MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #21
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNinja650 View Post
Most cops will respond nicely with just a warning if given respect and no attitude.

It's worked for me plenty of times. You have to remember, cops are in a thankless job and all they have is people that lie, disrespect, and give them attitudes all day long.

So if you were to apply it to this case, then would that make it ok?

In this case, your saying that I should be thankful for getting a warning from a cop who obviously doesn't know what the he's talking about?

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 07-22-2014 08:17 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #22
Redux

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
the BMW Z8 has only one reverse light. the other lense is for the reverse foglight and isn't used in the states.

gets customers all the time.
Yes all what 100 of them
Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #23
Ulric
Dirty Old

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowkat View Post
Cops are f*cking id10t's. The law states bikes only have to have 1 light up front, reguardless if equipped with 2.
So are some riders and members of this forum.

Quote:
In this case, your saying that I should be thankful for getting a warning from a cop who obviously doesn't know what the he's talking about?
He's saying try walking a mile in their shoes, so to speak before passing judgement.

It's a bit retarded to expect anyone but an enthusiast to know how each make/model was designed over X amount of years.

A little bit of intelligent thought (rare), some patience and courtesy go a long fuhkin way. (Obviously I ran out reading this thread).
Old 11-27-2008, 07:56 PM   #24
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
So are some riders and members of this forum.

He's saying try walking a mile in their shoes, so to speak before passing judgement.

It's a bit retarded to expect anyone but an enthusiast to know how each make/model was designed over X amount of years.

A little bit of intelligent thought (rare), some patience and courtesy go a long fuhkin way. (Obviously I ran out reading this thread).

+1

i'll put it this way. there are so many retards on crotch rockets running around houston riding dirty that it is no wonder we are frequently a target for a "spot" check. If more douches would cut out the bullshit it wouldn't be so bad. Personally I have seriously tossed around the idea of replacing the busa with a harley when the time comes cause I don't want to deal with the bullshit that comes with the territory. so next time one of you guys gets pulled over for some bullshit reason, thank the douchebags that run, steal and just plain act like jackasses on the road. They are the cause of your misery. not the cops.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #25
tarosean

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
+1

i'll put it this way. there are so many retards on crotch rockets running around houston riding dirty that it is no wonder we are frequently a target for a "spot" check. If more douches would cut out the bullshit it wouldn't be so bad. Personally I have seriously tossed around the idea of replacing the busa with a harley when the time comes cause I don't want to deal with the bullshit that comes with the territory. so next time one of you guys gets pulled over for some bullshit reason, thank the douchebags that run, steal and just plain act like jackasses on the road. They are the cause of your misery. not the cops.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I really will not be surprised when they ban SS bikes.
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:32 PM   #26
mr.haterz
SW squidbillies

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
01 F4i krunchy piece
99 z50r stock
96 z50r
03 xr50 108cc

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mr.haterz
ftp i ride wth no head lights
Old 11-27-2008, 09:36 PM   #27
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarracing View Post
stupid cop. next time dont give him anything. ask him why he stoped you first, make him give you a reason. it hasnt hapined to me but ill laff in his face when it does
that's funny right there. Give it a try and tell us how it comes out.
Ever seen that video where these 2 idiots are sitting in the car and the one idiot convinces the other to flip off the cop cus he can't do anything?
A lesson learned the hard way i guess.
hey i know after the cop pulls you over for nothing cuss him out and flip him off.
Michael
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #28
IslandKilo
Rising Sun

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
07 YamR6

I'm not bashin on the cops, homeboy is right up top, its the idiots ridin dirty that give us bad reps

like I stated, both cops were calm about it, not dicks. One even admitted to his mistake

Islandkilo
IslandKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:14 PM   #29
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #30
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

just ride with the high beams on. I do on my '02 R6 even though both lights are on all the time, and I never get flashed at to turn my brights off. So I figure why the not ride with the brights?
Old 11-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #31
Pre-K

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarracing View Post
stupid cop. next time dont give him anything. ask him why he stoped you first, make him give you a reason. it hasnt hapined to me but ill laff in his face when it does
Take a stroll down south, I hear the cops are really cool with people who act like you...
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:05 PM   #32
Pre-K

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.haterz View Post
ftp i ride wth no head lights
Right! I ain't got no headlights ether!
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #33
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by matemike View Post
just ride with the high beams on. I do on my '02 R6 even though both lights are on all the time, and I never get flashed at to turn my brights off. So I figure why the not ride with the brights?
I go everywhere with the high beams on. If they flash, I'll bump them down to lows.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #34
gsxr005
Rocky

Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha YZF450 Dirtbike

Send a message via AIM to gsxr005 Send a message via Yahoo to gsxr005
Sorry Bro, didnít mean to steal ur thread. Just would like to share my experience with Friendswood HPD Officer. I was on my Gixxer in Friendswood going to League City on FM528. I notice a cop park by the chevron gas station on my left. I was going the speed limit, so no worries keep going. Next thing I know the cop turn on his lights and case me down till Wendyís. So pulled over and stop. Not the friendliest cop I have met.

When: Ending of September 2008 while On RNR (vacation)
Time/Date: Saterday 27 Sep. 2008 a little after lunch
Where: Friendswood Ė FM 528 TX.

Cop: So he asks me for my license, insurance, registration, safety inspection.
Me: Would you like My MFS card, military ID? (Not trying to be a start a$$ but thatís how we do it in a military instillation. It's a habit that I pick-up from the military! I take everything out but my C/C.
Cop: You being a wise a$$
Me: No Sir! Itís just thatís the first thing that Military Police ask before anything else.
Cop: You military guys think you know everything.
Me: No Sir, I was just asking. Like I said itís a habit I pick-up being in the Military. I did not mean to be disrespectful.
Cop: Do you know I can impound your bike?
Me: Sir can you tell me what violation I have committed first! I was going the speed limit, the light was green, and I was not doing anything illegal that I can think of.
Cop: I saw your turn right signal is out.
Me: So I looked, he was right.
Me: Sir I must have a short some where. Plus I modified my turn signals to be on at all times and blinks when I turn on my signal lights. I show it to him and it works. When I turned her on. Some bikes donít have a full time parking or service lights on.
Cop: I am giving you a ticket for not maintaining your responsibility as motorists.
Me: Sir but it works!
Cop: Well doesnít work right now.
Me: But the blinkers do Sir.
Me: Must be the end of the month thing ha Sir!
Cop: What you say! BOY!!!
Me: I know about youíre end of the month quotes that you have to meet each month. I have buddies in Military Law enforcement and civilian sector too. Iím attached to a Military police unit. And this is Bull$hit the way your talking to me and treating me. SIR!!! Oh well I can call my Commander.Heís a Military Law enforcement and Judge Advocate in the civilian sector. And I guess Iíll see you in count. Can I have my ticket please Sir!
Cop: Turn his Back on me and said get it fix BOY!!! With the ticket still in his hands.
Me: Waited for him to give the ticket.
Cop: Drove away.
So yeah I feel what youíre saying, but there are majority of police officers are petty good. Just this one is an A$$hole!!!

I ride because I want too, I ride because I need too, enough talk lets ride! Till our seats catches on fire! The faster the better! Ride it to your Limits. "I live my life quarter mile at a time and in those 10sec I'm free and nothing else matter" No BS, No hassle, No worries just me and my bike.
gsxr005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:05 AM   #35
IslandKilo
Rising Sun

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
07 YamR6

^^ sux to hear that

Islandkilo
IslandKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #36
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr005 View Post
Sorry Bro, didnít mean to steal ur thread. Just would like to share my experience with Friendswood HPD Officer. I was on my Gixxer in Friendswood going to League City on FM528. I notice a cop park by the chevron gas station on my left. I was going the speed limit, so no worries keep going. Next thing I know the cop turn on his lights and case me down till Wendyís. So pulled over and stop. Not the friendliest cop I have met.

When: Ending of September 2008 while On RNR (vacation)
Time/Date: Saterday 27 Sep. 2008 a little after lunch
Where: Friendswood Ė FM 528 TX.

Cop: So he asks me for my license, insurance, registration, safety inspection.
Me: Would you like My MFS card, military ID? (Not trying to be a start a$$ but thatís how we do it in a military instillation. It's a habit that I pick-up from the military! I take everything out but my C/C.
Cop: You being a wise a$$
Me: No Sir! Itís just thatís the first thing that Military Police ask before anything else.
Cop: You military guys think you know everything.
Me: No Sir, I was just asking. Like I said itís a habit I pick-up being in the Military. I did not mean to be disrespectful.
Cop: Do you know I can impound your bike?
Me: Sir can you tell me what violation I have committed first! I was going the speed limit, the light was green, and I was not doing anything illegal that I can think of.
Cop: I saw your turn right signal is out.
Me: So I looked, he was right.
Me: Sir I must have a short some where. Plus I modified my turn signals to be on at all times and blinks when I turn on my signal lights. I show it to him and it works. When I turned her on. Some bikes donít have a full time parking or service lights on.
Cop: I am giving you a ticket for not maintaining your responsibility as motorists.
Me: Sir but it works!
Cop: Well doesnít work right now.
Me: But the blinkers do Sir.
Me: Must be the end of the month thing ha Sir!
Cop: What you say! BOY!!!
Me: I know about youíre end of the month quotes that you have to meet each month. I have buddies in Military Law enforcement and civilian sector too. Iím attached to a Military police unit. And this is Bull$hit the way your talking to me and treating me. SIR!!! Oh well I can call my Commander.Heís a Military Law enforcement and Judge Advocate in the civilian sector. And I guess Iíll see you in count. Can I have my ticket please Sir!
Cop: Turn his Back on me and said get it fix BOY!!! With the ticket still in his hands.
Me: Waited for him to give the ticket.
Cop: Drove away.
So yeah I feel what youíre saying, but there are majority of police officers are petty good. Just this one is an A$$hole!!!

your right, there are SOME cops out there, I had a 45 minute argument with a louisiana parish cop once over the claim of me running a yield sign. still haven't figured that one out. lol. most are reasonable people though.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:30 AM   #37
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

ive been stopped 2 times on the westpark tollway, and orriginally they stopped me to check if i had an ez tag (which do) soon after i showed them the tag they walked to the front of my bike and said "well it looked like you had a headlight out"...i explained it to them and they just kinda gave me a smerk and a warning and went about their business

im sure it'll happen again
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #38
Punisher1340

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2008 Bking 1340
Triumph Rocket 3 (05& 06)
Yamaha Ride Smart Warrior 05
Yamaha Roadstar 1602 01

yo

guys think about it we all cant know everything about every bike out there
just be happy when we can admit when we are wrong. on the other hand being a smart will only get you in deeper
and yes there are some really dumb cops out there. but there are some really good ones out there
who just give you a verbal warning and tell you have a nice day...

aint that right dave c...

vinnie
Old 11-29-2008, 12:38 AM   #39
gsxr005
Rocky

Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha YZF450 Dirtbike

Send a message via AIM to gsxr005 Send a message via Yahoo to gsxr005
^^^ I'm all good for the good cops, ^^^ I have buddies in Military Law enforcement and civilian sector too. And yes there are some that’s just pricks! I just don't like the ones that call me BOY!!! If I render you with respect. I expect it from the officer! I respect the uniform but if the officer being a a$$. Then expect me to be not to be polite. And I don't like it when they act like they own the road! Example: why are you speeding on MY road, had that said to me once while driving from fort Polk, Louisiana back to Houston and I’ll admit I was 5mph over had it on cruise control and did not notice the speed limit changed and I apologize to the officer. Like I have stated before most of them are nice, respectful, and a few that are just a$$wipes. Dignity and Respect are a few of my Army values and I try to live by.

I ride because I want too, I ride because I need too, enough talk lets ride! Till our seats catches on fire! The faster the better! Ride it to your Limits. "I live my life quarter mile at a time and in those 10sec I'm free and nothing else matter" No BS, No hassle, No worries just me and my bike.
gsxr005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #40
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

it's just like everyone else in the world - some good, some bad... some pre-disposed to suspicion, some not. But I will expect as much of an apology for a mistake like this one as a cop would expect from me....

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement