Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008, 10:19 AM   #61
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

i had a bike helmet on the first time, but its not much and was her off more than it was doing any good. a kids dirtbike helmet with goggles will soon be on her head

communication goes pretty much as 'hey sweetie, here comes a big bump, hold on tight!'
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CRASH TESTING: 50th Year Anniversary Today ormand Off Topic 5 09-18-2009 01:09 PM
1/4.. New Year Ride now 1/4 maxgs Events, Meets and Rides 8 01-03-2009 08:17 PM
1 Year ago TODAY..... quEEn B Off Topic 31 12-04-2008 01:36 PM
10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - Today 6/08/06 Swift E Off Topic 32 06-16-2006 07:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #62
Scatter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
try and defend your position, your still an idiot. and CPS should be called on your stupid . i was kinda giving you the benefit of doubt that you'd at least put some kinda lid on your kid, but appearntly that was too much.

communicating to a 3 y.o. lol
Quote:
my neigbors are foster parents, they have a 2 mos old w/ a skull fract. that was taken away from his parents, wonder what CPS would do if they found out you were motoring your kid around w/o a lid and he/she got hurt. prolly the same. they call it child endangerment for a reason and it's a crime.
YOU are an hole and it is people like you that call CPS for stupid that cause needy children in horrible situations HARM.

you don't know how OTHER peoples kids react or their level of maturity when mom or dad says hold on.

while i do not approve at all of what he did, i certainly don't agree with your snotty either.

loosenoose, keep her off the bike until you get her a lid and def get one of those bungee things.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #63
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

Quote:
my neigbors are foster parents, they have a 2 mos old w/ a skull fract. that was taken away from his parents, wonder what CPS would do if they found out you were motoring your kid around w/o a lid and he/she got hurt. prolly the same. they call it child endangerment for a reason and it's a crime.
2 months old is one thing, my kid is 3 years old and has shown me that she is nothing but enthusiastic about riding motorcycles. she holds on tight with her hands and legs. she would have a little kid's bike already if she had a good place to ride it. im travelling at safe speeds, usually below the limit, and taking every precaution i have at this time to ensure the safest ride for her. we dont have gear yet, but plan to in the immediate future. no plans yet on taking long trips.

i know what child endangerment is. i work in a jail, and have people in there for some really good child endangerment. getting high with jr, or leaving the baby in the house to go get drunk. those are a couple of the common stories i have heard. another isnt so much chid endangerment as it is very bad parenting- dude disciplined his kid to death. i think the kid was 2 and he beat her with his hand and i think a belt, breaking some ribs and her (his?) skull, killing the kid.

i know what a bad parent is, i am being an active, loving parent. many of the posts in this thread seem to agree that there is nothing wrong with what i have done. my dad did this with me, and several other poster's dads did too. in this day and age, this is considered bad parenting, lol. that is stupid. im sorry that i am creating heart warming moments with my daughter that neither of us will ever forget.

sheesh.

i liked the comment about video games and diabetes i really did LOL at that one. my kid is more fit and healthy than any other 3 year old that i know.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #64
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

it's all fun and games till your kid dies. then what?

like i said it's no biggie your kid rode. but w/o a lid is a biggie. and yes if i saw you w/ your kid and no lid, i'd sure as call the cops, somebody's gotta protect the kid and it surely wasnt you.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #65
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Loosenoose, you were initially expecting alot of negative feedback. Well, here it is. Don't get so emotionally excited over this.
Racer X is synonymous with:
1.Safety
2.Telling your like it is.

Strip away all the charged words he's throwing at you and the bottom line is this: Protect your daughter to the highest degree.
Sounds like you both disagree with what level of safety you're comfortable with.

The first time I ate my on a bike, I was doing 25mph and an old lady cut me off. I was just taking an easy ride to Circuit City on a Sunday. I was wearing only a helmet. I broke 3 bones in my foot, had gouged meat from my forearm, severe road rash on arms and legs and cracked my helmet. It was the most pain Ive ever been in, I was sweating profusely from head to broken toes.
When accidents happen, it's not always your fault and it doesn't matter how fast YOU'RE going, someone else might run a light or stop sign, or in hurry to work. Do you really want your little girl in the path of a barreling Suburban trying to get away from the cops?

Like I said, I think what you did was sweet for your daughter, but taking her down any road without protective gear and you really are taking a risk.

Find an empty parking lot instead and take pics for us!

Last edited by a forum moderator; 12-01-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #66
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

i'll have to do that (the parking lot pics)

i'm not getting that heated. it just bothers the out of me when people toss around cps. i have seen people lose their kids because of things totally beyond their control- for example, my wife's best friend when she was younger had a baby when she was a teenager. they were roommates and pretty much raised the kid together. they went out one night, leaving the little girl with a baby sitter. the baby sitter then left the kid with her little sister, who then decided it would be good to take a young girl (she was a toddler or a baby, i dont recall) to see a pitbull's puppies. momma took offense, and bit the baby girl in the head. she has scars across her forehead still and she's something like 8 or 9 now. someone called cps on my wife's friend and her daughter was taken from her for a month or so. i dont recall how long it was. she was in intensive care and her mom couldnt even come see her. it must have been .

calling cps on someone taking their kid for a joy ride in the country is some chicken .

i know racer x is all about safety and all that kind of , but there are people around here who think cps is worse than cussing out your mom.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:12 AM   #67
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

WHY? 1 it is against the law for a 3 y.o. to ride w/o a lid?

2, it's plain STUPID

3. poor poor judgment skill from a childs protector, what so BS about it?

this ain't some story about babysitters sisters momma, this is YOU making a stupid decision.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Last edited by RACER X; 12-01-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #68
Brandon

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 R6
2007 R6 (sold)
1983 XR-250R (sold)

Anyone have experience with this helmet?
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #69
bikes~r~hot

Member Garage

Quote:
ok, i should put almost, since you won't get the road rash associated w/ sliding down the road @ 35. and brena has pointed out the rest.

good to see you put take your childs safety so heavily. not.

OMG just get over it already, its his kid and im sure he wasnt acting stupid on the bike, so let the subject drop. His kid will remember it and it will be a memory they share and will never forget.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:22 AM   #70
Jaygermeister
Get out of my way Jimmy

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R 1340 Hayabusa CBR1100XX Superblackbird & CBR600F4 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Racer X is synonymous with:
1.Safety
2.Telling your like it is.
3.Nannying MH members
4.Insulting others to get his point across

I hate rules
i took my 3 year old for a little ride today
Track days are like going to Las Vegas If you canít afford to lose it donít go!!!!!
Jaygermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:22 AM   #71
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikes~r~hot View Post
OMG just get over it already, its his kid and im sure he wasnt acting stupid on the bike, so let the subject drop. His kid will remember it and it will be a memory they share and will never forget.

so only people acting stupid crash?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 12-01-2008, 11:23 AM   #72
Brandon

Bike(s):
2011 R6
2007 R6 (sold)
1983 XR-250R (sold)

Here are some more full-face youth helmets.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #73
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

My son has ridden with me since he was 2 yrs. old. I bought him a dirt bike helmet that allowed a face shied to be attached. If you look around you can find jackets to fit the little ones too. Gloves and boots were easy.

To keep him on the bike and in the legal seating position, behind me, we purchased a harness system from Sled Pal that is primarily designed for snowmobiling or ATV riding but works just as well for motorcycles.

Logan is almost 7 now and loves to ride, either with me or on his own CRF50 that we've had for several years. We have stopped using the harness because, in his words, "I'm a big boy and I can hold on".
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #74
ALEXD
HOUSTUNNAS

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05 R6
SOLD-00 GSXR 750 StreetFighter
SOLD- 99 GSXR 600
SOLD-01 YAMAHA R6
03 600 RR

thats cool i do that with my son in the apartments parkinglot i take him cruising around so now his getting a pocket bike for christmas and he wants it kawasaki green
ALEXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #75
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
im reluctant to even post this because of the potential shitstorm it could create, but the bonding that we had on that ride was worth any message board drama.

we were on a main road for like 100 feet- my road onto the main street to the nearest intersection and then onto low traffic back roads. we kept the speed at a very slow and easy pace. i communicated with her and stopped to check on her every now and then. she sat behind me on my seat, not the pillion. it was a pretty snug fit with both of us on one seat, so she kind of got squished in there, too. she was keeping a nice hold on my jacket's pockets except for one time when she let go with her right hand so she could turn back and wave at mom (awwe).
it was really nice and i dont think i have ever felt as close to my daughter as i did in that 10 minutes or so that we shared on my bike
(awwe)

i really wish i had pics, but alas, i do not.

so yeah, i had to share. it was just too great of a time to not share

Great Job. I try and take my kids for short runs around the block. The get a kick out of it and they really want me to buy them bikes one day.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #76
DirtyBoy
Big Buelly

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 buell xb12ss

hey racer x...

did your parents not love you or somethin? i rode with my dad on his bike and his goldwing from the age of 2 and going to victoria and conroe and trips like that since i was about 4 years old... it was just easier when he got the side car and i could stretch out a little bit... i think i was in more danger on my friends trampoline than i was when my dad was riding

do you even have kids or even a younger sibling you had to grow up with? when my sis was 3 she could understand just about everything i would say, she just couldnt respond very well but there is an unmistakable bond with sibling to sibiling, father to daughter, etc. to where you know when something is wrong or they dont like something that you have yet to understand... nothing happened to his little girl so he obviously did a good job in making sure she was safe, people like you should never be allowed to live just for the reason of you trying to screw up everyone elses life any way possible... get a real life
DirtyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:05 PM   #77
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

hey dirty boy, did i say NOT to take the kid riding?

how do you make a 3 y.o. riding on the street w/o a lid safe?

btw,
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 12-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #78
v4lu3s

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

well it seems it is pretty obvious that no one here is responsible enough to have kids. I really think CPS should come and take all your kids away cause riding a motorcycle is unsafe and dangerous and you may end up dead making it hard for your children to have a perfect life. CPS can offer that perfect life. They won't put your kids in a foster home where they coud be physically or sexually abused. They won't be bounced from home to home having a miserable upbringing. Those are just fabrications brought about by people that lost their kids. CPS is a perfect group of highly paid, extremely skilled people who are NEVER overworked, and NEVER screw up. It should also be very obvious that they never have to uphold poorly thought out and poorly worded laws. The laws in this state are perfect and if you do not like them then leave.

and as a side note my wife knows a lot of people in CPS out here in Montgomery County. Most of them are very hard working, EXTREMELY stressed out and over worked people who are not being paid well enough for what they have to go through. As far as taking the kid due to something like this, yeah right, they got more important issues to deal with such as children being raped by their mom's boyfriend, 15 year olds with 45 year old boyfriends, kids growing up in a meth lab in a trailer park and being taught how to be prostitutes before they even 12, or just plain old physical abuse that happens every day. Just wait til you see a case where CPS intervention is really warranted. Try a very energetic, very good natured little boy who is 6 years old and has a mom that regularly whips his with an extension cord til he has permanent scars on his body and often cannot sit or lay on his back he is in such severe pain...but the kid can still smile and laugh when someone cares for him. Thats who CPS needs to be taking care of...
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #79
DirtyBoy
Big Buelly

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 buell xb12ss

no but you come across as someone who would spoil the out of their kids just to keep them inside and get fat or anerexic on the computer all day and when they decide to have a mind of their own then its a "NO" to everything...

MSF? <-- i guess you were one of those kinds of kids... what is this?
DirtyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #80
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

I have seen Tyme2Move's little girl in full leathers and harness + helmet that fits snugly, and boots riding with her dad- and she's LITTLE! While I would never tell you not to ride with your daughter I can't help but to agree with those who are saying don't do it again until you get her a helmet. They do sell little bitty sizes - just have to look.

Enjoy your kids and spend time with them doing what you love- eventually they will love it, too!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement