MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

got a new nasty weather shell. should be nice

i found it at target- it's like 35 bucks and is a polyester outside like nylon and the inside is also polyester, but more like fleece. they have a bright orange color, navy blue, bright blue, and black
i had the orange, but at the last minute decided to get the navy so that i could wear it at work if i get cold.
it should be a nice jacket for weather. i'll let yall know
http://www.target.com/Champion-Hoode...5-%2449&page=1

this is it, looks like a badass outer jacket to wear outside of riding gear. i had been thinking about getting a very similar icon rain jacket, but this is like $70 less
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nice riding weather tonight gots2no General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-13-2012 01:14 AM
Office is dead...weather is nice. dbuck Off Topic 6 11-06-2009 02:45 PM
Nice Weather C.Hern5972 General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 10-02-2009 05:57 PM
ridin in the nice weather today klassik Stunters Lounge 25 02-03-2009 10:46 PM
since we have this nice cold weather..... paniro187 Off Topic 21 12-09-2006 12:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

that does not look like its made to be worn wile riding 50mph in rain, you could of gotten some rain gear from cyclegear for about the same price thats made to fit over your riding gear
Old 12-03-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
v4lu3s

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

let us now how it works.
i bought Frog Toggs recently though i have not worn them yet. http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/RoadToads.htm is the ones i THINK.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #4
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

i have been using a similar jacket that is a bit puffier- i wore it on the noob forest ride, over my a* sniper.
the one i have been using gave me no problems at all on that ride or any others i have used it on. it keeps my upper body toasty and dry.

i have considered frogg toggs, and will probably get a pair around the new year... or next time i go to cycle gear
Old 12-06-2008, 01:18 AM   #5
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

i rode in freezing weather for my morning commute- real 32 degree weather.
it sucked. the glove liners i got at academy forced me to seek refuge in a kroger and be late for work, but my body was pretty decently warm! i have 2 complaints with the jacket so far. the hood would really benefit from having a poich to tuck into, and the sleeves could stand to be longer. really i just need some winter gauntlets, but really, this jacket is a pretty badass little weather shell. its a lot like icon's nasty weather shell, from what i am able to determine, the only real difference is the price.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #6
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I got these at CycleGear for $40. They are really warm and comfy, they have like 4 or 5 layers but aren't too puffy at all. It takes a bit to get used to shifting at first, but after a couple of rides no probs!
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...CGC_AS35-7-S_G

When I first started out, I bought some "non" cycle gear thinking it would be the same. It is not. The gear made for cycles is really better thought out. Jackets usually have wider shoulders and longer sleeves for the reach. Also, a jacket that has cuffs that "strap" or velcro closed will keep the cold air from getting in and puffing up your jacket during the ride.

I have some leather jackets from old that work well in cooler days, but def need a cycle jacket for those cold or wet days.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement