MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #41
Stacy
One day at a time!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
WTF...Stacy is up at 9:08am! or have you not been to bed yet?
Goodbye p.r papi Off Topic 107 03-20-2009 10:15 PM
goodbye...for now FastLife1K Off Topic 7 06-01-2008 12:10 PM
Thanks..and GOODBYE!!!! speedismo General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 11-16-2006 11:07 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #42
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #43
gsxr005
Rocky

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha YZF450 Dirtbike

Send a message via AIM to gsxr005 Send a message via Yahoo to gsxr005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre5922 View Post
Please forgive the rant, but I am as and will get very destructive if I don't vent! First of all, my wife doesn't understand bikes, hates bikes, etc. She is a really sweet person, she just hates bikes. She didn't want me to buy this one, but I got it anyway. She every time I spend a dime on it and I'm getting tired of it all. I will be around for the M&G this Saturday, then I will possibly be selling the bike and all tools and gear that I have accumulated! It all stems from the nail in my back tire. I bought the extended warranty from Cycle Gear on my tires. I got a nail in the rear, so I took it to them. I have had these tires for around 2-3 months and don't ride them hard. Anyway, they told me that there was 40% tread wear, so I would have to pay $60.00 for the prorated warranty (they warrant up to 25% wear at 100%). I called the wife and she blew a gasket. If I can't spend $60 to replace a tire, then obviously I can't afford to own the bike. Be thinking about if any of this interests you guys. I might not end up selling it, but I'm so mad right now that if I got a $3500 offer for everything, I'd probably take it. Here's what I have.......

My bike (obviously) w/
New Metzler M3s (with 40% wear according to Cycle Gear)
New wheel bearings front and rear
Yoshi full exhaust
K&N filters
New chain (530 O-ring)
New Zero Gravity Double Bubble dark smoke windscreen
New "Death Grip" grips
Red rim stripes
Red anodized windscreen bolts
New tank protector
New rear brake switch
New turn signal relay
New fork seals (still in package)
Bottle of fork oil
New headlight bulbs
Tags and inspection good until (i think) July or August '09

Needs:
Tach works, but needle is broken
Forks rebuilt
A little brake work on the front

Tools, etc:
New chain breaker/tool kit (used once)
New Motion Pro Manometer (carb gauges)- never used
chain cleaning tool
Chain cleaner
Chain lube
Probably some other things that I don't remember

Gear:
Shoei X11 2X red Kiyonari edition with clear and dark smoke visors

TourMaster 2X red/black mesh jacket with rain liner, cold weather liner and pads in elbow, forearm, shoulders and back

Frank Thomas 2X riding pants with kneepads, hip pads and cold weather insert

Vega Tech Sport riding boots size 12

Alpinestart MX-3 2X summer gloves with carbon fiber knuckles

Alpinestar ST-1 2X winter gloves (worn twice)

I have only had it for 6 months and I have well over $4000 into it total and almost all of the parts and gear are less than 4 months old. I love my bike, but I'm tired of dealing with all the sh&# at the house! If I DO go to the extreme, I want to thank all of you who have been so awesome and helped me. This forum and it's members are great! I've never in my life seen such a cool group as this. I will miss you all. Anyway, thanks for letting me blow off some steam.
Dude my soon to be X-wife is the same way. But this is where I put my foot down, I never ask, told, hated anything of the things you buy I keep to my self. If you can buy a $400.00+ F#cking bag. Without telling me! You better not say anything if I was to buy something for my bike! It’s my stress reliever from you’re a$$! And most of the things I do buy is gear or parts. But she’ll buy a freakin closet full of $h!t. With no reason being of having them. Sorry got carried away my bad! And dude if your gonna buy something just keep it under raps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
Sell the wife, keep the bike. You can always buy a newer model...

Just kidding... Nobody likes me riding. So what? I love it and I'm grown up and I'm going to do it anyway. I make some money now to buy my bike toys, so why stop for somebody else? I think changing yourself will only make you more bitter and your ire will only grow. You should really change your mind and keep the bike.
yeah! squoddybody you any friends like you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyneLawson View Post
screw gettin $3500 for the bike.........give someone $3500 to take the old lady off your hands and keep riding!!!!!

Wish I thought of that

Attachment 17160
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
I lucked out. The wife did not want me to get a bike, nut 3 years later she has one.
wonder if I can find someone like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
FUKK NO!

Married = GAME OVER!

I just go out and rent!: eek3: not agian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
ditch the wife... that's the route i took.
Almost thier my friend.

Quote:
Actually, I will never get married again. If this ends, I'll play and have fun until the day I die. Too much fun to be had out there. What she doesn't seem to remember is that I play REALLY hard when I'm single, so if she thinks that I'd hurt forever, she'd be dead wrong. I'd be dating (if that's what you want to call it) within a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I make more than her by a long shot, so I buy what I want. I lucky, she keeps her opinions to herself.
Yup,yup

Quote:
With bonuses, I sometimes make close to 2 1/2 times what she does, but my child support takes a HUGE chunk out of that. I've made at least twice what she does for the last 8 years.
I buy what I want with my own money. But I make sure that thier provied frist. I never turn away from my resopnsiblity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadman View Post
Sounds like it's time to make a statement about what is important to you and let her decide what kind of relationship she wants with you. I'd suggest planning a 3 day motorcycle ride to the hill country, maybe Austin too. Let her cry, let her rant, let her mope, let her nag, let her threaten, let her melt down.

Then go take that weekend trip, spend some cash, have a good time. I'll join ya.

When you get home let her decide if she wants to be married to you. If you come home, then obviously it's not that bad for you, right? Cause you chose to come home. Let her decide what she wants in life and then tell her to figure out a way to be happy with her decision, cause you, ultimately, are not responsible for her happiness. Your responsibility is to share a life of happiness together, not get bitched at for the same $60 she probably spends at starbucks each week.

All this assumes you are not an a$$hat yourself to begin with.
You rock man.

I ride because I want too, I ride because I need too, enough talk lets ride! Till our seats catches on fire! The faster the better! Ride it to your Limits. "I live my life quarter mile at a time and in those 10sec I'm free and nothing else matter" No BS, No hassle, No worries just me and my bike.
gsxr005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #44
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

sounds like alot selfish divorce ready people in here.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #45
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
werd

Riding probably isn't the sole factor for most of these folks. My marriage goes beyond whether or not she likes my riding. I know her folks hate it. At the end of the day there has to be compromise, in all aspects, not just one area. And, fwiw, doing the whole you spent 5 dollars yesterday so I'm spending $5 today to make it even is not a solution. You'll be over your head in debt if you take that approach and it only causes more bitterness.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #46
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Dude.

Tell her how it's gonna be!

cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #47
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #48
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
Sell the older bike, buy a new one and start racing. Then she will have a real reason to lol.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #49
ALEXD
HOUSTUNNAS

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05 R6
SOLD-00 GSXR 750 StreetFighter
SOLD- 99 GSXR 600
SOLD-01 YAMAHA R6
03 600 RR

you are your own person do what makes you happy you shouldnt have to change something you like to make someone else happy and if she doesnt like it just say you know what your S.O.L or tell her to give up something she likes and see what happens
ALEXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #50
Spectre5922
Grumpy old fart

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'92 GSXR 750

This is all very good advice guys. We had a long talk when I got home. She knows how I feel about bikes. She is still putting up with it. She apologized because evidently, something had happened at work that had her in a bad mood, PLUS we're still fighting with the insurance company trying to get our settlement from Ike (so money is a big one). It is also partly my fault.... I never explained some things about bikes to her like tread life, more stringent maintainance requirements, etc. She is actually VERY sweet and takes great care of me. Like I said in the opening post, I was just venting. I have no plans of divorce. I was just saying that if it ever came to that, I would be okay (wouldn't fall apart). I swore after my first marriage to never let ANYONE tear my heart apart again, and I still feel that way. And one last thing....... No, I'm not an . I do things all the time for her. During Drill season, I cook Monday through Friday, help do laundry, keep the house clean, etc.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #51
ThomAss
I like to ride

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

Nothing you haven't already told her twice.

Sound advice here.
ThomAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #52
Spectre5922
Grumpy old fart

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'92 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomAss View Post
What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?

Nothing you haven't already told her twice.

Sound advice here.
With advice like that, you MUST be single!

Advertisement