Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #21
bbond919
06><R6

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
yzf-r6

i would have no doubt ordered it locally and in which Motorcycles Unlimited was the first place that i talked to about ordering . i wanted to purchase it on a credit card with a low apr so i could pay it off and build credit . my card wanted a 24% apr but if i transferred in a balance from another card then i would get a set apr of 4% until it is paid off in full. a friend who does not live in Houston agreed to let me use his card for a couple of days, and then i paid the balance with mine . otherwise it would have been purchased locally
bbond919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You know how I know we're ****ed? cashtown Off Topic 20 01-21-2010 06:56 PM
Ordered from KneeDraggers.com Pyrofallout Off Topic 25 05-20-2009 11:15 PM
most ****ed up thing bunxx Off Topic 72 04-17-2009 03:17 AM
That's F@!*#ed UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! FastLine Off Topic 20 09-15-2005 09:30 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #22
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADandTRACK View Post
Yea, but if you don't support the local shops they won't be here for long then your screwed. There are not many left that have people that really know much of anything.

On top of that, you send money out of state. That money sometimes doesn't come back. Thats a bigger deal that you think. We need to try to spend more locally and not always with the huge Corporations. It will keep everyone better off locally.
While I partially agree with you. This sounds like the Wal-Mart argument. Don't go to Wal-Mart, their prices are too cheap and they run all the little stores out of business. Personally, I think motorcycle shops, at least the good ones, will always be here, because not everyone can order parts off the net and do it themselves. But I am a price conscious consumer. If the seller is a reputable site such as KneeDraggers and their price on whatever item is significantly cheaper than the part is available locally and I don't even have to go drive somewhere to pick it up, I will order from them first.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #23
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
While I partially agree with you. This sounds like the Wal-Mart argument. Don't go to Wal-Mart, their prices are too cheap and they run all the little stores out of business. Personally, I think motorcycle shops, at least the good ones, will always be here, because not everyone can order parts off the net and do it themselves. But I am a price conscious consumer. If the seller is a reputable site such as KneeDraggers and their price on whatever item is significantly cheaper than the part is available locally and I don't even have to go drive somewhere to pick it up, I will order from them first.
Wal Mart has destroyed small, local businesses with cheap prices and crappy service. The Walmarts around me are horrible... dirty stores, litter all over the parking lots, cheap products made predominately overseas, censored music and uninformed staff. They are a plague.

The ONLY thing they offer is a wide variety of products and cheap prices.

-Curt
Old 12-03-2008, 08:57 PM   #24
you da man

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

I've probably ordered close to 10 times from Kneedraggers in the past 8 years and never had a mistake, wrong product/part, or more than one week in shipping to include exhaust systems. I'll continue to use them if needed.
you da man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #25
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
DO NOT BUY FROM MOTOSTRANO.COM!!!
++++++++++++1
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #26
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 8 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Only ordered from them once but I never had an issue and shipping was fast.
Same here, although my item was small it only took 3 days on standard shipping
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #27
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Wal Mart has destroyed small, local businesses with cheap prices and crappy service. The Walmarts around me are horrible... dirty stores, litter all over the parking lots, cheap products made predominately overseas, censored music and uninformed staff. They are a plague.

The ONLY thing they offer is a wide variety of products and cheap prices.

-Curt
This is fairly off topic, but they offer decent products at prices that most middle class citizens can reasonably afford. personally i shop there because is cheap, period. I can get most of my needs all in one stop. Not many times I really need "service" at walmart, not sure about most. They also employ a shitload of people that would otherwise be unemployed.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #28
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbond919 View Post
i would have no doubt ordered it locally and in which Motorcycles Unlimited was the first place that i talked to about ordering . i wanted to purchase it on a credit card with a low apr so i could pay it off and build credit . my card wanted a 24% apr but if i transferred in a balance from another card then i would get a set apr of 4% until it is paid off in full. a friend who does not live in Houston agreed to let me use his card for a couple of days, and then i paid the balance with mine . otherwise it would have been purchased locally
Holy are you kidding me!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #29
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

I don't go to walmart cuz I can't stand the chaos around that mo fo. The people that shop at wal mart by me suck . They can't even respectfully push a cart
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #30
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

shopping local FTW. see sig for the best motorcycle shop ever.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #31
ROADandTRACK

Bike(s):
Too many to list

Quote:
This is fairly off topic, but they offer decent products at prices that most middle class citizens can reasonably afford. personally i shop there because is cheap, period. I can get most of my needs all in one stop. Not many times I really need "service" at walmart, not sure about most. They also employ a shitload of people that would otherwise be unemployed.
Actually your locale would be better off if you still had all the mom and pops.
They would employ as many folks or more.

You've got to keep money LOCAL!!! IMHO
Old 12-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #32
bbond919
06><R6

Bike(s):
yzf-r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
Holy are you kidding me!
what???
bbond919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:54 PM   #33
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

now that i have read the other posts.

i dont dog people for not wanting to shop at Motorcycles Unlimited. but i will dog them when they shop at another place and gripe about it. everyone knows where to go if you dont want to deal with stuff like this.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:54 PM   #34
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Quote:
what???
There is just no motorcycle part important enough for me to go through all of that to buy. It just seems to me it would make a lot more sense to just save up what ever the amount is that you would eventually pay the credit card company and then buy the part. Then you would also save the 4-20%.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #35
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

I bought my one piece leathers from them as well as a few other items. Never had a problem.

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:21 AM   #36
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
There is just no motorcycle part important enough for me to go through all of that to buy. It just seems to me it would make a lot more sense to just save up what ever the amount is that you would eventually pay the credit card company and then buy the part. Then you would also save the 4-20%.
When you have debt like I have debt, each purchase is an exercise in bleeding the least. Good move on his part to swap balances and get an almost interest free rate. If I liquidate assets to make purchases I am stuck with taxable impacts, early withdrawl penalties, sales commissions, selling at a loss, selling at a gain, etc... I am always hitting up friends for small loans to cover cash flow concerns when it comes to motorcycles. Sadly, even at my age and net worth I am digging thru the proverbial sofa for loose change. Not everyone can save to buy stuff. More commonly we're saving by paying old debts off.

Once, I borrowed $50k+ to pay one loan, so I could liquidate securities with an outstanding loan against them, just to re-invest in the exact same stocks and take the exact same $50k loan against them, getting me right back to where I started, all in the name of using Hurricane Rita tax benefits to save my in taking IRA distributions to buy a house. This one crafty move saved me $28k in taxes to uncle sam that I would have had to pay to get $30k in interest savings versus using a credit card over a 3 year time period. It also allowed me to keep my wife happy by doing an entire house renovation all at once, not over 3 years of scraping for cash. Nothing dishonest, just using the rules and system to OUR advantage.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #37
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by duggy View Post
I just bought from sportbiketrackgear.com today. Guy shipped it out within ten minutes of me ordering it.
Yes I have ordered parts from them and there pretty consistant and I had no problem with them yet.

DO NOT BUY FROM MOTOSTRANO.COM!
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #38
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Once the Republic of Texas secedes from the Obamanation, how will that affect mail order costs?
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #39
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post

DO NOT BUY FROM MOTOSTRANO.COM!

I ordered a few things with good results, what happened?
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #40
ThomAss
I like to ride

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
shopping local FTW. see sig for the best motorcycle shop ever.
Are they a sponsor of yours??
ThomAss is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement