MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
06fairedfz1
rslts may vary

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2004 raven r1
2009 sportsman 500

need some help

not really a motorcycle ride per say, i'm seeing if i can con/bribe someone to make a trip to northshore tonight say around 8:30 or 9 ish. as some of you know the ordeal with my bike, i can't get this punk a$$ kid or his dad to answer their phones so i'm just going to go to his house tonight and ask (not confront) them where the kcuf my bike is and when it will be done. just seeing if someone would come with me in case things get hairy. it will prolly be worth a 18 pack of the beer of your choice. hit me up if you are interested, preferably someone on the s.e. side, i'll drive and drop you back off
832-248-5687 ryan call or text thanks

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
06fairedfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Call the local PD and ask to have an officer there incase conflict arises, if you think it may.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
06fairedfz1
rslts may vary

Bike(s):
2004 raven r1
2009 sportsman 500

still might do that, also would like to have some one there in case i need to load it up in the truck

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Your bike is at their house now?

Last I read it was at Tejas and you were trying to work with them to get the repairs done the way you wanted.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
06fairedfz1
rslts may vary

Bike(s):
2004 raven r1
2009 sportsman 500

last i heard from them it was, it was running but did not have the new fairings or gas tank dent was not repaired, haven't heard from them since, this was about a week ago

Old 01-10-2009, 06:46 PM   #6
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rnz450

what happened?
Old 01-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
06fairedfz1
rslts may vary

Bike(s):
2004 raven r1
2009 sportsman 500

i am working with the guy, i did not want to get tejas as a business involved in this, the guy john has a buddy that works there that was working on the bike. apparantely all he did was fix the oil pan and they are supposed to be taking the bike to another buddy of his to have everything painted and blended

Old 01-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #8
solow
What type of gas is that?

Bike(s):
07' R6

hope you get this worked out i would have gone with you but i don't get out of work till 10. i say just call the cops so they can help you out. so if they start some sh*** you got some help.
solow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #9
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
1991 Yamaha FZR 1000(almost back) somethin special to come

Member Garage

man, wish i could help. i will probably have my daughter later. if i do get out in that area i will call you and see if you have met up with them yet.
KaMaKaZeE_FZR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #10
06fairedfz1
rslts may vary

Bike(s):
2004 raven r1
2009 sportsman 500

it's no prob. if i can't find anybody to go, i can also do this tomorrow. as i said before if you want to go and get some free beer out of it, just hit me up call or text 832-248-5687 ryan

Old 01-11-2009, 04:54 AM   #11
06fairedfz1
rslts may vary

Bike(s):
2004 raven r1
2009 sportsman 500

just a little update, we (myself, leroy, and rawrie) loaded up and went to check out the bike tonight, the oil pan was put on, however, it is leaking it's off and one of the corner bolts that goes into the block is cross threaded and a chunk of the block if broken off, they did not replace the gasket for the pan, just siliconed the pan back on, found at least three to four cracks in the pan due to overtightening of the bolts. also, the fairings have not been fixed and there is still a dent in the gas tank, basically, it has sat for the last month and nothing has been done. In fact, the bike is actually worse now than it was before it went to Tejas. As of right now, i'm going to get a LEO to follow me over there on tuesday and document everything, pick up my bike and take it to Texas Yamaha and get them to write me an estimate. THen, send this guy a certified letter with the estimate on his part of the repairs and take him to court if need be. Now, what do i do about the shitacular job that was done on the oil pan, who is responsible for replacing my engine?

Old 01-11-2009, 05:45 AM   #12
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Note to self no test rides for potential buyers of my bike.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:50 AM   #13
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

That sucks man. I hope everything works out for you. I would report the bike stolen and activate the lojack and then call the local PD in their area to go with you and retrieve it.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #14
06fairedfz1
rslts may vary

Bike(s):
2004 raven r1
2009 sportsman 500

yeah, it just sucks though because now i have to deal with two sets of people. this guy to fix the fairings and the tank, and the guy at tejas that fubared my motor.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #15
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):
1991 Yamaha FZR 1000(almost back) somethin special to come

Member Garage

i cant stand it when people beat around the bush and try to hide things from you, it only makes it worse. sorry it is becoming such a hassle. what all is needed to be done to the fairings, are they cracked bad. ive done a little body work and might be able to help you out there, the only thing is i dont move to my house for another week or two, then ill have a garage we can work on it in. pm me some pics if ya dont mind so i can get an idea of what all it will need. as far as the block goes, it seems that if they were contracted to do the job, and other things were broken in the process, then they should be liable.
KaMaKaZeE_FZR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #16
06fairedfz1
rslts may vary

Bike(s):
2004 raven r1
2009 sportsman 500

the fairings are busted pretty bad, i wouldn't even try to have anybody fix them, this guy need to have them replaced. as far as the oil pan and the block i need to talk with someone at tejas to find out if it went through the shop or if this guy did it on the side. either way it's gonna need a new block and oil pan. i really hate to bring them into this but it needs to be fixed either way.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #17
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

ryan. this is terrible and i cant believe theyre pulling this on you. sounds to me like you need to come over tonight and drink alot of beer.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #18
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Dude holy .... Tejas is liable if they did the work but seriously I doubt that.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #19
06fairedfz1
rslts may vary

Bike(s):
2004 raven r1
2009 sportsman 500

the bike did go to tejas, but i don't know if it went through the shop or if the mechanic did the work on the side. once i figure that out, i'll know who is liable.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #20
06fairedfz1
rslts may vary

Bike(s):
2004 raven r1
2009 sportsman 500

yeah, i went with jack last night and drank a few, i'll see what i can do about getting out tonight, tiff wants to eat dinner somewhere and she just got back in town so i don't know

Advertisement