Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2008, 02:04 PM   #21
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
I'm going on 5 months with a front tire plug and speeds from 60-140

i'm craazzzzyyy!

na it's worked fine just as good as a new tire since the day I put it in.
they work and stay in perfectly i dont know how long they last for cars but if you put the cement lube that comes with it on the plug and plug it right it should stay in for a hot minute.
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flat Tire Prothos General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 05-01-2011 11:30 PM
flat tire, need help. Vicious Vic Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 5 06-09-2010 06:10 PM
Flat tire SpeedCheeser General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 04-25-2009 04:07 PM
Flat Tire D-Mo How To's and Q & A's 8 03-18-2008 12:09 AM
Flat tire....need help RRCBR General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 04-20-2006 11:43 AM
Old 11-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #22
Grumpy old fart
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

'92 GSXR 750

Originally Posted by blends View Post
where do you get your patch kits from guys?
I just went to Advanced Auto Parts and got the vulcanized rubber plug kit. It's plugged and I limped it up to the local station for air (about 1/2 mile). The tire was not totally flat, so I was very careful not to get over 10mph to keep from losing the bead lock. Also, the nail was a little off-center on the tire, so it's not in my contact patch for straight-line riding. I hate the looks of it more than anything, but I just can't do another $200 tire right now. I've plugged TONS of car tires in my life, but this is the first bike plug. I used a lot of glue and cleaned the hole really well first. It's holding fine, it just me off to see a plug in a brand new tire.

As long as you guys are lookin........... Why don't you all come out to the M&G on Dec. 6th? It's going to be at some wing place in Clear Lake/Friendswood. fmartinezjr knows where it's at.
Spectre5922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:56 AM   #23
Reformed Track Addict
Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

at the junkyard

plugs can and will back out. some people get lucky, some don't. i'd get it patched as soon as possible.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:23 AM   #24
MH's #1 HOBO
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

None at the moment..... :-(

If you've already plugged it, you should be fine. You can also do a burnout(if you know how) to melt it in to the tire. Always done it on my bikes i've had, with no problems. I, at one point, had 3 plugs in my rear on my gixxer 6 05 and they never came out. Now, that's not to say they cant or wont, but you should be fine. Plugged a buddy's of mine rear on his z1000 and he rode it like that for the rest of the life of the tire. But if you got some extra $$$$ lying around and can afford it, then go get a new one. But you should be ok....
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
So is refusing to give it up.

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote