Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2005, 10:09 AM   #1
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

click here only if you don't hate rap...

as a drummer for almost 15+ yrs i have just about every kind of imaginable style of music in my library of > 1200 cd's... not to mention the 80+ gb of mp3's i have...

anyway, one of the emerging types of rap that originated here in h-town just keeps on gaining popularity... keep hearing it more and more as i cruise around on my 750...

the style of rap is called "screwed and chopped"... it's the type where the audio is reeeeally slowed down and other audio tracks are mixed in... sounds WAY different... and while it's not what i mainly listen to, you can't deny there's some impressive mixes floatin around...

anyhoo... if you have NO idea what i'm talking about... i found a pretty good article here...

and if you're looking to check it out some more... i found a pretty good site here...

Code:
http://www.raphustle.com/datracker/
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
don't you hate it when.... witchdoctor575 Off Topic 43 03-03-2013 07:56 AM
Hate the dentist? Dont click flip326 Off Topic 14 02-25-2012 08:01 AM
Don't you hate it when... exlaverda General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 01-16-2011 04:47 PM
Don't you hate it when... vmaxgirl Off Topic 25 05-21-2009 01:02 PM
Click this link....I don't car who you are voting for.... dbuck Off Topic 5 09-08-2008 04:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2005, 10:29 AM   #2
nels

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

um.....I really like rap, but screwed is something I can't stand. I've heard that you can really appreciate the music if you're screwed yourself (high) lol, so that's outta the question for me. It's like they screw any and everything, the other day I heard on the radio a screwed version of Destiny's Child "Cater to you". I was like WTF! lol
nels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:52 AM   #3
CBR RN
An observer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
had an F4i

Can't stand screw...

What ever happened to these guys?
cap0018jf
Old 12-21-2005, 11:56 AM   #4
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):

omg... so you really think you have to be high then?... pls... you can't honestly believe that... but if you do - ok the hi thing is bs... pls don't perpetuate other people's stupidity...

read the article and you'll see that this has been going on since the early 90's... it started in a southside studio here in houston... which was my point...

houston has actually created a new genre of rap that is gaining in popularity... get it?... new orleans = jazz, seattle = grunge, london = house and now houston has somewhat of a claim to fame...

eh... i dunno... maybe i'm just looking at it from a musicians pov... i just thought it wasn't too bad that one little studio in south houston actually created a rap genre...

and while it's not what i typically listen too... you can't argue with increasing recording contracts & record sales...

but thanks for hating...
Old 12-21-2005, 11:56 AM   #5
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

man... i remember when me and my friends were makin screw cd's on our puters at home and slangin em in junior high school... bone thugs... B.I.G. like dat.... dis shitz been around for at least 7-8 years now here in houston
btw.. i dont even listen to it... it was just a phase

i wouldnt call it "emerging" by a long shot... everyone one used to listen to dat ... and alotta ppl still do

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1moto
as a drummer for almost 15+ yrs i have just about every kind of imaginable style of music in my library of > 1200 cd's... not to mention the 80+ gb of mp3's i have...

anyway, one of the emerging types of rap that originated here in h-town just keeps on gaining popularity... keep hearing it more and more as i cruise around on my 750...

the style of rap is called "screwed and chopped"... it's the type where the audio is reeeeally slowed down and other audio tracks are mixed in... sounds WAY different... and while it's not what i mainly listen to, you can't deny there's some impressive mixes floatin around...

anyhoo... if you have NO idea what i'm talking about... i found a pretty good article here...

and if you're looking to check it out some more... i found a pretty good site here...

Code:
http://www.raphustle.com/datracker/
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:06 PM   #6
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

i still bang screw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 12:08 PM   #7
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t
i wouldnt call it "emerging" by a long shot...
Dr. Dre would disagree that...

"Our sales [on screwed and chopped CDs] grow by the month. We can't keep anything in stock," says Danny Blaq, who runs Baylo Entertainment, a national hip-hop CD distributor. "Wisconsin, Seattle, Illinois, even international. We sell to a lot of guys in the military."
Old 12-21-2005, 12:17 PM   #8
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Bike(s):

Quote:
Dr. Dre would disagree that...

"Our sales [on screwed and chopped CDs] grow by the month. We can't keep anything in stock," says Danny Blaq, who runs Baylo Entertainment, a national hip-hop CD distributor. "Wisconsin, Seattle, Illinois, even international. We sell to a lot of guys in the military."

werd, when i joined the military in 2000 i showed everyone in my basic training, ait, and even at my home station what screw was. after that, everyone was hittin me up for cd's. my friend back at home couldn't send them to me fast enough to sell em. and they were just burned copies. i was pushing em for 20 bux each.

houston- my city my city, i'm screwed up.

Quote:
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
Old 12-21-2005, 12:23 PM   #9
nels

Bike(s):

Quote:
omg... so you really think you have to be high then?... pls... you can't honestly believe that... but if you do - ok the hi thing is bs... pls don't perpetuate other people's stupidity...

read the article and you'll see that this has been going on since the early 90's... it started in a southside studio here in houston... which was my point...

houston has actually created a new genre of rap that is gaining in popularity... get it?... new orleans = jazz, seattle = grunge, london = house and now houston has somewhat of a claim to fame...

eh... i dunno... maybe i'm just looking at it from a musicians pov... i just thought it wasn't too bad that one little studio in south houston actually created a rap genre...

and while it's not what i typically listen too... you can't argue with increasing recording contracts & record sales...

but thanks for hating...
no prob! maybe the title of the thread should've said "click here only if you don't hate screw"
I just personally don't like screw. Never bashed the fact that it started here and Houston is getting more and more on the map. Everyone (those that aren't from the South) is jumping on the Southern rap bandwagon.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:42 PM   #10
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by nels
maybe the title of the thread should've said "click here only if you don't hate screw"
werd... mybad...

meh... it's all good... :icon_bigg
Old 12-21-2005, 01:04 PM   #11
Lobo

Bike(s):
2002 R6
2007 R1
2007 R6
Custom

Send a message via AIM to Lobo Send a message via Yahoo to Lobo
Yes its "emerging" not the most popular of music, but then again Elvis wasn't widely accepted at first either. Being a Club DJ here in Houston for over 14 years, I too have learned to accept and listen to all sorts of music, but chopped and screwed is not my forte. Just someone who got ahold of Dbase or CoolEditPro and made a mistake and thought it was cool. While its an interesting form of "art" its not creative enough for my personal tastes.

But Henry it is catching on with todays youth more and more, and hasn't even begun to explode yet. I remember when I was graduating The Art Institute of Houston (music & video business) back in the 90's a student did something as a final project in the digital studio that resembled chopped and screwed everyone laughed at him and he changed his whole project up, and now look...

What society perceives one way today, may not always be the case tomorrow.

If your ever looking for something in particular get with me sometime I have thousands of 12", 3 160G drives full of mp3's and books and books of CD's.

http://www.myspace.com/hyperspeedr6
48c8a880
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:53 PM   #12
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

i still bang screwed and chopped music. i switched to cd from tape though

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 02:41 PM   #13
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

DJ Screw is dead.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:21 PM   #14
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
DJ Screw is dead.
I read that... what happened???... :dontknow:
Old 12-21-2005, 04:22 PM   #15
nels

Bike(s):

conspiracy theory.....he was drugged
Old 12-21-2005, 04:52 PM   #16
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
screwed and chopped music is the best, u aint a real houston boy if u dont like it
PETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:01 PM   #17
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Bike(s):

he was murderized by the nawf side

Quote:
Old 12-21-2005, 05:04 PM   #18
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku
yea.. slowdown music is tyte.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:22 PM   #19
EFmang
secret AGENT

Send a message via AIM to EFmang
screwston tx... is where im from.. screw till i die.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:03 AM   #20
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo
Yes its "emerging" not the most popular of music, but then again Elvis wasn't widely accepted at first either. Being a Club DJ here in Houston for over 14 years, I too have learned to accept and listen to all sorts of music, but chopped and screwed is not my forte. Just someone who got ahold of Dbase or CoolEditPro and made a mistake and thought it was cool. While its an interesting form of "art" its not creative enough for my personal tastes.

But Henry it is catching on with todays youth more and more, and hasn't even begun to explode yet. I remember when I was graduating The Art Institute of Houston (music & video business) back in the 90's a student did something as a final project in the digital studio that resembled chopped and screwed everyone laughed at him and he changed his whole project up, and now look...

What society perceives one way today, may not always be the case tomorrow.

If your ever looking for something in particular get with me sometime I have thousands of 12", 3 160G drives full of mp3's and books and books of CD's.

i must be wrong then.. i guess emerging means its old... and been around for a decade...
now all of a sudden the "old" people are realizing that us youngbucks been screwin, and choppin , and are like.. ahhh... i c an emerging trend
i remember the first time i heard dat ... was tupac screwed, i was in 6th grade in like '95-'96, and everyone was jammin dat shitz... when i went to florida for the summer in '98 ppl were jammin dat too!
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement