Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2008, 04:42 PM   #61
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Reading like this makes me want to be become a lawyer. The intentions are good: get drunk drivers off the road, but the methodology just seems so wrong to me. I'm not comfortable with a templated, faxed, and quickly rubberstamped search warrant giving a police officer permission to invade my body either.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LSR No-Refusal Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 284 11-13-2014 04:40 PM
Lone Star Rally will be no refusal weekend LCLF Brain Events, Meets and Rides 27 11-02-2012 02:28 PM
Statewide No-Refusal Weekend‏ Stromtrooper Off Topic 26 07-02-2011 09:07 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #62
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Reading like this makes me want to be become a lawyer. The intentions are good: get drunk drivers off the road, but the methodology just seems so wrong to me. I'm not comfortable with a templated, faxed, and quickly rubberstamped search warrant giving a police officer permission to invade my body either.
I am currently discussing this with my lawyer. I am all for cleaning up the roads but, turning over the right to the state to invade my body with out my doctors permission or the doctor controlling the environment is horrifying to me. I also wonder what type of situations this lends for people who have physical and psychological issues with needles.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #63
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Bad thing about it, go to others states and it is worse. They have the right to take you down with no warrant and draw blood. It is called implied consent, just a matter of time till Texas does this I would bet on it.
OK is that way. Its ridiculous because you know the judge isn't taking any time to actually READ the warrant. only knows what he's giving the police permission to blood test for. I could envision a scenario where someone gets pulled over for DWI, has blood drawn, isn't drunk.......and then gets charged with possession of narcotics because he popped a loritab the day before. The judge didn't bother to check the warrant to make sure he was giving the police permission to ONLY check for alcohol.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 12-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #64
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

I take a blood thinner to prevent blood clots. they better have a badass DA if they think I'm going for that .

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #65
JBIRD5363

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 50
85 Honda atc 250 sx
95 dr 650

I agree with the idea just not the pushing for it I would gladly give blood but no breathanalyzer that t is a joke I have personaly taken one 2 hours after drinking one not 2 but one beer and it read .14 I don't think so jack two weeks later same machine I was into the tale end of a 12 pack and it read .06 it like a radar has to be calibrated but rarely are I don't trust them just for refrence I was 245 pounds when I had taken the test and I was not driving my cousin is a cop in the county where my ranch is he comes by while on patrol when we are thare curiosity got the best of us
JBIRD5363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #66
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

^^huh?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:41 PM   #67
Mr Richards
Insert Clever Quote Here

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1 (Street)
2005 Yamaha R1 (Track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIRD5363 View Post
I agree with the idea just not the pushing for it I would gladly give blood but no breathanalyzer that t is a joke I have personaly taken one 2 hours after drinking one not 2 but one beer and it read .14 I don't think so jack two weeks later same machine I was into the tale end of a 12 pack and it read .06 it like a radar has to be calibrated but rarely are I don't trust them just for refrence I was 245 pounds when I had taken the test and I was not driving my cousin is a cop in the county where my ranch is he comes by while on patrol when we are thare curiosity got the best of us
Sober up and repost this?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #68
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIRD5363 View Post

............ there. Borrow some of my periods, please.

CMRA #302
Old 12-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #69
Tumper
Hullo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

I think we all agree that Driving while Intoxicated is bad.

Having said that, tossing your "right to remain silent" out the window is another matter. I think this a politically motivated "gestapo-esque" tactic for someone looking to further thier political career, period.

Advertisement