Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Safety Corner > New Riders and MSF Course Info
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

06 F4i
Stolen Big Wheel

Pucker factor!

Had a of a day today, finally broke 500 miles! I decided to have some fun with my day off and took a nice cruise from conroe to huntsville and back 86miles from start. To wrap up the night i decided to pull in the local movie theater for kicks (the grand in conroe), but the line was out into the parking lot, and my movie started 5 mins before. So, head headed out.

The Grande has one crappy traffic light at the exit, I couln't get the light to trigger for the life of me. I tried all the tricks rolling back and foward over the lines in the ground, putting my kick stand on it, nothing. i glance behind me a nice line has formed, the people directly behind chuckling visibly at my frustration. I glance to the right a car was stopped at the intersection waiting to turn in, to my left standard issue redneck mobile about to pass..

I glance down checking my position one more time, but boy that truck was getting loud. As i look up i begin to feel the wind pick up, from the passing truck. Zero time to react folks. Drunk weaved within a foot of the bike (and i was 4 feet or so from the crossing roadway). Drunk mobile jumped the curb narrowly missing a light pole, and re-entered the roadway fishtailing over the hill out of sight.

thats the closest call i've ever had. Funny thing is, I think he actually triggered the light, because after all that it finally changed =p

Keep your eyes peeled folks!
Valkorin is offline   Reply With Quote