MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #61
Quicksilver

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa
Harley Davidson Fatboy / Fatbob (April 18, 2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes40 View Post
FKS wrong with you? that is the dumbest thing iv'e ever heard.
I thought that I was the only with that idea, but I was trying to be diplomatic about it. Most people are trying to sugar-coat and not call it what it is. It is plain and simple Depression. Everyone has it on a regular basis, some more than others. I get it on the job all the time, wishing I could make this same money and not be here, then I snap out of it.
The human body is wired with a safety switch to prevent harming your own self. Those who can bypass that wiring, they absolutley need special help. That is why they build extravagent green buildings to house them. So if you think about trying to inflict injury on yourself just to see how it feels, then something it wrong with your wiring especially since it is a conscious thought (definition: having the mental faculties fully active and aware of what one is doing) in your head. They is plenty of evidence out there to prove the outcome.
I think this discussion calls for a prayer at this time. So please pause for a moment of silence and the reading of the prayer.

grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
As it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him
Forever and ever in the next.

PS. it is amazing that if this website was an office building that everyone came to work at and this was said, what would be your reaction? I watch CNN and have seen it reported. Oh, Bobby said a few months prior that he thought about........... and everyone just thought he needed hugs and time to himself.
Then RayRay said, Yeah right....time to himself to plan the Halloween massacre. I'll be working from the house, boss.

Anyway, who is up for a group ride, to help the guy out.
When I grow up... Blanco Taking it to the Track 4 07-05-2012 04:59 PM
How quickly they grow up Grinchy Off Topic 15 04-01-2009 07:21 AM
How to grow some ? Timme' Taking it to the Track 97 07-14-2008 03:14 PM
When i grow up... TnTEntR1 Off Topic 11 11-09-2007 11:06 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #62
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded_Buell View Post
I know exactly what you're talkiing about. Have you tried getting the fix some other way? Local rugby clubs would love to have you out for practice and scrimage. Get a couple of good hits, feel sore for a few days. It's just a nice reminder that you're mortal but you're not a delicate flower.

At least that's the idea, I am a delicate flower so it doesn't always work for me.

Also bear in mind it's an age thing, I went through it at about 32, lasted a year or so. This is good news, means we're only about a dozen years from our mid-life porsche and mistress phase!
Wheres a rugby club around here, in college i played for a bit, but college was the only place ive ever seen it played. Also ive kinda noticed its an age thing seen alot of older guys go through mid life crisis but im only 24 lol. Also i want a fiddy bad but since i just bought a house it may be a while till I get one unless I find a helluva deal.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #63
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I thought that I was the only with that idea, but I was trying to be diplomatic about it. Most people are trying to sugar-coat and not call it what it is. It is plain and simple Depression. Everyone has it on a regular basis, some more than others. I get it on the job all the time, wishing I could make this same money and not be here, then I snap out of it.
The human body is wired with a safety switch to prevent harming your own self. Those who can bypass that wiring, they absolutley need special help. That is why they build extravagent green buildings to house them. So if you think about trying to inflict injury on yourself just to see how it feels, then something it wrong with your wiring especially since it is a conscious thought (definition: having the mental faculties fully active and aware of what one is doing) in your head. They is plenty of evidence out there to prove the outcome.
I think this discussion calls for a prayer at this time. So please pause for a moment of silence and the reading of the prayer.

grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
As it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him
Forever and ever in the next.

PS. it is amazing that if this website was an office building that everyone came to work at and this was said, what would be your reaction? I watch CNN and have seen it reported. Oh, Bobby said a few months prior that he thought about........... and everyone just thought he needed hugs and time to himself.
Then RayRay said, Yeah right....time to himself to plan the Halloween massacre. I'll be working from the house, boss.

Anyway, who is up for a group ride, to help the guy out.
Yeah chief I hope your not serious with what you think. I think you may need to spend alittle more time in your psych classes and talke to the proff more instead of concentrating on the book. I mean if you serious think anyone who puts them self in harms way, every smoker, drinker, police and firefighter, motorcycle rider, pretty much anyone who is alive at the moment should be in the looney bin according to you.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #64
Quicksilver

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I mean if you serious think anyone who puts them self in harms way, every smoker, drinker, police and firefighter, motorcycle rider, pretty much anyone who is alive at the moment should be in the looney bin according to you.
You should read my statement again, as I didn't say that. I did not say putting yourself in harms way, I said, "The human body is wired with a safety switch to prevent harming your own self." Those are two different meanings. ie. If you put your hand on an open flame, your brain automatically makes you pull it back, so as not to "harm" the body. If you can somehow put your hand on an open flame and keep it there to see if you can get it roasted to between medium and well done, then I'm saying the wiring to your brain is faulty. Stepping on nail , etc , etc. You don't continue talking to friend while standing bare feet on a sharp nail.
The examples you gave are not the same because some of those are occupations and you are "TRAINED" (not in 1 day) to overcome the brain's natural reaction and carry out a "mission" whatever it may be. The so called going into harms way is normally referred to specialized profession, either military or civilian. Smoking, drinking etc, not in same class.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #65
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Quote:
You should read my statement again, as I didn't say that. I did not say putting yourself in harms way, I said, "The human body is wired with a safety switch to prevent harming your own self." Those are two different meanings. ie. If you put your hand on an open flame, your brain automatically makes you pull it back, so as not to "harm" the body. If you can somehow put your hand on an open flame and keep it there to see if you can get it roasted to between medium and well done, then I'm saying the wiring to your brain is faulty. Stepping on nail , etc , etc. You don't continue talking to friend while standing bare feet on a sharp nail.
The examples you gave are not the same because some of those are occupations and you are "TRAINED" (not in 1 day) to overcome the brain's natural reaction and carry out a "mission" whatever it may be. The so called going into harms way is normally referred to specialized profession, either military or civilian. Smoking, drinking etc, not in same class.
Ok so everyone know smoking and drinking are harmfull to ones body and could ultimately kill them in severe cases, so the people that still choose to do these thing apparently have some kind wiring flaw according to what you think
Old 01-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #66
Quicksilver

