Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
carlos flores
WE DONT DIE...WE MULTIPLY

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 gixxer sixxer

Talking po-pos

so a couple of buddies of mine went riding, and we went to a meet with trucks and cars....and this cop rolls up and comes out quick pulls his gun and points it at some guys on trucks and tells everybody to leave and i was like WTF is he serious .... and it was like 15 of us(on bikes) and the cop comes towards us and yells " do u think im playing and my friend yells ..uh yea" and points the gun at us and i was like WTF dude i was laughing.. he cant do that so we take off ....and went to another meet....

so CAN cops pull out a wepon on us just for chillin there we werent doin anything illegal...
carlos flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Close Encounter with the Po-Po Volfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-31-2012 02:51 PM
What is it about po-pos? Remcycle General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 10-01-2012 02:49 PM
papa johns for po-po's (no not our po-po) RACER X Off Topic 9 12-08-2009 06:55 PM
Trafic Po-Po Saturday Morning Echo4Hotel General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 12-13-2008 11:35 AM
5 oclock in da morning..po po what???? ratmzapa Off Topic 30 04-02-2006 05:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
evobusa7
<(<-_->)>

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 crf 50cc (88cc) stunt

Send a message via Yahoo to evobusa7
So what happen after u wet ur pants and broke down crying
evobusa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #3
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

more to the story than just that?

Its a tough life for us pimps.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:29 PM   #4
carlos flores

Bike(s):
06 gixxer sixxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by specterunseen View Post
more to the story than just that?

Its a tough life for us pimps.
true...there messing up our game
Old 12-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #5
carlos flores

Bike(s):
06 gixxer sixxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evobusa7 View Post
So what happen after u wet ur pants and broke down crying
i bet u would ...shoot i hold it down ...like james brown
Old 12-07-2008, 11:34 PM   #6
evobusa7
<(<-_->)>

Bike(s):
07 crf 50cc (88cc) stunt

Send a message via Yahoo to evobusa7
Naw I would just take a bullet u need a napkin big boy
evobusa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #7
shsu1k

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 750

well..ya should have left...next time reach in your jacket Really FAST and see what happens
shsu1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:43 PM   #8
carlos flores

Bike(s):
06 gixxer sixxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shsur6 View Post
well..ya should have left...next time reach in your jacket Really FAST and see what happens
lol ill try it next time
Old 12-07-2008, 11:44 PM   #9
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

cops have a use of force ladder that they are supposed to follow. first is verbal commands, then it goes to something like physical intervention, then you just keep taking it up a notch until you get to deadly force. this guy seems like he went straight to 4. were yall out there stunting or being threatening to people or some like that?
if there had been calls made on yall that people were being threatened or maybe just felt threatened, then i could see why a cop might arrive on scene all wired to go off.

with the story presented above, it would seem that the cop is in the wrong. not all viewpoints or facts are here though.
i am in law enforcement, but i dont side with cops 100% of the time just because i am in that field. there are good cops and bad cops. there are also experienced cops and total noobs who **** up a lot.
this sounds a bit like some noob
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:53 PM   #10
carlos flores

Bike(s):
06 gixxer sixxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
cops have a use of force ladder that they are supposed to follow. first is verbal commands, then it goes to something like physical intervention, then you just keep taking it up a notch until you get to deadly force. this guy seems like he went straight to 4. were yall out there stunting or being threatening to people or some like that?
if there had been calls made on yall that people were being threatened or maybe just felt threatened, then i could see why a cop might arrive on scene all wired to go off.

with the story presented above, it would seem that the cop is in the wrong. not all viewpoints or facts are here though.
i am in law enforcement, but i dont side with cops 100% of the time just because i am in that field. there are good cops and bad cops. there are also experienced cops and total noobs who **** up a lot.
yea dude he just came speeding and when came out he just took out his gun and said get the out of here...with his gun pointed.....i was like are u serious he can to that only if were a real threat..but we werent we were just chilling
Old 12-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #11
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

Sounds like something's missing. If that's the whole story, I'd have a lawyer on the phone before I made it out of the parking lot. I'm sure there's some way to file a report with internal affairs. Was this Houston?
miraculous dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #12
carlos flores

Bike(s):
06 gixxer sixxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraculous dan View Post
Sounds like something's missing. If that's the whole story, I'd have a lawyer on the phone before I made it out of the parking lot. I'm sure there's some way to file a report with internal affairs. Was this Houston?
yes south east houston behind almeda mall
Old 12-08-2008, 02:01 AM   #13
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

There is no telling why the officer did what he did. He could have got a call to the location about a group of bikers with guns. There is no telling...
Sounds to me though that it was a little excessive ...but then again I was not there at the time to able to say if the officer was wrong or right.
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:09 AM   #14
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post

Your refering to the force continium (sp?) not all departments follow this method. For example Hpd does not follow the force continium. The rule for us at Hpd is we use the force options rule. We use that amount of force reasonably necessary to effect arrest or compliance.
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:32 AM   #15
gsxr005
Rocky

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha YZF450 Dirtbike

Send a message via AIM to gsxr005 Send a message via Yahoo to gsxr005
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos flores View Post
this close to me!
I better watch out for him!
I got a little temperature on $h!T like this.
Especially right after getting back from a over sea deployment.

I ride because I want too, I ride because I need too, enough talk lets ride! Till our seats catches on fire! The faster the better! Ride it to your Limits. "I live my life quarter mile at a time and in those 10sec I'm free and nothing else matter" No BS, No hassle, No worries just me and my bike.
gsxr005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:50 AM   #16
JBIRD5363

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 50
85 Honda atc 250 sx
95 dr 650

They are on edge today a good friend of mine was killed this morning on tidwell he was doing a routine traffic stop dude had a warrant for murder had nothing to lose shot 4 times in the head rip tim a. sorry they got rowdy but the key to the story is he gave a lawful order and you did not obey that is y you got singled out not tryin to knock on you man but I can understand where the cop is coming from they are burying a brother and that's never easy also did they roll up on a guy to take him down or just roll up to disperse the crowd if the latter was the cause then he came out of the car loose cannon unless he felt threatened then ya he can pull his piece not trying to rant just lost a good friend today

Last edited by JBIRD5363; 12-08-2008 at 03:53 AM.
JBIRD5363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:07 AM   #17
J-Row
Gold Member®

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos flores View Post
HPD Southeast does not cover Almeda mall....it must have been a Clear Lake HPD unit. They have been getting alot of rookies.
PGR #121546
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:11 AM   #18
J-Row
Gold Member®

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr005 View Post
this close to me!
I better watch out for him!
I got a little temperature on !T like this.
Especially right after getting back from a over sea deployment.
Lame excuse u must be the only one that has been deployed over seas!!!
PGR #121546
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:08 AM   #19
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

you shoulda called him a and stood your ground. why take that if you're just gonna run off? go get'em tiger.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:51 AM   #20
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIRD5363 View Post
They are on edge today a good friend of mine was killed this morning on tidwell he was doing a routine traffic stop dude had a warrant for murder had nothing to lose shot 4 times in the head rip tim a. sorry they got rowdy but the key to the story is he gave a lawful order and you did not obey that is y you got singled out not tryin to knock on you man but I can understand where the cop is coming from they are burying a brother and that's never easy also did they roll up on a guy to take him down or just roll up to disperse the crowd if the latter was the cause then he came out of the car loose cannon unless he felt threatened then ya he can pull his piece not trying to rant just lost a good friend today
What happened yesterday was terrible and I hope the scumbag rots in a hole. But I am not sure that is an excuse for cops to be running around pulling guns on everyone. If they are that mentally unstable due to the trauma they need to take a leave of absence. I am not saying the cop in the OP story was right or wrong, cause I am not so sure that is all to the story, but I am simply saying by your reasoning I don't think that is an excuse. RIP to the officer and burn in to the cop killer.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement