pad lock with a narrow shank can be inserted when the stand is down.
Done correctly with some thought and the necessary stand integrity is not compromised much.

With the kick stand locked down it is that much harder to steel the bike.
or load it on a truck.

Plus you can not forget about this like a wheel lock.

This is also useful to test your sobrity.

Well here is my stolen bike story: Hope it remains my only one.

I had a 1982 Honda Night Hawk S it was a 700 bought it new when I was in the military took it to Germany with my assignment and then back to FortWorth on my return.
It was a nice spring day in 1989, but a rain shower popped up so I took refuge in a Titty Bar when the 20 minute shower passed I went out and the bike was gone. Only the ring that went around the Key Hole was in the space.

So I called the police and reported it, when the officer turned up he said it was the third bike reported stolen in the hour.

Well 3 weeks later the police called and said my bike was in their impound lot
Aparently someone had a party and the bike was left there or in a neighbors yard laying on its side.

Aboutl $ 130 to the poilce inpound lot for recovery tow and one night storage and I had my bike back
They had poured / slopped red paint on it
Busted the locking gas cap off denting the tank.
And of course it need a new ignition switch.
And repainted. (I used Rust Oleum or soemthing it was an older bike by now)

Sold it about a year later. at 30K Miles

Good Luck

A better picture would help.
1340HIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #58
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
bummer, sad to hear
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #59
slowblack05
please

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

sorry to hear bro!

thank you have fullcoverage. my 06 zx636 was stolen from me over the summer, i was trying to sell it at the moment for like 5500, it needed a couple things. and the person that stole it had to know who i was (it was right next to my gsxr1000 just for ONE NIGHT!) unless someone got lucky

however, ins. isn't so bad, i ended up getting 6700 back for the bike, when i would have NEVEr sold it for that much, so look on the bright side of that.

full coverage to me is more important than lojack, my buddy had his bike stolen with lojack and they never found it...if someone wants it bad enough they will get it unfortionatly :(

goodluck on your recovery/insurance claim
Old 01-13-2009, 08:30 PM   #60
lonnief2
Kind of a troll now

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
totally totaled

Send a message via AIM to lonnief2 Send a message via Yahoo to lonnief2 Send a message via Skype™ to lonnief2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBusa View Post
park it in your kitchen
im not on the 1st floor man theres a good looking chick on the 1st floor of my bldg i told someone i was gonna start dating her just so i can keep it in here living room, only thing is i'd have to stay on her goodside
lonnief2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement