Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #41
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
My bike is fairly bad about headshake when ridden hard, but as you said earlier, you're not going to be riding it hard enough to really matter. All of the 2006-up ZX-10R's come with an Ohlins damper, and although it's not nearly as good as actual aftermarket dampers, with your riding style it would be more adequate for you.

I'd be looking at Streetfighters though for strictly commuting. Give me a Z1000, Speed Triple, Monster, or the like. I REALLY want the new Ducati Streetfighter, but don't have an extra $17,000 laying around
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
06 gsxr 1000 with a 07 gsxer 1000 motor in it??? mrjohnican General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 09-22-2015 08:07 AM
Honda cbr1000 or Yamaha r1 wHo PeTE General Discussion (Moto Related) 66 06-01-2013 08:27 PM
'06 GSXR 1000 Rear Seat on '07 GSXR 600? Triple T General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 12-18-2011 03:07 PM
05 GSXR 1000 gauge mount fit 06 GSXR 600? moose2590 General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 11-11-2011 10:43 AM
R1 vs GSX1000 vs CBR1000 vs ZX10 Coast Rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 10-15-2008 01:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #42
Mr Richards
Insert Clever Quote Here

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1 (Street)
2005 Yamaha R1 (Track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post

Just shop around is all I'm saying...most of the dealers here are selling at MSRP but you can get cheaper.
As a busa owner, what do you think about a busa or zx14 for his riding purposes?
Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #43
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Richards View Post
As a busa owner, what do you think about a busa or zx14 for his riding purposes?

A busa is about the best all around bike there is, bar none...... Don't let the BS full ya, a busa will handle great, its stable as can be and very forgiving. I mean it probably would't be outstanding on a race track because of its weight and ground clearance but for street roosting, fast sweepers etc, its awesome. Very confidence inspiring.

I would definetly shoot for an 08 or 09 busa. The engines have been changed quite a bit, make OUTSTANDING power at all rpm ranges and smooth as glass doing it, not to mention, they are freakin bulletproof machines. The 08s also have new suspension and brakes, as well as a better cooling system, 2 fans, better charging system etc. You really can't go wrong with an 08 busa. Its only disadvantage is the weight....You can get an aftermarket pipe and knock off over 50lbs off the bike though.

Feel free to PM me any questions about busas. I have owned mine since new in 2000....its a dinosaur now but I still love it. I also have a 1000 that I ride a lot. I like both for different reasons but if I had to pick between a new busa or new 1000, I would go busa without a doubt....

The ONLY thing that liter bikes are better for then busas are riding on a race track...THATS it....oh and stunting....busas don't stunt well. They are designed to kick and thats what they do, especially the gen 2s.

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #44
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Quote:
Some of the replies on this thread are just dumb.

Just man up and buy which ever 1000 you like the best when you sit on it.....They all haul , they all handle well and they all stop well. Get which one you are the most comfortable on and the one you like the looks of the best. Some do have better power bands then others but coming from R6, even the weak low end on a R1 will feel like a monster truck to you.

Also consider buying out of state, it will save you a ton of money. Local dealers are crooks. Check the dealers in Missouri, they often have killer deals on Zukes and Yamis.
+1
90% of what you will be recommended will be what they are driving look at everybodys input and look at what they ride its up to you bro ride the bike and then say wow this is the best one! Also the one I am interested in is the new R1 mainly cuz its new tech completely new motor setup(crossplane motor firing) and the bike has been completely overhauled maybe making it the latest and greatest. Also how everybody states this bike is real jerky this one ir more forgiving etc. well with the new R1 you can choose from 3 maps which allow a standard drive, a sport map for more aggressive throttle and like a cruise mode for just riding around so its not real touchy it seems the bike will have ALOT of new "latest and greatest features" heres a basic link to read up some. I realize you stated no 2009 but if your buying a new bike then come on.... I would think your cool.... haha if not just get a used one... save ALOT of money the price on bikes drops through the floor....
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/08/y...-firing-order/

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #45
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
A busa is about the best all around bike there is, bar none...... Don't let the BS full ya, a busa will handle great, its stable as can be and very forgiving. I mean it probably would't be outstanding on a race track because of its weight and ground clearance but for street roosting, fast sweepers etc, its awesome. Very confidence inspiring.

I would definetly shoot for an 08 or 09 busa. The engines have been changed quite a bit, make OUTSTANDING power at all rpm ranges and smooth as glass doing it, not to mention, they are freakin bulletproof machines. The 08s also have new suspension and brakes, as well as a better cooling system, 2 fans, better charging system etc. You really can't go wrong with an 08 busa. Its only disadvantage is the weight....You can get an aftermarket pipe and knock off over 50lbs off the bike though.

Feel free to PM me any questions about busas. I have owned mine since new in 2000....its a dinosaur now but I still love it. I also have a 1000 that I ride a lot. I like both for different reasons but if I had to pick between a new busa or new 1000, I would go busa without a doubt....

The ONLY thing that liter bikes are better for then busas are riding on a race track...THATS it....oh and stunting....busas don't stunt well. They are designed to kick and thats what they do, especially the gen 2s.
I would definitely agree. A 'busa for comfort, speed, and back roads!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #46
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Britt, you might consider looking at some used bikes before going to the stealerships. There are some good deals to be had with folks that buy brand new then turn right around and sell because they need the money. I haven't ridden any of the new bikes so I can't tell you what I'd recommend. Just learn as much as you can about them and get the one you like the best. My two cents.
rideForrestride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #47
jchinojosa82

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2008 R1

R1
jchinojosa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:54 AM   #48
spring r1

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

i wouldn't get an r1 unless you plan on riding around above 8 grand where the power comes in........it doesnt have alot of low end or mid range power....its out or nothing on its power but its got hella top end
Old 01-09-2009, 07:28 AM   #49
Mr Richards
Insert Clever Quote Here

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1 (Street)
2005 Yamaha R1 (Track)

Member Garage

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=11

Apparently, he decided on a R1. Don't know specifics, yet.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #50
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
Yeah, I found a good deal on a used R1 local, with less than 900 miles, and all the mod's that I'd want already installed. It was either that or a Repsol Honda in CC.

Thanks for all the suggestions and comments. Now, I need to sell this R6! - only 3800.

Britt
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #51
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
The 09 R1 will be here in a couple of weeks but I see you found one.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #52
dinhner

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
R1

Send a message via AIM to dinhner
in for r1
dinhner is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement