MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #21
PB125

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

I agree with you, Pyro. However, Neither of us were there. An Officer does "have the right" if the suspect is resisting arrest and in turn assaulting the Officer trying to apprehend him. WAIT until this comes out. Most departments have in-car video/audio. It's a wonderful thing. Usually that brings the truth out.
But, who knows. The Cop may be just an and really was hated by his fellow Officers. Also, if they too are on the in-car video and he did do wrong, they can't deny knowlege of any wrong doing. So, naturally they would HAVE to speak against the Officer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
PB125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #22
Got-Busa?

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
poor poor biker, runnin XXXmph on public streets, where are his rights............
You don't know that or what speed he was even going. How many chases do you know that last 4-miles....???? , most law enforcement agencies require them to follow someone for X-amount of time before they even pull them over (unless it's a serious crime).

So they see the biker and turn around to follow him. The bike has gone a mile maybe two by then. They flip the lights on and he doesn't notice them behind him for a mile so that's three miles. By the time he goes from the fast lane over to the shoulder through traffic it's almost 4-miles. Doesn't sound to unreasonable to me....

If he was going 150+ it sure as would have taken them longer than 4-miles to even catch up to the guy....

I just think it's sad that you are ready to hang the guy with little to know proof on EITHER side except for the physical damage on the biker which sounds a little fishy. Then his brothers in arms turn the OFFICER in, must of been pretty bad if guys that put on the same uniform as him and cover his back are suddenly throwing him into the fire...

Don't even act like you've never gone above the speed limit in a car or on a bike. The same thing could have happened to you for going 5-miles over if the COP was enough....
Got-Busa? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #23
albertinhouston

Feedback Rating: (2)

Just for refference .... The other day I hit MYSELF with a metal hammer it was a good swing too. I ended with a lump about that size. yes, I know I'm dumb a$$ for that. I was building a fence, not just hitting myself for the heck of it.
albertinhouston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #24
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB125 View Post
I agree with you, Pyro. However, Neither of us were there. An Officer does "have the right" if the suspect is resisting arrest and in turn assaulting the Officer trying to apprehend him. WAIT until this comes out. Most departments have in-car video/audio. It's a wonderful thing. Usually that brings the truth out.
But, who knows. The Cop may be just an and really was hated by his fellow Officers. Also, if they too are on the in-car video and he did do wrong, they can't deny knowlege of any wrong doing. So, naturally they would HAVE to speak against the Officer.
Exactly my point. Couldn't agree more. I think that none of us can make a complete assumption about what happened til they actually release the findings of the investigation.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #25
ALEXD
HOUSTUNNAS

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05 R6
SOLD-00 GSXR 750 StreetFighter
SOLD- 99 GSXR 600
SOLD-01 YAMAHA R6
03 600 RR

good that pig gets what he deserves i hate cops that think they run the world behind there badge
ALEXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:30 PM   #26
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXD View Post
good that pig gets what he deserves i hate cops that think they run the world behind there badge
general assumptions ftl. i know plenty of wonderful officers who do a lot of good for their organization and community. The majority of cops are NOT bad people. But everyone is already so inclined to hate cops that every time there is a bad apple in the bunch people make out like all cops are like that.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #27
Redux

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
grasshopper

4 mile chase? Thats a chase? Thats how long it takes for me to find a safe exit when being pulled over.
Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #28
cory4408
Dangerously Slow

Experience: 10+ years

Cops hurt people.
cory4408 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement