MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
tumblebug

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Honda VTX
Ninja 250

MSF Program

I've seen "MSF Instructor" and "MSF Lead Instructor". What's the difference? Should I take the course from a "Lead Instructor" versus an "Instructor"?
tumblebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a program to keep records...help. hotcknstrips Off Topic 12 01-04-2011 10:34 PM
What was that program?? Grinchy Off Topic 2 06-16-2008 12:22 PM
THE LARK PROGRAM Silver Bullet Off Topic 3 10-04-2006 05:08 PM
i need a program.... cytukyl Off Topic 0 01-18-2006 06:24 AM
wondering somebody has a program B.S. Motorsports Off Topic 1 11-15-2005 11:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumblebug View Post
I've seen "MSF Instructor" and "MSF Lead Instructor". What's the difference? Should I take the course from a "Lead Instructor" versus an "Instructor"?
Not at all. It has nothing to do with a person's ability to teach or guide the MSF curriculum. It's a designation mainly for the school's use.

In the past, each school was required to have one Instructor designated as a Lead or a point of contact for the Department of Public Safety.

There are some extra duties involved, but nothing really relevant to teaching a student.

Last edited by Challen; 01-12-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Challen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
tumblebug

Bike(s):
Honda VTX
Ninja 250

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm still debating about taking the MSF basic course as I know I've developed some bad habits over the years, and I know that I need some help in many areas. I do ride fast and I do take risks at times (educated risks), but I think everyone can stand some improvement in their riding ability and skills. Thanks again. It appears that you have some association with Awesome Cycles.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

I took the course after 5 years of riding and I had a blast but I didn't really learn anything new other then the reason why I stand up when I go over a bump. I just always did it because I heard to do it, now I know it's because you'll get bucked off the bike if the bump is big enough.

makes sense, and like you said it can't hurt.

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
tumblebug

Bike(s):
Honda VTX
Ninja 250

I ran into a guy at Whataburger on FM1960 near Jones Road this morning wearing a shirt with Awesome Cycles on it and he spoke highly of the course and instructors. He was riding a gray Yamaha touring bike and told me that they have standards, sport bikes and scooters. I didn't think to ask him if he works there, but he seemed very positive and knowledgeable about Awesome Cycles. He was talking with a group of well dressed guys who were interested in signing up their company employees (about 23 from what I understood) for the class.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
lonnief2
Kind of a troll now

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
totally totaled

Send a message via AIM to lonnief2 Send a message via Yahoo to lonnief2 Send a message via Skype™ to lonnief2
Quote:
I ran into a guy at Whataburger on FM1960 near Jones Road this morning wearing a shirt with Awesome Cycles on it and he spoke highly of the course and instructors. He was riding a gray Yamaha touring bike and told me that they have standards, sport bikes and scooters. I didn't think to ask him if he works there, but he seemed very positive and knowledgeable about Awesome Cycles. He was talking with a group of well dressed guys who were interested in signing up their company employees (about 23 from what I understood) for the class.
yea i wanted to take it there b/c i've heard all positive feedback but its like an out of town trip for me, i feel like i'd have to jump on the bike with an overnight bag lol
lonnief2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Doesn't sound like anyone I know offhand, but you'll find that most people that take the class from us say very positive things. We built this company around our Instructors and that's why, even today, we refuse to hire anyone that doesn't have an extremely unique? personality. I turned a guy away this weekend that's been teaching for 15 years, but didn't have the right personality for us. Gawd he was boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnief2 View Post
yea i wanted to take it there b/c i've heard all positive feedback but its like an out of town trip for me, i feel like i'd have to jump on the bike with an overnight bag lol
Pfffffft. Had a family of 4 from Texas City; husband-wife from Alvin; and a husband-wife from Victoria; all in the last week and all said because they heard we were the best.

Advertisement