MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
bdubb

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1961 Mustang Thoroughbred
'06 CBR1000RR (SOLD)

Member Garage

Isle of Man

Has anyone been to watch the racing?

I was looking at some videos this evening and trying to see how it would be to actually be there to spectate. The videos are always good, but not sure it would be worth the trip to go other than saying I have been.

Just curious what some of you thought who have been there to see the races.

I found out a close friend of mine has family there in IOM and I might be able to get some good/cheap lodging so it would just come down to some flights and extra cash for misc. spending and train fees.
bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Isle of Man... who's going? JoeRocket General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 04-23-2015 03:30 PM
Isle of man documentary Chris_5.0 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 01-14-2013 06:52 PM
Isle of Man 2012 CBR_TRAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 08-17-2012 12:10 PM
Isle of Man Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 08-02-2012 01:20 PM
Isle of Man Shinobi General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 01-05-2006 09:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubb View Post
Has anyone been to watch the racing?

I was looking at some videos this evening and trying to see how it would be to actually be there to spectate. The videos are always good, but not sure it would be worth the trip to go other than saying I have been.

Just curious what some of you thought who have been there to see the races.

I found out a close friend of mine has family there in IOM and I might be able to get some good/cheap lodging so it would just come down to some flights and extra cash for misc. spending and train fees.
PLUS U would have to rent/borrow a bike to ride the mountain, would love to go sometime, I hear its a life changing experience
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Man if you could hook up with your friends family I would say go for it. I would make sure that I bought my tickets way in advance. All the flights and boats into that place are packed from what I've read. Best of luck. I would love to go to that at least once in this lifetime.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:37 AM   #4
07SLVRCBR
October '08 BOTM

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR1000RR

IMO that would be better than a GP/WSBK/etc race. Not sure why, just something about it.

Do it, Brad. Take hella pics!!

See ya @ the track!
07SLVRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
tarosean

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubb View Post
The videos are always good, but not sure it would be worth the trip to go other than saying I have been.

Isn't that true for anywhere/anything in the world????

Never been but that is at the top of my "Bucket List".. Its one of the most historical races in the History of Motorcycles.
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement