MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2005, 02:46 PM   #1
TRD23
Thats MR. to you.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 ZX6R

Certificate of Destruction Question.

So if a frame has certification of destruction is not possible to get it registered or anything? The only problem is a tab(one in the back) was broken off but could be welded back. The frame it self is fine. Does any of yall know anything about it???
TRD23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
paper stock certificate question ....how to sell Homebrew Off Topic 5 10-18-2013 02:18 PM
Spicewood Annual Destruction Derby 2012 zerobounds Off Topic 1 09-17-2012 07:43 AM
More Death and Destruction Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 04-23-2012 06:21 AM
one man destruction derby in galvez craigntx Off Topic 3 09-15-2010 10:01 AM
Gift certificate question GIXXERKELLY Ridesmart Motorcycle School 2 10-02-2009 09:50 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2005, 05:17 PM   #2
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

its getting destroyed and no hope of re-registering it. i dont know if youcan buy it though but if you do you can make it a track/stunt bike.

are you buiyng it at auction. maybe they can "inspect" it back into a salvage frame, then you inspect it to a rebuilt title.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:07 AM   #3
TRD23
Thats MR. to you.

Bike(s):
01 ZX6R

nope just ebay. I thought i could get it inspected at the DMV. and get it salvaged.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:02 AM   #4
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

yes its possible to get it to rebiult.... is the bike titled in florida? get it safety inspected, then make sure you get a bill of sale from the person who is on the title... the bureaucracy might get a lil technical, but i talked with a guy about a year ago that did it for his motorcycle.... if all else fails, try a title bond... lil bit costly but it should work
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:22 PM   #5
zero4o3

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t
yes its possible to get it to rebiult.... is the bike titled in florida? get it safety inspected, then make sure you get a bill of sale from the person who is on the title... the bureaucracy might get a lil technical, but i talked with a guy about a year ago that did it for his motorcycle.... if all else fails, try a title bond... lil bit costly but it should work
they got a salvage title from another state and then transferd it to texas and they gave them a normal title right? i have heard of them doing that before
zero4o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 02:55 PM   #6
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

cant get it transferred to texas unless you get it safety inspected first, then once its transferred to texas it will be salvage title, or maybe even rebiult... cause there would be no point of safety inspecting it twice (once to get it transferred to texas, then to get it branded "rebiult")...
Old 12-15-2005, 11:27 PM   #7
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

Think carefully about it, I would tell you right off that it's not worth it. I had a salvage title S-10 a few years back that I bought from a car dealer. Complete paperwork and the numbers matched, I would get pulled over when they would run the plates and I eventually ended up at the auto theft division (by *special* invitation) where the vehicle was inspected. I got a clean bill of health but kept gettin pulled over because of the salvage title.

If I had to do it all over again I would have spent a few more $$$ and just bought a used work truck and saved myself all the hassles. Maybe for a track bike, but then again you'll really have to be getting it almost for free to go through all that trouble.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:14 AM   #8
TRD23
Thats MR. to you.

Bike(s):
01 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t

Yeah the title is from florida. Bill of sale comes with but i dont think it is from the person from the title. Im looking into a title bond. Any of yall Know of a place?
Or does anyone know how to track down the owner so i could him to give me the title??
Old 12-17-2005, 12:38 PM   #9
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD23
Yeah the title is from florida. Bill of sale comes with but i dont think it is from the person from the title. Im looking into a title bond. Any of yall Know of a place?
Or does anyone know how to track down the owner so i could him to give me the title??
na... dont buy it then... way too much work..... and too much bureaucracy..

if you dont have a hookup w/ an insurance co. a title bond will prolly cost 500.00-700.00, and sometimes thats not even a sure thing.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:02 PM   #10
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

One of the businesses where I hang my hat writes title bonds. BUT if you don't have something in writing from the owner indicating that the vehicle was transferred to you for a consideration AND a check/receipt of some kind showing where the $$$ changed hands, you're going to have problems.

Certificate of title bonds aren't easily obtained. It's issued by the agent for an underwriter (ins company) and there will be a credit check and other invasive procedures. Once you have or even if you get a bond you still have to go to a hearing with the TXDOT to prove your documentation and then they will decide IF they're going to give you a title of any kind.

It's really more trouble than it's worth...you should listen before you get involved with something that's only going to drain you financially and take up a whole lot of your time.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:50 PM   #11
TRD23
Thats MR. to you.

Bike(s):
01 ZX6R

Thanks for the advice. Im not gonna buy. GAY. It would of been nice to have and 06 zzr600 frame.

Advertisement