Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #701
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
So Slowblack and I spoke, at length, after the ride, in my driveway. I expressed to him, that my desire to ride crazy, 610 in particular, is slowly passing. I just know that it is messed up that I thank Jesus when I get home because I am genuinely thankful that I survived a ride. Not unusual to thank HIM after riding, but when I am thanking him that I LIVED, something is wrong.

I expressed to a couple of people that I am about through with that ride. I love PP1 and will continue to visit regularly, but I may be retiring from that "route." And when I say "route" I am talkin some insane . Not triple digits, but DEEP DEEP triples.

I dont get these same feelings on the backroads. I think it is because I have ridden these same roads hundreds of times. When people look at the video, it appears crazier than it actually is, IMO.

Nevertheless, I have proven whatever it is that we try to prove. The days of the craziness are nearing their end. I am thankful to have survived this long. I will still ride spirited, but there is a difference, in my opinion, between what some call spirited and what I have called it.

I dunno...maybe I am just being emo today. Of course, I have thought this way before, then Hooligan taps his tail piece as I LET him pass, and it's out again.

Anyway, just rambling about what has been on my mind lately.
I know what you mean. I find myself thinking, ok - been there, survived that. How long do I want to play the odds...

BTW, I've now ridden 3090 and the Forest a couple of times at a slow pace. There is some great scenery out there. Ba ha ha ha.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
7/2/14 SHNF ride Zrx jet's 1st ride in the forest Buelligan Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 07-03-2014 10:03 AM
N 1st N00b Ride for Feb. A Looong ride through the Country and The Forest Sat 2/22/2014 Blamdiggity Events, Meets and Rides 170 02-25-2014 08:48 PM
Forest Ride Ride-HalFFast Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-01-2012 11:03 AM
Secret Forest Ride Saturday Dec 11 KSU 945-Moderate Ride Starting in Katy Rykoson Events, Meets and Rides 32 12-12-2010 03:05 AM
BDAY Forest Ride 8/29/2009 w/the Forest Gnomes!!! hybrid_crx Events, Meets and Rides 62 08-30-2009 03:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #702
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
FWIW, 7 or guys passed me while driving down 45 at lets say mph....3 minutes later here comes CDill by his lonesome self cruising around 80 mph. I am being serious here....

I WAS GLAD TO SEE HIM riding HIS OWN RIDE.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #703
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
Quote:
So Slowblack and I spoke, at length, after the ride, in my driveway. I expressed to him, that my desire to ride crazy, 610 in particular, is slowly passing. I just know that it is messed up that I thank Jesus when I get home because I am genuinely thankful that I survived a ride. Not unusual to thank HIM after riding, but when I am thanking him that I LIVED, something is wrong.

I expressed to a couple of people that I am about through with that ride. I love PP1 and will continue to visit regularly, but I may be retiring from that "route." And when I say "route" I am talkin some insane . Not triple digits, but DEEP DEEP triples.

I dont get these same feelings on the backroads. I think it is because I have ridden these same roads hundreds of times. When people look at the video, it appears crazier than it actually is, IMO.

Nevertheless, I have proven whatever it is that we try to prove. The days of the craziness are nearing their end. I am thankful to have survived this long. I will still ride spirited, but there is a difference, in my opinion, between what some call spirited and what I have called it.

I dunno...maybe I am just being emo today. Of course, I have thought this way before, then Hooligan taps his tail piece as I LET him pass, and it's out again.

Anyway, just rambling about what has been on my mind lately.
i feel ya, i'm feeling the same way about thanking for bringing me home safe.

maybe becasue i know i'm playing with death when i'm out riding hard. like i told you and curt. i'm scared to know what's around the next turn. and that's why i ride like i do on the public roads. i think i can keep up with most people on 3090 and the forest. but i wanna live to see tomorrow.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #704
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
I know what you mean. I find myself thinking, ok - been there, survived that. How long do I want to play the odds...

BTW, I've now ridden 3090 and the Forest a couple of times at a slow pace. There is some great scenery out there. Ba ha ha ha.
thanks for lettin me follow you Curt. i was right behind you all day on the little camel yamaha. my first time out there ever but theres some nice roads back there for sure.

that one time you blasted off on the straight i tried to hang but between all the rocks that got kicked up at me (hit my knees and helmet lol) and only having a baby 600 i couldnt stick behind you. I think maybe once or twice more i might move up to B group. i felt like i coulda rode yesterday with one hand. but i dont know the roads and with that kinda weather i didnt wanna chance it on a more spirited ride thanks anyways though ill be sure to get out more often!
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #705
Polo1000RR

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR
2003 600 RR

I hear you cdill. I wish I could go out everywhere I go. I have a wife and two little girls at home. Thats why for I can't ride that crazy on the freeways any more. I am happy with the ridin a few wheelies and hiting the twisties up every now and then. Wish I could have made it yesterday, I look forward to seeing yall again soon.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #706
slowblack05
please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo4Hotel View Post
After meeting slowblack05 yesterday and just hearing how he likes to talk friendly to you, I expect the response will be "you getting passed".

Good videos, good riding both of you. I kept wanting to grab the screen and flip it 180 degrees to see the guys behind you. Please put 360 degrees worth of cameras on your bike for next time slowblack, thanks.
lol, thanks bro, i think ill do that, mount one on the tail, so you can see the front and that back...were we really making that large of a gap in group c???
Old 01-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #707
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowblack05 View Post
lol, thanks bro, i think ill do that, mount one on the tail, so you can see the front and that back...were we really making that large of a gap in group c???
They were letting us. 2 in particular, could have been right there, they were chillin. Trust me, they could have been there had they wanted too. Well, maybe not the 636 because of the lack of displacement, but the ZX10R could have. , the dude on the 636 was the best rider out there Sunday. IMO
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #708
slowblack05
please

Quote:
They were letting us. 2 in particular, could have been right there, they were chillin. Trust me, they could have been there had they wanted too. Well, maybe not the 636 because of the lack of displacement, but the ZX10R could have. , the dude on the 636 was the best rider out there Sunday. IMO
i can agree, mostly on the track at this point though, i dont think he applies it to the street anymore
Old 01-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #709
mattj0206

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
02 R1

hey jetkillr i was the gut that was behind you most the day on the black gsxr i was gonna ask you are those the ebay fairings on your bike
mattj0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #710
1slocbr
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
junk grand
junk 6

User is banned

1slocbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #711
slowblack05
please

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slocbr View Post
hey is your bodywork painted white or is it still in primer?
on the racebike?

its painted white now, not very good but its decent, im thinking of switching to 08 r6 so i havn't decided on going with another paint job before the season

14b47s
Old 01-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #712
1slocbr
Banned

Bike(s):
junk grand
junk 6

User is banned

Old 01-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #713
slowblack05
please

thanks bro

yuup same reason im thinking of ditching mine, i had come so close to ordering the yoyodyne but didn't pull the trigger because i wanted to be completely sure i was gonna like the bike overall

i might try a few more trackdays out and a couple races before i decide on what i really want to do.

besides the new r6's RIP, they are the jack of all trades
Old 01-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #714
1slocbr
Banned

Bike(s):
junk grand
junk 6

User is banned

Old 01-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #715
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Where are all the pics at....wanna see if I had NHO in any of those pics
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #716
smokinjoe
Señor Membero

Bike(s):
Honor Cycle 5000
╯°□°)╯┻━┻

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to smokinjoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
Where are all the pics at....wanna see if I had NHO in any of those pics
here's some pix that cali took: http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=76049
Old 01-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #717
99 Chris
Banned

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000

User is banned

99 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #718
maxgs

Member Garage

He was giving y'all a head start. ba ha ha ha.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #719
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one concerned with getting hurt on some of these rides. And I don't even ride nearly as fast as some of you guys. With a wife and two kids I hold back a lot. I couldn't imagine their grief if they lost me. I like to ride fast but only if I'm feeling confident about it that day, and even then I worry. I've already been in one bad off where I broke seven bones in my foot and ankle. I don't want to have to go through that again.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #720
maxgs

Member Garage

I think about it every time I swing a leg over the bike. 'tis a dangerous hobby we all have.

Advertisement