MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #21
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official, Kawasaki out of MotoGP alrova Taking it to the Track 12 01-09-2009 07:38 PM
Hacking gets Kawasaki nod for Laguna MotoGP. Grinchy Taking it to the Track 26 07-15-2008 12:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2008, 12:01 AM   #22
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob65 View Post
I hope so, They dont have but . Everything they make, honda or suzuki make cheaper. The only good thing to come from kawi is scott russel.

Is that right?

2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R $11,799
2009 Honda CBR1000RR $11,999
2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000 $12,199
2009 Yamaha R1 $12,490

Looks like they're the cheapest out of the big four. Quite the opposite of what you're saying to be true don't ya think?

In something as competitive as SS bikes, no one is on top for long at all(BTW, dollar for dollar your 749 is a shitbox compared to any of the big 4) Honda puts 'CBR' on ALL their sportbikes, Suzuki puts 'GSX-R' on the sides of ALL of theirs, and Yamaha throws an 'R' on the side of ALL of theirs as well. Why cry about Kawi throwing 'Ninja' on theirs when it's not ANY different from any other manufacturer?

Funny how 'we're' the ignorant ones because we buy Kawasakis, yet any and every reason you list for disliking the company as a whole is about the most ignorant thing I've read on this forum in a loooooong while. You sir, are a tool.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:03 AM   #23
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Just saw you have a 2006 600RR. That bike wasn't exactly raking in awards man. As a matter of fact, the word I remember most from any and all tests is the word boring.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:06 AM   #24
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 12-31-2008, 12:08 AM   #25
8abusa
Rollin on the cruiser now

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
zx14-Sold
Ride Smart Warrior-Sold
ZX6R-Sold
Yamaha VMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob65 View Post
The only reason kawi has any decent sales numbers is becouse of ignorant people who know nothing about motorcycles who think becouse the bike says ninja on the side, its the fastest thing out there.
You are a babiling idiot................fu&%in moron
8abusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:11 AM   #26
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post

gett'em David. Princess just drop some .
Just a few facts an observations from your neighborhood 'Ninjabike' rider.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:13 AM   #27
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 12-31-2008, 10:22 AM   #28
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
They did, just not all in MotoGP.
Honda and Zook out of AMA, I think Subaru pulled from Rally or something.
Subaru from WRC and Honda from F1 are the big movers and shakers
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:26 AM   #29
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
i wonder if they will stop making bikes sooner or later
IMO they'll be around for years, they produce some decent street bikes but just can't build a World championship race bike for as hard as they try.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #30
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
what about that time you had to ride your wifes bike cuz yours crapped out

Shhh, it was the battery, not the bike!
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:43 PM   #31
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVmike View Post
i was going to ask that. James didn't you say something like "her bike turns better"? Pretty sure I overheard you say that a few times that day
It did and I could put my engine in that frame, it would be the best thing to ride
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #32
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Hopkins: Everything is up in the air

Quote:
John Hopkins has not given up hope of Kawasaki until an official announcement is made regarding their withdrawal.

John Hopkins insists he hasn't confirmed the withdrawal of Kawasaki from MotoGP and that it remains ‘up in the air' as to whether he will be competing with the team in 2009.

The news that Kawasaki is on the verge of quitting MotoGP this week has rocked the sport, not least because of its sudden nature and the fact it will leave just four manufacturers and 17 bikes on the 2009 grid.

Even so, no official word has been made by the Japanese team as of yet, and until there is Hopkins insists he is unwilling to comment on the rumours.

Posting a message on his personal website, Hopkins, who endured a torrid maiden season with Kawasaki in 2008 following a series of injuries, played down the reports that stated him as confirming their departure.

“As you all know, everything is up in the air and people want answers. Everything from here is now in my managers hands. I have read nearly all articles posted and find it absolutely crazy how people are stating that I have announced this/or said that. when in fact I have avoided ALL phone-calls from the media until time permits.

“There will be an official press release held very soon, where we can confirm or deny all rumours. I will let you all now as soon as I get the go ahead. I just wanted to say thank you for all your support through this year and now. Will keep you posted…”

Marco Melandri, who only rode the Kawasaki for the first time last month, has reportedly been notified of the team's exit via a letter. Kawasaki had spent several months attempting to free Melandri from a multi-year contract with Ducati.

Should they withdraw, Kawasaki will become the fourth Japanese brand to quit a major series following on from Honda in Formula 1, as well as Suzuki and Subaru in the World Rally Championship.
Not looking good for the men in green
Old 01-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #33
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

I believe there's more to Kawasaki pulling the plug on their MotoGP racing effort than a slowing global economy. They had spotty results at best in the class and were never a solid contender for the championship since entering the MotoGP wars in 2002. The riders they had were MotoGP enigmas yet still relatively pricey, too. Don't forget that the company hadn't raced a GP class since the early 1980s when they decided to join the MotoGP fray in 2002, a hiatus of almost 20 years. Without results, which never came, it's hard to justify the presence in the class. On paper and based on recent history, it didn't look like 2009 was going to be their year in the premier class, so bam! Perfect storm! , I don't even think this was a tough decision to make for top brass.

Long live Anton Mang and Kork Ballington! (I don't bleed green, , I'm not even close to brand specific, but in Kawasaki GP lingo, these guys are gods.)

Last edited by Racer997; 01-02-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Racer997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #34
magzx12r

Feedback Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi jm View Post
That I doubt. Kawasaki still enjoys a fair share of the consumer motorcycle market. Which is surprising seeing as they have not won a superbike race in 5+ years.
Chris Walker won a WSBK race on a ZX-10R a couple of years ago in the rain. I understand your point though. Kawasaki has not had good success in racing but has built good street bikes.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #35
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
I believe there's more to Kawasaki pulling the plug on their MotoGP racing effort than a slowing global economy. They had spotty results at best in the class and were never a solid contender for the championship since entering the MotoGP wars in 2002. The riders they had were MotoGP enigmas yet still relatively pricey, too. Don't forget that the company hadn't raced a GP class since the early 1980s when they decided to join the MotoGP fray in 2002, a hiatus of almost 20 years. Without results, which never came, it's hard to justify the presence in the class. On paper and based on recent history, it didn't look like 2009 was going to be their year in the premier class, so bam! Perfect storm! , I don't even think this was a tough decision to make for top brass.

Long live Anton Mang and Kork Ballington! (I don't bleed green, , I'm not even close to brand specific, but in Kawasaki GP lingo, these guys are gods.)
such a shame Mang's move up to the 500's was blighted by injury. I watched him at Silverstone on the RGV500 Suzuki and he was special, just abit green at the time.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #36
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by magzx12r View Post
Chris Walker won a WSBK race on a ZX-10R a couple of years ago in the rain. I understand your point though. Kawasaki has not had good success in racing but has built good street bikes.
Now that you said that I do remember that race, jeez people were falling like flies. IMHO, the ZX7rr was the best SBK they ever build. Heavy and outdated by todays standards, but in it's day it was a real contender. I think it was 2002 that was the last year Eric Bostrom rode for Kawasaki? He won quite a few races on that bike. Always on the podium. That bike design was close to 10 years old at that time.
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #37
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Kawasaki could still be involved in MotoGP this season after Aspar manager Jorge Martinez revealed he is in talks with series organisers Dorna to revive his stillborn project.

Aspar were close to graduating to the premier class in 2009 with a third Kawasaki entry, but the deal fell through after disagreeing on the manufacturer's choice of Shinya Nakano, rather than the Spanish rider Martinez's sponsors desired.

Nonetheless, Martinez claims to have been contacted by Dorna, who are desperate to retain a fifth manufacturer presence on the 2009 grid as it looks increasingly likely the series will start the season with a somewhat paltry 17 bike line-up.

Speaking to Italian newspaper Gazetta dello Sport, Martinez admits he is interested in reviving the project and keep Kawasaki racing as a privateer entry.

"Negotiations to take over the two Kawasaki (bikes) have started,” he said. “I don't know with certainty when or if this opportunity will become reality. I'm willing to negotiate. We'll see."

Although Aspar could face the same issues as last time if their sponsors demand a Spanish rider again, both John Hopkins and Marco Melandri would be tempting propositions for the team nonetheless.

Hopkins alone comes with extensive backing from energy drinks company Monster, while Melandri comes with experience that would prove tempting for a burgeoning team.
fingers crossed
quite why you'd want to run an already relatively uncompetitive bike which I imagine will receive very limited development in the near future is beyond me but here's hoping.....................
all down to the wonga I guess
Old 01-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #38
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

I'm with you, , I'd go with 'Zook before Kawi, at least they were semi-respectable last season. Sounds like they must go with Kawi, or nothing at all though

'Twould be nice if this worked out, but I ain't holdin' my breath!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #39
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I'm with you, , I'd go with 'Zook before Kawi, at least they were semi-respectable last season. Sounds like they must go with Kawi, or nothing at all though

'Twould be nice if this worked out, but I ain't holdin' my breath!
me neither,
sad to see such a depleted grid................. only 17
going to go the way of F1 if they're not careful
the costs need to be addressed even if it means taking a step back with electronics etc IMO
Old 01-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #40
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
me neither,
sad to see such a depleted grid................. only 17
going to go the way of F1 if they're not careful
the costs need to be addressed even if it means taking a step back with electronics etc IMO
Which is apparently what most of the top riders want anyway.

They can't do away with electronics though, then Casey Stoner wouldn't win another race and Nicky Hayden would be battling with Rossi while the rest of the field is +20 seconds or more back!

Advertisement