MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #1
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

sync throttle bodies

How can you tell if your Throttle bodies need to be adusted or sync up iv'e heard of this but never had it done to my bike. What kind of performance gains can be expected?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Throttle body sync adapters jp129 General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 07-13-2014 04:44 PM
Anyone have a tb sync? alwaysanthony General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 08-13-2013 12:50 AM
35mm to 52mm throttle bodies on my flat twin. Gigolo Jason Performance and Modifications 3 09-18-2012 09:24 PM
Throttle miester throttle lock $40 jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 08-15-2012 04:51 AM
New Head installed. Hard backfire thru throttle bodies. Slowkat How To's and Q & A's 7 02-13-2008 08:08 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

ttt
Old 12-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
JRxGRUBZx

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

google ??
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Im at work with my laptop on my desk with MH open dont have time to play on google and besides I would rather get real opinions from track guys or price qoutes from shops on here.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Full throttle gains are zero, I think. It is more to be sure that at very slight throttle openings one cylinder doesn't pull harder than another. Off-synch leads to surging as one cylinder runs rich or lean as it gets more or less air, but the same fuel (in a FI bike). Small throttle input results in driveline or hesitation.

I have a four bar mercury gauge that allows you to gauge the relative vacuum. If one throttle body betterfly opens more than another it reads higher pressure, less opening, more pressure as the engine is sucking harder to pull air through.

It takes about an hour to do it, if you have the adapters for the intake boots and the right hoses.

Unless your bike hesitates or runs erratically at low speeds, to the point it bothers you, then you probably are still in synch.

(I am not a trained mechanic, so this is just my best recall of what I've heard in the past, and the solution to my own problems)
Old 12-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

I think jordos old bike must have had that problem im just experiencing alot of bogging problems bike almost wants to die when I give it gas under a load

Advertisement