Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2005, 11:16 PM   #1
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
THANKS FROM MSR squared!!!

WOW!!! What a fantastic day. I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you who made it a success. You know who you are and I truly appreciate all the help. We only had one red flag all day and the novice group missed a whole session while the ambulance was on the track. Good news though, the rider rode home in his own car, and the novice grooup got the session back at the end of the day with a forty minute final session. Everyone got eight sessions!!! Imagine the summer when we can run til 8pm. The session schedule worked well, no one missed a session due to not hearing the calls, and you always knew when you were due on track.
Biggest bummer of the day was the muddy run offs. (note to self.... put allen wrench set on crash truck to remove fenders) Sticky gumbo mud so thick you couldn't roll them out, we drug 'em out!! Good part of that though is that it slows you down REALLY well. No run off injuries or downed bikes, that's pretty cool and worth the time at the pressure washer vs. you local parts supplier. (sorry Patrick) No one who ran off the track fell over, some fantastic saves considering the condtions, well done guys, well done.
I personally only rode the last session, but what a session it was. Haner had spent the day teaching on my bike so it got Haner-ized. It's scary/wicked cool, to watch a pro backin' it in, but when it's YOUR bike............ yeah nervous at least. But he did some great work with Jim Camborra from Raceworx through out the day and when I got on it ........ well "railed" would be a mild word. Dustin got to ride my other RR with fresh Raceworx suspension and I think he's in love now, I hear he wants to sell his litre bike.
Okay I know it's a long post, but I'm still high on the day............ once again thanks to all who came out, and THANKS (!!!!!) to all the guys who helped it work. More to come, I'll get the schedule posted as soon as it's final. Southside.............word!!

Last edited by Buck Beasley; 12-19-2005 at 11:22 PM.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thanks to all at MSR-H PoPoRiderRR Taking it to the Track 8 12-23-2007 11:42 PM
Squared Circle KTFO thread CaJuNsOuLjA Sports 31 12-20-2007 03:12 PM
where is MSR lilmckee General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 09-15-2007 11:09 PM
MSR wlgorman General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 05-21-2007 08:52 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2005, 11:26 PM   #2
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
Southside.............word!!

w3rd
Old 12-20-2005, 12:07 AM   #3
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Sounds like you guys had a blast. Glad the weather did'nt spoil all your fun. Can't wait to get out there and mix it up with you guys next year.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:49 AM   #4
AggieGixxer

Bike(s):
2002 GSX-R600

I went down there and watched my old roommate and a few of his friends, and the track looked great. The wall was a little scary, but that's something that will probably be addressed in the future. Hopefully they'll hold more out there during the summer and I can attend a couple of them.
AggieGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:58 AM   #5
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Just wanted to say thanks to Buck and all the guys at msr2
you guys did an amazing job. Quite honestly the most fun I've had in a long time. :notworthy I hope to see you guys again in the near future
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:47 PM   #6
goldenboy
ROGUE

Bike(s):
RC51

SOUTHSIIIIIIIIDE wall????? what wall?
goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:45 PM   #7
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Goldenboy... where you pitted next to Henry (fully faired SV), Brian (Telefonica 600RR) and Gianni (GSXR1000)? If so I was on the red/white F4i that was haning out with them... I just rode down to visit, didn't do the trackday.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:29 PM   #8
goldenboy
ROGUE

Bike(s):
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
Goldenboy... where you pitted next to Henry (fully faired SV), Brian (Telefonica 600RR) and Gianni (GSXR1000)? If so I was on the red/white F4i that was haning out with them... I just rode down to visit, didn't do the trackday.
yes sir, that was me!
goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote