MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2005, 08:15 AM   #21
3D02

Feedback Rating: (0)

I like the look of the DRZ and it would be my first choice.
At times I've thought about going dual-sport because I would like to go offroad when I'm in Arizona and Utah during the summer. I've read nothing but good things about the KLX but it looks dated. I don't think you could go wrong with any of Japanese brands for they have been on the market for years and relatively easy to work on.
3D02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my first dirtbike/ dual sport loosenoose Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 61 09-19-2011 01:39 AM
Dual Sport helmets logan5 Gear Talk 6 03-31-2010 01:56 AM
XRs / Dual-Sport Navajib Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 14 02-20-2010 02:44 PM
Dual Sport Trade TomballD General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 12-21-2009 11:29 AM
Need Some Dual Sport Tires... Drumboy General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 10-31-2007 01:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2005, 10:06 AM   #22
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

The DRZ E model comes with DOT approved knobby tires Jake, and that 400cc motor is bulletproof as well. Good call 3D02! IMO the bike is a little underpowered, but there are hundreds of aftermarket parts for the zook as well. This is the same 400cc liquid cooled motor that Doug Gust ran in his championship winning quad this year(although his was bored to 450 with a yoshimura kit), and the Honda and yammy 450's just couldn't beat him. Suzuki has a lot of faith in this motor to put it into a production motard bike IMO. You could also build a motard!? A yamaha WR450 would handle the abuse as well as a Honda 450X, but then your maintenance intervals grow exponentially!
jetcycles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:11 PM   #23
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Jake, did you change your mind already?
Old 12-27-2005, 08:20 PM   #24
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Karl, when are you going out to Arizona in 2006? I'm planning on a late spring early summer ride out there. I think I'm going to ride all the way, might trailor the bike but I'm leaning towards riding there right now. I'd like to have a BMW GS by then... but if not, I'll stick to the tarmac with the F4i.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:32 PM   #25
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles
Jake, did you change your mind already?
No i havent changed my mind just doing some reserch and havent been on i work 11 hours a day...

Ya after some reserch i like the 650 the most but i really like that drz i just wish it was a little more road worthy.

What are some sites i could look at that have performance for the 650 and drz like internal motor mods,cams,exst, dyno graphs.

Thankx alot for all your help man your probbly the best new member since i joined lol....

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:40 PM   #26
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

not sure of any specific sights, but i HIGHLY suggest you join up at supermotojunkie.com and read around there. That sight is all about motards, and there is a ton of stuff you can learn just by reading, not to mention pics of some kick motards. BTW, the XR wins the baja1000 bike class every year, so you know it will go miles and miles at high speeds without reliability issues. Aslo, I'm in clear lake for the week, so if you want to go ride thursday or friday, let me know. I hope the weather holds up.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:42 PM   #27
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Pm me your number agian....I get home at 6;30 everyday and im normally pretty damned tired plus im waiting on new tiers i havent had time to go get them. As of right now my bike is pretty much unridable i destryed my front tire the other day and the back is not so hot either...but we could meet up...

!!If it aint its !!
Old 12-27-2005, 08:58 PM   #28
3D02

Quote:
Karl, when are you going out to Arizona in 2006? I'm planning on a late spring early summer ride out there. I think I'm going to ride all the way, might trailor the bike but I'm leaning towards riding there right now. I'd like to have a BMW GS by then... but if not, I'll stick to the tarmac with the F4i.
Early March for sure. Have a wedding to attend in Panguitch, UT. I have not decided if I will drive then or not. Most likely not. My plan is to make another trip in June or July and trailer the bike up again making stops in Holbrook, Flagstaff, then back up to Panguitch.
I understand you wanting to ride but I also think you are loco. The range on your bike would make me a little hesitant (correct me if I'm wrong). I would also push your trip to early summer, i.e., June. The weather in May is still erratic. The wind is especially brutal
If we head out west at the same time maybe I can be your chase vehicle. :icon_smil If not, you are more than welcome to use my trailer. I have straps (regular and Canyon Dancer) and I've set the trailer up to haul a bike. Much easier than putting it in the back of my truck.

We'll talk more as it gets closer to that time.

Karl
3D02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:02 PM   #29
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

yall could at least say thread jack lol....

!!If it aint its !!

Advertisement