Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
zac5876
Focus

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 R6R

Anyone here have Bazzaz Z-AFM

Hey everyone, Bazzaz makes this system that plugs right into the stock harness, injector harness, and couple other things to optimize fuel management like the PCIII or something similar. But is allot more simple and because this unit plugs into and controls all eight injectors, it is supposedly better.

Anyway, they also make this unit that plugs into the aftermarket Bazzaz unit called Z-AFM Air Fuel Mapping Kit, that self maps while ridding. But, what allot of people do is borrow this part, just to get there little self tune and is somewhat unnecessary after.

So does anyone here have this product? Any input is appreciated.

(ECU unit http://www.motomummy.com/store/produ...8&cat=0&page=1)

(Z-AFM unit http://www.motomummy.com/store/produ...2&cat=0&page=1)
zac5876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chevy Mechanic - 2007 5.3 AFM Knowledge Rowdy76 Car Forum 8 02-09-2015 01:56 PM
AFM 2013 Banquet Solracer Taking it to the Track 1 09-30-2014 01:18 PM
Bazzaz Ducsmine Motorcycles Unlimited 5 04-28-2013 07:53 PM
in the market for a bazzaz? craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 11-23-2011 03:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

I think Tony = Houseofpain has one on his bike.
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
we have one on mancuso's endurance bike and it works perfectly. even has traction control
Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #4
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

my brother has one on his 07 GSXR w/the self tuning kit .Its great
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
I think MaxGs does, he has a radio shack in his undertail
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:35 AM   #6
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

JOEBUSA has it.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:49 AM   #7
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

It is not self tuning.The AFR kit logs your Air Fuel ratio and will show you a recommended map.It is very easy to use though.And no dyno time needed
mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #8
Got-Busa?

Thinking about getting one for LSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews View Post
It is not self tuning.The AFR kit logs your Air Fuel ratio and will show you a recommended map.It is very easy to use though.And no dyno time needed
Can you give more info on this...?

I've emailed them with several questions but haven't heard back yet.
Got-Busa? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:31 PM   #9
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews View Post
The term they use is Self Mapping. So it will create a map and you can then use. It's virtually the same thing.

Z-AFM Air Fuel Mapping Kit Option

The optional Z-AFM kit consists of an air fuel sensor and amplifier box that plugs into the any of the Z-Fi products, and allows for self-mapping of the motorcycle. Self-mapping means that as the user rides the bike, on the track or on a dynamometer, the Z-Fi automatically calculates the required fuel adjustment at each RPM and Throttle Position to reach the user selectable target air fuel ratio.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:35 PM   #10
JOEBUSA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'08 Busa 186 HP
'07 Raptor 700 (quad)
'09 CRF450R

Member Garage

i dont have the AFM kit yet, i have the Fi-Qs set up and need to add it on. So far NO complaints of the BAZZAZ
JOEBUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #11
JOEBUSA

Bike(s):
'08 Busa 186 HP
'07 Raptor 700 (quad)
'09 CRF450R

Member Garage

the only downfall of the Bazzazz is you cant upgrade from the FI (adding quickshift or traction control) You have to buy it together, which is pricy to do all at once, but i have no regrets spending the extra money upfront for the QS. Motomummy had some great prices!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #12
Got-Busa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
The term they use is Self Mapping. So it will create a map and you can then use. It's virtually the same thing.

Z-AFM Air Fuel Mapping Kit Option

The optional Z-AFM kit consists of an air fuel sensor and amplifier box that plugs into the any of the Z-Fi products, and allows for self-mapping of the motorcycle. Self-mapping means that as the user rides the bike, on the track or on a dynamometer, the Z-Fi automatically calculates the required fuel adjustment at each RPM and Throttle Position to reach the user selectable target air fuel ratio.
What features does the Z-Fi offer over basic fuel adjustments? Can you log/record the entire run for review and tuning later? Does it offer any type of manifold air pressure, cylinder head temperature, exhaust gas temperature, injector duty cycle, etc. recording or logging for later view???

For the quick shift function, is the kill ignition or fuel based? I want to make sure it's ignition based so I don't blow anything up running forced induction down the road.

As far as the AFM system, do I have to run the bike 100% through 6th gear to get the fuel mapping or can I input a 20% increase over stock for initial tuning/baseline (to keep from going lean) and then auto map from that? Will it allow the ECU to maintain the A/F ratio that I designate or do I have to apply changes from the initial run file and map every pass?
Got-Busa? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #13
JOEBUSA

Bike(s):
'08 Busa 186 HP
'07 Raptor 700 (quad)
'09 CRF450R

Member Garage

For the quick shift function, is the kill ignition or fuel based? I want to make sure it's ignition based so I don't blow anything up running forced induction down the road.

it is ignition kill
Old 01-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #14
agg2001
Agg Racing

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (track)

Send a message via AIM to agg2001 Send a message via MSN to agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to agg2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got-Busa? View Post
What features does the Z-Fi offer over basic fuel adjustments? Can you log/record the entire run for review and tuning later? Does it offer any type of manifold air pressure, cylinder head temperature, exhaust gas temperature, injector duty cycle, etc. recording or logging for later view???

As far as the AFM system, do I have to run the bike 100% through 6th gear to get the fuel mapping or can I input a 20% increase over stock for initial tuning/baseline (to keep from going lean) and then auto map from that? Will it allow the ECU to maintain the A/F ratio that I designate or do I have to apply changes from the initial run file and map every pass?
i know this thread is about 2 weeks old, but i noticed that no one answered your questions.

the "basic fuel" adjustments that the pc3 offers are limited b/c it only controls 4 injectors, where as the bazzaz controls all 8 (at least on an R6, it's how it works). yes, you can record MULTIPLE runs, up to 30 hours, i believe, of logging with the AFM kit. i'm not sure as to whether or not if offers additional tuning options (gas temps, pressures, duty cycles, etc.). i keep mine pretty "apply all" and it's good to go.

as for the quick-shift: from my understanding, it is an ignition-kill for a tiny fraction of a second.

once you start noticing your logs in the +/-5% range, your map is pretty close. 5% isnt' anything to remap over. as far as changing the AF ratio at higher RPMs.. yes, you can manually do this. once you set it up like that, it'll map based on your required AF ratio. and you dont' have to push the bike to the limits to get a map... in fact, too quick through the rpm ranges, and it'll discard the reading b/c it wasn't kept in that rpm range long enough for it to "feel comfortable" with suggesting a fuel change. you could go 40 mph top speed and do that for 10 minutes. when you're done, you'll have suggestions that go up to, probably, the 5-6k rpm range... and nothing will be logged after that.

it's a pretty slick setup. good luck man.

and zac... you're a .

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
agg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote