MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 01:49 AM   #681
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
chill. it's the right thing to do.
Id like to hear him explain this one.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
7/2/14 SHNF ride Zrx jet's 1st ride in the forest Buelligan Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 07-03-2014 10:03 AM
N 1st N00b Ride for Feb. A Looong ride through the Country and The Forest Sat 2/22/2014 Blamdiggity Events, Meets and Rides 170 02-25-2014 08:48 PM
Forest Ride Ride-HalFFast Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-01-2012 11:03 AM
Secret Forest Ride Saturday Dec 11 KSU 945-Moderate Ride Starting in Katy Rykoson Events, Meets and Rides 32 12-12-2010 03:05 AM
BDAY Forest Ride 8/29/2009 w/the Forest Gnomes!!! hybrid_crx Events, Meets and Rides 62 08-30-2009 03:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2009, 01:51 AM   #682
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Id like to hear him explain this one.
Ha ha ha ha. Hopefully he's not naive enough to step into that trap.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:52 AM   #683
99 Chris
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000

User is banned

99 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:54 AM   #684
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Chris View Post
I agree, Karma is a !!!

BUT.. NOT in this situation!!! I totally understand why the vids don't make it on the board!! It's just as easy to go to YouTube and watch them there. Thanks Chris!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:57 AM   #685
spring r1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

i wasn't talking about the vids......
Old 01-05-2009, 02:44 AM   #686
slowblack05
please

Feedback Rating: (1)

chris did the right thing for the youngins of the community that are just learning, they should not be exposed to such things yet lol

as for room for improvement curt, oh yes, i know, it was damp and freezing, trust me, i almost hit brandt becasue he was braking hard as LMAO

next time jump off the noob ride through 3090 and come play

anyone that wants to see the vids can easily go to youtube, for those that follow what i do from there, i am not responsible, i should make a disclaimer for my vids (kids, do not try this at home) lol

thanks for the compliments guys, i will look forward to the new season open so i can hit the track much more and do less street work, but for now its off season and i gotta stay in the groove.

take care guys, see you all out soon.

curt start planning another ride asap
Old 01-05-2009, 02:46 AM   #687
slowblack05
please

Quote:
Great videos, SloBlack... but, I'll still try you. I see weaknesses to exploit. Bring it. Woo hoo! BTW, get your freakin speedo fixed. The noobs actually think you are going that fast.
oh its been fixed , i shoulda just put tape over that bad boy so no one could see
Old 01-05-2009, 06:44 AM   #688
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

what did I miss?
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #689
Echo4Hotel

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
03 R6

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Echo4Hotel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
what did I miss?
After meeting slowblack05 yesterday and just hearing how he likes to talk friendly to you, I expect the response will be "you getting passed".

Good videos, good riding both of you. I kept wanting to grab the screen and flip it 180 degrees to see the guys behind you. Please put 360 degrees worth of cameras on your bike for next time slowblack, thanks.
Echo4Hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #690
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Chris View Post
Man, I thought that was you!! Didn't quite recognize you in your lil getup!!!
didn't even see ya, but then again we've only met once. I was looking for familiar faces, but only saw a couple. Looked like a nice turnout. As soon as I got up to Huntsville the cold front blew in...literally 10 degree drop in 30 seconds. I thought to myself, "a few of those guys are gonna be freezing". I was right
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #691
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowblack05 View Post
chris did the right thing for the youngins of the community that are just learning, they should not be exposed to such things yet lol

as for room for improvement curt, oh yes, i know, it was damp and freezing, trust me, i almost hit brandt becasue he was braking hard as LMAO

next time jump off the noob ride through 3090 and come play

anyone that wants to see the vids can easily go to youtube, for those that follow what i do from there, i am not responsible, i should make a disclaimer for my vids (kids, do not try this at home) lol

thanks for the compliments guys, i will look forward to the new season open so i can hit the track much more and do less street work, but for now its off season and i gotta stay in the groove.

take care guys, see you all out soon.

curt start planning another ride asap
We need to move this activity and trash talking to the track. It's a dice roll every time on the street. Nobody can stay lucky forever. And, SlowBlack, you need to be racing... go tear some guys up in CMRA! woo hoo!!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #692
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
We need to move this activity and trash talking to the track. It's a dice roll every time on the street. Nobody can stay lucky forever. And, SlowBlack, you need to be racing... go tear some guys up in CMRA! woo hoo!!

I dig.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #693
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post

I dig.
Did you see the thread regarding the guy who had the blowout from the bolt he hit on the rode?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #694
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Did you see the thread regarding the guy who had the blowout from the bolt he hit on the rode?
nope....link please. This happened on yesterday's ride?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:28 AM   #695
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
nope....link please. This happened on yesterday's ride?
The blowout was not on the 1/4 ride. Hughes40 had it... http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...hlight=blowout
Old 01-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #696
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
chris your all about the fff crew.
bigpat728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #697
bigpat728
fastest Flip on MH

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ninja 250

Send a message via AIM to bigpat728
maxgs knows about the fff crew cdill and i made him a member
Old 01-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #698
maxgs

Member Garage

For all the cameras I saw yesterday, there don't seem to be a lot of pictures. the weatherman.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #699
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

So Slowblack and I spoke, at length, after the ride, in my driveway. I expressed to him, that my desire to ride crazy, 610 in particular, is slowly passing. I just know that it is messed up that I thank Jesus when I get home because I am genuinely thankful that I survived a ride. Not unusual to thank HIM after riding, but when I am thanking him that I LIVED, something is wrong.

I expressed to a couple of people that I am about through with that ride. I love PP1 and will continue to visit regularly, but I may be retiring from that "route." And when I say "route" I am talkin some insane . Not triple digits, but DEEP DEEP triples.

I dont get these same feelings on the backroads. I think it is because I have ridden these same roads hundreds of times. When people look at the video, it appears crazier than it actually is, IMO.

Nevertheless, I have proven whatever it is that we try to prove. The days of the craziness are nearing their end. I am thankful to have survived this long. I will still ride spirited, but there is a difference, in my opinion, between what some call spirited and what I have called it.

I dunno...maybe I am just being emo today. Of course, I have thought this way before, then Hooligan taps his tail piece as I LET him pass, and it's out again.

Anyway, just rambling about what has been on my mind lately.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #700
smokinjoe
Señor Membero

Bike(s):
Honor Cycle 5000
╯°□°)╯┻━┻

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to smokinjoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
So Slowblack and I spoke, at length, after the ride, in my driveway. I expressed to him, that my desire to ride crazy, 610 in particular, is slowly passing. I just know that it is messed up that I thank Jesus when I get home because I am genuinely thankful that I survived a ride. Not unusual to thank HIM after riding, but when I am thanking him that I LIVED, something is wrong.

I expressed to a couple of people that I am about through with that ride. I love PP1 and will continue to visit regularly, but I may be retiring from that "route." And when I say "route" I am talkin some insane . Not triple digits, but DEEP DEEP triples.

I dont get these same feelings on the backroads. I think it is because I have ridden these same roads hundreds of times. When people look at the video, it appears crazier than it actually is, IMO.

Nevertheless, I have proven whatever it is that we try to prove. The days of the craziness are nearing their end. I am thankful to have survived this long. I will still ride spirited, but there is a difference, in my opinion, between what some call spirited and what I have called it.

I dunno...maybe I am just being emo today. Of course, I have thought this way before, then Hooligan taps his tail piece as I LET him pass, and it's out again.

Anyway, just rambling about what has been on my mind lately.
sounds like you could be coming down off of an extreme adrenaline rush,,,, lol kidding mang,, i'm glad you made this decision cause we like having u around homey

Advertisement