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa

To consider getting on motorcycle going into harm's way....please. I can't think of someone "that goes into harm's way" that doesn't get paid. Can you suggest 3??
Ummmmm, fighter pilot, front line soldier, nuclear plant worker, submariner, sewer diver, SWAT, miner, and I could go on and on. If you want to know the difference between the folks and everyone else on the planet. Their paycheck and contract for starters:
1. isn't under $25/hr
2. it says somewhere in it...HAZARD PAY. that's extra.

If your check doesn't say HAZ Pay, then you don't go into harm's way.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #67
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

I can think on one right off the bat volunteer firefighters! but anyways i dont feel like arguing with you so you win.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #68
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

Track time baby!
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #69
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

thanks for reminding me to sign up for corner working i forgot about that
Old 01-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #70
Quicksilver

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa

Quote:
I can think on one right off the bat volunteer firefighters! but anyways i dont feel like arguing with you so you win.
Keyword here is Volunteer meaning a person who performs a service willingly and without pay. So please give another suggestion.

This is a healthy discussion, where do you see that we are arguing?? I haven't cussed, so all is good.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #71
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Quote:
To consider getting on motorcycle going into harm's way....please. I can't think of someone "that goes into harm's way" that doesn't get paid. Can you suggest 3??Ummmmm, fighter pilot, front line soldier, nuclear plant worker, submariner, sewer diver, SWAT, miner, and I could go on and on. If you want to know the difference between the folks and everyone else on the planet. Their paycheck and contract for starters:
1. isn't under $25/hr
2. it says somewhere in it...HAZARD PAY. that's extra.

If your check doesn't say HAZ Pay, then you don't go into harm's way.
You asked for three i just showed you one that came to mind instantly
Old 01-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #72
Blue Lotus

Location: S.E, If i go across the street im in Pasadena, I go down one block im in Clearlake lol

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1

Send a message via AIM to Blue Lotus Send a message via MSN to Blue Lotus Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Lotus
I feel like that sometimes cause ofcourse the more u ride, the more u r at risk, and thats with anything but more the same with a machine built on two wheels. What I do is take random breaks , which builds up a want to ride when i feel like it and not so much the paranoia
Old 01-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #73
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Yeah I think I'm just gonna go a break for a bit signed up for some time at the track hopefully that will cure thus
Old 01-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #74
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
I've notice I'm getting more and more uncomfortable riding my bike, when I first bought it I rode 600 miles in 3days and I was on it any chance I could get some seat time rain or shine. Now I'm not sure what it is, but when I ride I don't have fun anymore. I've had some many people tell me I'm gonna get killed and read so many rip threads that now I'm starting to focus on getting killed more than anything when riding to point where I'm not having fun. I've never had this problem in the many years I've been riding its just a recent thing.
riding should be a hobby, not a way of life like some make it. take a break, sell the bike, but dont sell your gear!!
Old 01-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #75
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

riding has become much less enjoyable for me recently, b/c it's my only mode of transportation. rain/shine/cold/hot whatever. i started to notice that after a couple of weeks of back and forth to work i wouldn't touch the bike on the weekend.

just give it a week or 2 off, enough that you start looking forward to it again, and then get out there on a group ride.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:36 AM   #76
Orion85

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 ZX-6R

I don't think your problem is depression, but anxiety, or the fear of the unknown, since in your case, you fear crashing because you haven't done it. I don't, by any means, suggest finding out. there are just to many uncontrollable variables in a crash to intensionally cause one and determine the out come accurately before hand. before i got my bike i came to terms with the fact that the possiblity of a spill will always be there, so i dress for the crash not the ride, and i know that its not a matter of if, but when.

I would advise to take a break and think about what riding means to you, weigh the pros and cons and decide if in YOUR opinion if your life would be better or more enjoyable with or without having two-wheels in your life, I think that you will find that you enjoy riding more than you know.

just my .02

oh and read my sig.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:52 AM   #77
The_Gunslinger
Kamakasi

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r
'02 xr250r

i got a bike because i like to ride.
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:54 AM   #78
Unleaded_Buell
Long Stroke; Low RPM

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Buell XB9

Member Garage

Quote:
Wheres a rugby club around here, in college i played for a bit, but college was the only place ive ever seen it played. Also ive kinda noticed its an age thing seen alot of older guys go through mid life crisis but im only 24 lol. Also i want a fiddy bad but since i just bought a house it may be a while till I get one unless I find a helluva deal.
Not sure which part of town you're in but there are several men's rugby clubs in Houston.
www.bayarearugby.com/
www.houstonrugby.org/
www.woodlandsrugby.com/
etc., etc.

I played 2 years college, 2 years union, 1 year semi-pro (I made almost one hundred and sixty dollars!), and union off and on for about 12 years now.

Amen on the fiddy brother, and good response to the projectionist dimestore psychoanalysis.

Timidi mater non flet.
Unleaded_Buell is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement