MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #41
BKLYNBULLET
OFF!

Feedback Rating: (0)

why you always gotts dissagree with me john? and WHERES MY CONTRACT?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bayliss: Yes to V8s, no to Rossi Grinchy Taking it to the Track 1 02-19-2009 11:41 AM
Bombshell - Rossi Challenges Bayliss Steve O Chap Taking it to the Track 22 12-04-2008 11:12 AM
edwards vs bayliss SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 6 02-27-2007 10:09 PM
Bayliss Art jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 02-01-2007 05:12 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #42
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNBULLET View Post
why you always gotts dissagree with me john? and WHERES MY CONTRACT?
SEND ME A EMAIL!
sales@scracecenter.com
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #43
kingralphthe3rd
larry's fan club manager

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 1K (SOLD!!) 08 GSXR 750 & 07 DIZZER 400, 09 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
Hot !

I got $20 on Bayliss.

Who wants some?
i want some
Old 12-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #44
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Got you down.

-SBK Bandido
-Grinchy
-KingRalphthe3rd
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #45
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawi jm View Post
If it has 2 wheels, I'm going with Rossi. Remember Rossi has ridden production bikes before. FIM World Endurance, granted it has not ridden one in a while, but look how fast Biaggi was when he swapped over to the Suzuki squad. Rossi is way a way better rider than Biaggi IMHO. So I'm saying give Rossi a day maybe two on the track and he is there.

Although i agree that Rossi is a better rider than Baylisstic the way things are as of now Bayliss will take it.

Lots of seat time on the duc (will unleash the beast, will not sandbag like the whole season so they don't get penalized lol)
PIRELLI tires
Nothing to loose since he is retired and he always pushes to the limit
Rossi is not affraid to dice it up with them SBK boys but Bayliss is no stoner to get muscle out (not sure if that is a compound word), Bayliss will muscle down Rossi

Now, give Rossi some seat time and he will take Bayliss but I don't think is going to happen. Dorna will die if Rossi is beaten by SBK.

BUT BRING IT, I AM SURE I WILL BE ROOTING FOR SUPER BAYLISSTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KING OF WSBK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nurse in motogp

Last edited by alrova; 12-18-2008 at 12:09 PM.
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #46
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
valentino rossi yamaha contract 20083bayliss m m
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #47
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Experience: 8 years

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC
I'm bored at work...........

I think the biggest factor in this "showdown" will be where Rossi qualifies.

Rossi isn't exactly the strongest qualifier around, but his consistant race pace and ungodly abilities to pass and hold people off puts him in his own class when the green flag drops.....to which we all can agree.

But if Bayliss finds himself where he usually does, pole position on the grid, and Rossi is on the 3rd or 4th row..........then I'm not so sure this would be much of a race.

Bayliss is notorious for getting away from the pack very quickly and throwing down a whopping gap in the first few laps. Rossi always comes on strong at about the half way mark, and we've all seen what Bayliss can do with "cooked" tires.

To my point though.......if Rossi wants to catch a more than likely Bayliss sitting on pole position........Valentino is going to have to qualify somewhere on the first or second row.

There is NO time to waste trying to get around 5+ potentially slower riders, when you have to chase down Troy Bayliss, especially when you're on different tires and a different bike and a track that you haven't had the best of luck on.

If Rossi finds himself on the first 2 rows........then it's going to be one of a race(s).

Last edited by RoadracerNC; 12-18-2008 at 12:25 PM.
RoadracerNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #48
castrolr1
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
R1 followed me home

I don't think this will ever happen. Will yamaha risk a world championship to let their star of star take a chance and get hurt in a WBK race.. doubt it
castrolr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #49
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Experience: 8 years

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by castrolr1 View Post
I don't think this will ever happen. Will yamaha risk a world championship to let their star of star take a chance and get hurt in a WBK race.. doubt it
Or will they use this race as a PR opprotunity? Hmmm......

Think of it. Two of the greatest racers of our time, battling for just bragging rights and showmanship. Yamaha v Ducati.........

Something tells me that Yamaha wouldn't have a problem with it. Although, I'm sure someone will whisper in Rossi's ear and tell him........."seriously bro, don't fvcking crash".

This would be another great opprotunity for both Yamaha and Ducati to market their brand.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #50
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
Although i agree that Rossi is a better rider than Baylisstic the way things are as of now Bayliss will take it.

Lots of seat time on the duc (will unleash the beast, will not sandbag like the whole season so they don't get penalized lol)
PIRELLI tires
Nothing to loose since he is retired and he always pushes to the limit
Rossi is not affraid to dice it up with them SBK boys but Bayliss is no stoner to get muscle out (not sure if that is a compound word), Bayliss will muscle down Rossi

Now, give Rossi some seat time and he will take Bayliss but I don't think is going to happen. Dorna will die if Rossi is beaten by SBK.

BUT BRING IT, I AM SURE I WILL BE ROOTING FOR SUPER BAYLISSTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KING OF WSBK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nurse in motogp
I fkn knew it
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #51
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by castrolr1 View Post
I have to agree but here's hoping
Old 12-18-2008, 05:50 PM   #52
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadracerNC View Post
Or will they use this race as a PR opprotunity? Hmmm......

Think of it. Two of the greatest racers of our time, battling for just bragging rights and showmanship. Yamaha v Ducati.........

Something tells me that Yamaha wouldn't have a problem with it. Although, I'm sure someone will whisper in Rossi's ear and tell him........."seriously bro, don't fvcking crash".

This would be another great opprotunity for both Yamaha and Ducati to market their brand.:thumb:
more so than being the bikes to beat in MotoGP, you could be right
Old 12-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #53
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
You guys have to realize that both Ducati and Yamaha will bend over back wards to put a 3rd bike on the row for both PR and to honor their two riders that have really shaped their bikes, sales, company's image over the past 5-8 years.

On Troy Bayliss -
You have to keep in mind that Bayliss is not very old, or out of shape. His reason for retirement had nothing to do with age or fitness. But rather his choice. If you follow his videos and life story, he's VERY big on family. He has his own family and I'm sure they were a great impact on the final decision of his retirement (as many of our club's racers do every year as well). So I don't really think he'd come for one race and give it his 110% like he's used to. He's proved to Ducati, his team, his fans and the world that he can ride. THEN he retired. I don't think he'll come back for ONE race and be the same - unforunately EVER.

On Valentino Rossi -
This is Valentino Rossi "the great" we're talking about here. This is the same guy that has enough pull and influence to get TOP rides for Ferrari in F1 and also Subaru (this year FORD) in the World Rally series. Both of these brands are 4 Wheelers. So if he wants a ride for a 2 Wheeled organization, you can bet your he'll get it.

Now if he does get it - you have to keep in mind DORNA will be playing a big role in the fact that Rossi does do his job, which is to win. DORNA is the "biggest" series owner in the two wheeled sport. They will make sure that both Yamaha WSBK and Rossi get the "required" time and practice on the track and bike to be "competition worthy".

Rossi coming off of MotoGP bikes will have to do significantly less adjusting to do then Bayliss coming off of his farm house. He just has to worry about adjusting from Carbon Fiber brakes, 2020 on bike technology to a WSBK spec`ed R1. Rossi will do it all without even having his heart beat raise .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please keep in mind though that this is still motorcycle racing and many other things have to be factored in like rain, mechanical conditions, qualifying (I don't think this should be an issue with Rossi though), wrecks, pile ups, Pedrosas' cheap take outs (probably be done by Biaggi), tire issues, etc etc...

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:44 AM   #54
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Ducati Xerox team manager Davide Tardozzi claims Troy Bayliss is flattered to have been praised by MotoGP Champion Valentino Rossi, but insists he is not planning on participating in a much speculated head-to-head with him.

Speaking to Crash.net about the rumours of Rossi challenging Bayliss to a duel on Superbikes at Qatar, Tardozzi states that there has been no request to him about preparing a bike for the now retired WSBK Champion.

Reports in Europe claimed a deal had been done for Rossi and Bayliss to race one another at Losail after Bayliss won the Moto Sprint Rider of the Year award over Rossi.

Subsequently, Rossi's praise of Bayliss prompted him to state that he would enjoy challenging him on a Superbike, leading onto reports that a one-off appearance was being mooted.

Even so, regardless of whether this deal would come to fruition, Tardozzi insists it wouldn't happen in Qatar anyway because it would be logistically difficult for Ducati to prepare in time.

"This is something that Valentino said, but Troy was merely honoured, so I don't think it is possible to happen," he said. "If something like that happened then there are many things that would have to be decided first.

"Valentino would like to do it in Qatar, but for us this is not good. We don't want to do exactly what he will want to do, because it won't be possible.

"It is a nice thing though and Troy was very happy to be considered by Valentino as the top guy in Superbikes, so it pleases him that he said that. This is something Valentino wished to do, but while Troy was flattered, nothing has been discussed."
Old 12-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #55
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

I'd be shocked if

#1 Yamaha would let him do this at the beginning of the MotoGP season,

#2 Bridgestone would let Rossi ride Pirelli, and

#3 If he got ANY practice time on the R1 while trying to develop his MotoGP ride, again, at the beginning of the season (I think assuming that he will get practice time on the R1 outside of the normal race practice is plain silly).

I think this is all hype and trying to gain some press.

That's not saying I wouldn't love to watch it, or that I wouldn't love to personally see it happen... I just can't believe that with the above reasons that it would actually happen.

Here's to being hopeful though
Old 12-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #56
dankston
Mafia.com Motorsports

Bike(s):
(2) 2007 Yamaha R6's, 2001 Suzuki GSXR 750, 2005 Yamaha Zuma

Member Garage

From Road Racerx
A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned in this space that Rossi would like to face off against Troy Bayliss in a World Superbike race next year, a story that came out of the Italian press—starting with sports weekly Corriere dello Sport, and Dennis Noyes has a typically thorough analysis of it over on Speed. Some in the British press discounted the story as Italian hyperbole, prompting Italian website GP One to post the audio file of veteran Corriere reporter and race journalist Paolo Scalera talking with Rossi.

Indeed, the Doctor is pretty unequivocal in the interview, which covers a broad range of topics and is brilliantly conducted by the talented Scalera. In regards to a cameo in World Superbike, Rossi says, “If we could find the right occasion, and the right date, I’d even do a superbike race tomorrow. Portimao [2008] wasn’t a bad option, except that it was the week after Valencia, where we had come straight from Malaysia.”

Rossi has some experience on superbikes, having won the 2001 Suzuka 8 Hours with Colin Edwards.
Andrew Northcott photo
Rossi goes on: “I can tell you one thing: I don’t know when, but I’d like to do a superbike race sooner or later. I would be sorry not to have Bayliss there, because I would like to race him with a superbike. Actually, I hope that if I ask him nicely, he might do one race.”

One would naturally assume that this one race would be the WSBK opener in Phillip Island, but Rossi seems to prefer the second round in Qatar (perhaps to put a duel with the Aussie on neutral ground?). And as Motor Cycle News reports, Rossi did in fact ask Bayliss, though the reigning SBK champ isn’t outwardly enthusiastic about the concept: “For me right now I’ve stopped training and I’m happy with my plan to finish,” he told the British publication. “I’m feeling happy that the last time I rode I was world champion plus I won both races and beat all the other guys out there. For me to do it I’d need something like £1m [almost $1.5 million] and that’s not going to happen.”

Don’t be so sure, Troy. I was chatting about this with Noyes yesterday, and we agree that a Rossi-Bayliss “Duel in the Desert” (as Noyes has come to term it) could be a huge moneymaker, with a lot of different winners. Fans would eat it up, World Superbike would obviously benefit hugely, and Yamaha and Rossi would both look great if they did well (and would have a built-in excuse if they did poorly). In fact, about the only parties with something to lose would be Bayliss—who has a near-perfect legacy at the moment, including a MotoGP win at Valencia in 2006, when it was him making the crossover for the last 990cc race—and Dorna.
http://mafia.com

txyama
http://texas-yamaha.com

Risk more than others think is safe.
Care more than others think is wise.
Dream more than others think is practical.
Expect more than others think is possible.
dankston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #57
Mr Richards
Insert Clever Quote Here

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1 (Street)
2005 Yamaha R1 (Track)

Member Garage

I don't think this is going to happen.

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wsbk...say_never.html