MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #41
supdupgsxr
done with drama!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2007 R1

I just went to my first USMC ball this year- it was pretty cool!

Ok, sorry to up this thread, just browsing through, killing time till I go to work.
HELP FOR MY SOLDIER sonsofnece Stolen Bike Reports 19 08-18-2011 07:36 AM
Help out a soldier FieroReinke General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 11-05-2009 09:17 PM
If Azylum Were A Soldier FastLine Off Topic 10 05-22-2009 03:36 PM
soldier talking Javi Off Topic 1 05-29-2007 05:14 PM
the soldier and the nun bentgixxer Off Topic 2 05-08-2006 04:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #42
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Ex army.

Stay safe and get your back here for beer!

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #43
Starkiller
Relentlessaurus Rex

Bike(s):
SV650

Send a message via AIM to Starkiller Send a message via Yahoo to Starkiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Ninja View Post
Haha awesome. How long have you been in?

I leave soon. Gotta hit up Meps though this week. Then I should have a date soon of when I leave.

Gonna sign up for 6 years so I can become E3 right after tech school. If they still have that incentive that is.

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa-WHOAAAA!

stop, listen

first off: 6 years of active duty? or 3 years of active duty, and 3 years inactive?

If it's 6 years active, -don't- do it. why? simple, very simple, you don't know the military life just yet... start out smaller, because you always have re-enlistment, and generally re-elistment comes with a cash bonus $_$ cha-ching.

3 years active and 3 inactive though isnt so bad, I am 4 years active and 4 inactive, with just 2 more years to go til i get to go back to houston texas and do my thing as a cicilian ^_^ I am counting down the days... Man what I would give to be free again, living life without the high and tight haircut and the shaving every day...
Old 01-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #44
Starkiller
Relentlessaurus Rex

Bike(s):
SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdupgsxr View Post
I just went to my first USMC ball this year- it was pretty cool!

Ok, sorry to up this thread, just browsing through, killing time till I go to work.
how are you whoring up the thred? >_< I don't understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
Ex army.

Stay safe and get your back here for beer!
a year too young for beer... Though i drink it anyway everytime i get home >_< Budwieser is my drink of choice.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #45
SVDan
MoveBeech

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S
KX 250
Fiiddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper1 View Post
Boot.)

Squid is an affectionate term for Navy personell.
: thumb:
Old 01-07-2009, 07:04 PM   #46
tinwhereseleven

Quote:
Haha awesome. How long have you been in?

I leave soon. Gotta hit up Meps though this week. Then I should have a date soon of when I leave.

Gonna sign up for 6 years so I can become E3 right after tech school. If they still have that incentive that is.
been in for almost 2 years now whats your AFSC?
tinwhereseleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #47
Sniper1
Long Range Diplomat

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki RM250

Quote:
If it's 6 years active, -don't- do it. why? simple, very simple, you don't know the military life just yet... start out smaller, because you always have re-enlistment, and generally re-elistment comes with a cash bonus $ cha-ching.
Some occupational specialities require a 6 year contract because of schooling.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #48
Sniper1
Long Range Diplomat

Bike(s):
Suzuki RM250

Quote:
Yea I am in Camp cobra

101st decided to stick me in the biggest craphole out here
There are way bigger crapholes in the sandbox than Cobra, dude.....trust me

Ever been up North?
Old 01-08-2009, 02:57 AM   #49
Urban Ninja
Phuc Dat

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinwhereseleven View Post
1A0X1 In-Flight Refueling is what I would love to do. So hopefully that will work out. What do you do?

I hope to be stationed in Kadena AF Base or Osan AF Base. That would be ideal. But I know how that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkiller View Post
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa-WHOAAAA!

stop, listen

first off: 6 years of active duty? or 3 years of active duty, and 3 years inactive?

If it's 6 years active, -don't- do it. why? simple, very simple, you don't know the military life just yet... start out smaller, because you always have re-enlistment, and generally re-elistment comes with a cash bonus $ cha-ching.

3 years active and 3 inactive though isnt so bad, I am 4 years active and 4 inactive, with just 2 more years to go til i get to go back to houston texas and do my thing as a cicilian ^_^ I am counting down the days... Man what I would give to be free again, living life without the high and tight haircut and the shaving every day...
Hmm, I am not sure on that. I better find out. But from what I keep hearing with folks that are in the Air Force, they seem to love it and often stay in for a long time. But I believe it's 6 years active duty. ...I need to found out now to make sure.

Quote:
, I hated MEPS. Horrible food and every swinging E-5 and below in the building fancies his or herself as a Drill Instructor, yelling at everyone.

Place blows. Plus they make you sleep overnight in that hotel, with no contact with anyone.

So I am assuming bringing a laptop to the hotel is out of the question?

Last edited by Urban Ninja; 01-08-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Urban Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:30 AM   #50
gsxr005
Rocky

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha YZF450 Dirtbike

Send a message via AIM to gsxr005 Send a message via Yahoo to gsxr005
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRod View Post
I'm new to the Texas Army National Guard. I'm goin to Fort Leonardwood for basic and AIT in the first week of March. I'll be back around June/July. 88M
Just do best your and keep you're head! The other things will come as you go. Keep YOU'RE WEPON pointed down range and not flappin in the wind!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2duevas View Post
Squid is a slang term used to describe an irresponsible motorcyclist. The term is common among motorcyclists in North America.

The term is generally used to describe a motorcyclist who rides aggressively, erratically or beyond their capabilities. Squids are perceived as overconfident and often ride without appropriate safety equipment, such as a helmet, gloves, leather jacket, riding pants, or boots.

The origin of the term squid is ambiguous. It is commonly said to be a contraction of squirrely and kid, or less commonly, squished and kid. a female rider who exhibits these characteristics is typically called a squirrel, for squirrely girl.

Squid is also described occasionally as an acronym, although these are likely backronyms.

o "Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous"
o "Stupidly Quick, Underdressed and Imminently Dead"
o "Super Quick Until I Die"
o "Speeding Quickly Until I Die"
Wow! Learn something new everyday!

Quote:
Not too many asian Airman eh?

Not an airman, US Army I'm asian well more like Pacific Islander. PINOY!

I hope I get to meet some really cool peeps in the Air Force.
You will and not just in the Air Force but other branch of our Military. You'll learn this quick!

Quote:
, I hated MEPS. Horrible food and every swinging E-5 and below in the building fancies his or herself as a Drill Instructor, yelling at everyone.

Place blows. Plus they make you sleep overnight in that hotel, with no contact with anyone.
yeh! Got that right! This is so true! Sleep there nop! Recurter took me out and we had a beer! Almost didn't pass the UA test hehehe lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinwhereseleven View Post
Cool man!

Quote:
There are way bigger crapholes in the sandbox than Cobra, dude.....trust me

Ever been up North?
Again you're so right! i have, i have! ***ing sucks man cold, $hit to do! But go to the play cards, clean you're wepon, hit the range, go to the gym, to keep your sanity. Oh while up North NO WOMEN TO AT LEASE LOOK AT!!!

By the way I in:
US ARMY 2nd Armor Calvary Attach with 173rd infantry BSB. In Afghanistan

I ride because I want too, I ride because I need too, enough talk lets ride! Till our seats catches on fire! The faster the better! Ride it to your Limits. "I live my life quarter mile at a time and in those 10sec I'm free and nothing else matter" No BS, No hassle, No worries just me and my bike.
gsxr005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:35 AM   #51
gsxr005
Rocky

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha YZF450 Dirtbike

Send a message via AIM to gsxr005 Send a message via Yahoo to gsxr005
[QUOTE=Urban Ninja;1689201]1A0X1 In-Flight Refueling is what I would love to do. So hopefully that will work out. What do you do?

I hope to be stationed in Kadena AF Base or Osan AF Base. That would be ideal. But I know how that goes.

Osan AF Base is the $hit!!!!!!!! My Old stomping ground. Good shopping to and the night activity. I don't want to spoil it for you! I'll let you find out by you're self! hahaha lol Man you brought out the good old days! Darn!

I ride because I want too, I ride because I need too, enough talk lets ride! Till our seats catches on fire! The faster the better! Ride it to your Limits. "I live my life quarter mile at a time and in those 10sec I'm free and nothing else matter" No BS, No hassle, No worries just me and my bike.

Last edited by gsxr005; 01-08-2009 at 04:36 AM. Reason: mistake
gsxr005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 AM   #52
Starkiller
Relentlessaurus Rex

Bike(s):
SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr005 View Post
By the way I in:
wheres home base for you? fort hood?
Old 01-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #53
Urban Ninja
Phuc Dat

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZR600

Quote:
Osan AF Base is the !!!!!!!! My Old stomping ground. Good shopping to and the night activity. I don't want to spoil it for you! I'll let you find out by you're self! hahaha lol Man you brought out the good old days! Darn!
Man, now I really hope I get stationed there! I keep hearing nothing but good things about Kadena AF Base and Osan AF Base.

I hope I don't end up in the base in Guam. For some reason, I don't think I am going to like it. If I don't get the 2 bases mentioned above, I would like to cross my fingers and hope Rammstein AF Base in Germany would be where they would put me. That way I can at least travel to all the other European countries while I am there.

Quote:

By the way I in:

Take care bro. My buddy in the Army got sent to Iraq last month early in December. He called me and was like "So yea, it happened. They are sending me to the sandbox."

I was like, "Whatever you need me to buy to send out to you let me know."

Last edited by Urban Ninja; 01-08-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #54
Hades
Underworld

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
**05 Repsol** gone :(
**CBR F4**Sold
**00 R6** Sold
**00 748** Sold
Illegal Senorita

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Hades
4yrs Navy
maybe going to National Gaurd in the next few months

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I'm some what knowledgeable on PPs
Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
i ride around the pole
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #55
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country (Cory Ness Edition)

Quote:
Man, now I really hope I get stationed there! I keep hearing nothing but good things about Kadena AF Base and Osan AF Base.

I hope I don't end up in the base in Guam.

Take care bro. My buddy in the Army got sent to Iraq last month early in December. He called me and was like "So yea, it happened. They are sending me to the sandbox."

I was like, "Whatever you need me to buy to send out to you let me know."

I hit Guam twice, effin nice. Absolutely beautiful, and the golf course on base is frickin unbelievable.
Was at Kadena for about 4 months...........one of the best bases I have been on. The surrounding area is great too for shopping and night life. The locals are a lot nicer there than they are around other asian bases.

And as far as sending stuff to your buddy in Iraq...................during my tours in Iraq we got all kinds of care packages. They had baby wipes, cookies, crackers ,etc.........They were great to get and we loved them, but I started sending packages of my own to my buddies after I got out. I send them a package with a carton (or 2) of Marlboro Lights, a couple logs of dip (cope snuff and long cut), a couple bags of chew, and then I download some amature and burn them some DVD's and throw it all in a box with some baby whipes, lotion, and soft paper!!!! I am a to them!!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #56
Urban Ninja
Phuc Dat

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyneLawson View Post
I hit Guam twice, effin nice. Absolutely beautiful, and the golf course on base is frickin unbelievable.
Was at Kadena for about 4 months...........one of the best bases I have been on. The surrounding area is great too for shopping and night life. The locals are a lot nicer there than they are around other asian bases.

And as far as sending stuff to your buddy in Iraq...................during my tours in Iraq we got all kinds of care packages. They had baby wipes, cookies, crackers ,etc.........They were great to get and we loved them, but I started sending packages of my own to my buddies after I got out. I send them a package with a carton (or 2) of Marlboro Lights, a couple logs of dip (cope snuff and long cut), a couple bags of chew, and then I download some amature and burn them some DVD's and throw it all in a box with some baby whipes, lotion, and soft paper!!!! I am a to them!!!!

, that is nice man. LOL. He needs to call me ASAP so I can found out where I can send him stuff.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #57
Echo4Hotel

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
03 R6

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Echo4Hotel
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyneLawson View Post
Man I spent a year at Camp Schwab (land of the hand), if it were not for Kadena and the local area we would have gone crazy. Don't know if it still is, but back then Schwab was strictly combat arms so not a female in sight despite the mamason cutting hair. We didn't get a very warm reception usually though, maybe it changed. We got denied service because we were Americans at a few restaurants and had picket lines in front of the main gate often. They didn't like us much.

I had a layover in Guam when I was otw to check in to Okinawa and it was so humid I thought I would die in Alphas. This was INSIDE the airport, don't think they had air conditioners there.
Echo4Hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #58
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo4Hotel View Post
Man I spent a year at Camp Schwab (land of the hand), if it were not for Kadena and the local area we would have gone crazy. Don't know if it still is, but back then Schwab was strictly combat arms so not a female in sight despite the mamason cutting hair. We didn't get a very warm reception usually though, maybe it changed. We got denied service because we were Americans at a few restaurants and had picket lines in front of the main gate often. They didn't like us much.

I had a layover in Guam when I was otw to check in to Okinawa and it was so humid I thought I would die in Alphas. This was INSIDE the airport, don't think they had air conditioners there.
Yeah, Guam can get pretty effin humid........still good times to be had there....

Schwab was still lond-o-the-hand when I was around. That was 4 years ago. There are still the once a month on average picket lines out by the gates too...but, it was still a great frickin spot man. Gate 2 street!!!!! yeah!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #59
Sniper1
Long Range Diplomat

Bike(s):
Suzuki RM250

Quote:
So I am assuming bringing a laptop to the hotel is out of the question?
Not sure, have to ask your Recruiter.

Guam was the shiznizzy...they had an awesome titty bar called The G Spot. We spent 4 days there and I only remember what I videotaped. LOTS of booze and chicks.

Kadena was the place to go if you wanted to hit up a 'mall'. The Exchange there was pretty big if I remember correctly. That and there was a bar there that was infamous for interservice fights. I was apart of a Navy vs. Marine that spilled out into the parking lot. MPs everywhere....good times. I was a big fan of the GATE 2 scene....bar after bar.

Personally, I dont care for Okinawa....good for Jungle Training/Survival and it has some AWESOME dive spots. But overall, not my bag.

Quote:
1A0X1 In-Flight Refueling is what I would love to do
May I ask why? Ive always been interested at why people choose the jobs they do in the service.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #60
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):

Oki was pretty good for dive bars mayn...........Teaserz Pub was fcukin nice......they played nothing but metal and the owner was always gettin fcuked up and just handing us bottles from the bar!!! I lived on frickin Absynthe!!!!! 4-corners FTMFW!!!! Walkin back to base hamered and stoppin by California Chicken!!! That retired Gunny that owned the place was cool

Advertisement