MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
overandover

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 CBR1000rr
nope.

Stowing gear at an event.

I'm going to the Staind/Papa Roach/Seether concert tonight at Ford Park in Beaumont. I called to ask about a place to stow my gear and they have nothing available. I can lock my helmet to the bike, leaving the balaclava and sweater inside my helmet (hoping that nobody liberates them), wear my leathers, and just stuff my gloves inside my jacket. Any other suggestions?
overandover is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last minute cycle gear event 45s j0nathan Events, Meets and Rides 0 04-18-2015 01:39 PM
Joe Rocket Gear In Stock @ Motorcycles Unlimited, Lot's of Gear At Super Pricing!! Patrick Motorcycles Unlimited 7 10-06-2009 07:29 AM
Gear Vault(gear available to be borrowed) OMEGA Gear Talk 5 08-07-2009 11:15 AM
gear saved my like last night so people who dont wear gear TAKE A LOOK!!!!! dcm5586 General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 11-03-2008 07:50 PM
mismatching gear / matching gear AznGoneNuts General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 03-09-2007 05:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Don't wear any gear, its much easier
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Bring a backpack. Tie the helmet to the backpack, or get one like this

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...k--609537.html
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Buy a busa and move the coffee machine to the side next to the kitchen sink. then you can fit three full pairs of gloves, beret(necessity for those whom know Cali), camera, beat a stick, pcm3, cargo net, full tool kit, caliper lock, wipe down towel, tiewraps, trailer wiring, yellowbox, trunk leds(yes, I have em), knife, air gauge and pen/marker(for phone numbers.)
Old 11-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
i would not leave the helmet with the bike... to many out there. you might be missing a helmet on your way home... to expensive to take that chance, kids like to be and cut the chin strap off of the bike... then you might as well have rode without gear....
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #7
Metzzen1
Crazy Member

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
srad gix 6

Send a message via AIM to Metzzen1
What I do EVERYDAY I park somewhere seems to be pretty effective.

I went to home depot and got a $20 4' long cable lock. When I get to where im going I put my helmet on my seat, lay my jacket on the helmet (so the helmet is wearing the jacket almost). I put my gloves and balaclava in the trunk (which my trunk is HUGE compared to new ones, alternatly use a backpack or tank bag). Then i get the cable lock, go though my wheel, through the helmet and through one sleeve of the jacket. If you position everything right the 4' cable is the perfect length. Go from wheel, to wrist part of sleeve, then out the inside of the sleeve to the face of the helmet, through there, then out the bottom of the helmet to the other part of the wheel. It will sorta wrap around the wheel/tail section. MAKE SURE you dont have anything in your pockets of your jacket or it could get ripped off. Also if its going to rain you can still lock the helmet to the bike (as long as its normal side up, and not upside down) and it will stay dry while you wear/carry your jacket. Most of the time I wear jeans so ill just walk around in them or if its hot, i put them in my trunk (or backpack). Shoes....same deal with jeans except i wear the shoes im going to walk around in or bring boots to ride in and flip flops to change into.

been doing this everywhere I went for the last 5 years and have yet to have a problem with it.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #8
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country (Cory Ness Edition)

jus go nekkid
Old 11-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #9
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzzen1 View Post
What I do EVERYDAY I park somewhere seems to be pretty effective.

I went to home depot and got a $20 4' long cable lock. When I get to where im going I put my helmet on my seat, lay my jacket on the helmet (so the helmet is wearing the jacket almost). I put my gloves and balaclava in the trunk (which my trunk is HUGE compared to new ones, alternatly use a backpack or tank bag). Then i get the cable lock, go though my wheel, through the helmet and through one sleeve of the jacket. If you position everything right the 4' cable is the perfect length. Go from wheel, to wrist part of sleeve, then out the inside of the sleeve to the face of the helmet, through there, then out the bottom of the helmet to the other part of the wheel. It will sorta wrap around the wheel/tail section. MAKE SURE you dont have anything in your pockets of your jacket or it could get ripped off. Also if its going to rain you can still lock the helmet to the bike (as long as its normal side up, and not upside down) and it will stay dry while you wear/carry your jacket. Most of the time I wear jeans so ill just walk around in them or if its hot, i put them in my trunk (or backpack). Shoes....same deal with jeans except i wear the shoes im going to walk around in or bring boots to ride in and flip flops to change into.

been doing this everywhere I went for the last 5 years and have yet to have a problem with it.

+1 thats what I was going to suggest.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:56 PM   #10
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Buy a cable lock from Home Depot and run it through the chin bar of the helmet, and through the sleeves of the jacket.
Then lock it to your bike.
While your at Home Depot or Lowes get one of the small screamer alarms that work by movement and put it in the helmet.
It's not 100% safe but will slow all but the most determined thieves down.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:00 PM   #11
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Never ride a bike to an event like that. Might as well leave the keys in it. Thieves know that you won't be back to check on it for a long time.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:03 AM   #12
Mr.Jones

Bike(s):
02 f4i
09 Raider(dads bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Never ride a bike to an event like that. Might as well leave the keys in it. Thieves know that you won't be back to check on it for a long time.
1+ bikes are small and can be picked up by two or three people Bad bad people

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting "HOLY T...WHAT A RIDE!"
Mr.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #13
overandover

Bike(s):
2008 CBR1000rr
nope.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I think liked the cable lock idea the best, thank you very much.

When I got to Ford arena, the parking attendent, Dave, showed me where to park. The security was good and the area where I parked was well lit and highly visible. A lady named Kitty had answered the phone when I called Ford arena to ask about parking, and when I got there I saw her husband, Jim, who works parking lot security, driving around in a golf cart. I had no qualms about leaving my helmet locked to the bike with my sweater and balaclava stuffed inside.

I felt a little self concious about going in wearing my leather chaps and jacket (I'm not a biker, I just own a bike), but once I saw all of the facial hardware, the guy with the pink mohawk, and all of the other "unique individuals", I decided to just get over it. Next time, however, I will have a cable lock so I can leave my jacket outside. I was lucky enough to get right up to the front where I could remove my jacket and fold it over the rail, so I didn't sweat like a pig.

(By the way, Papa Roach put on the best show ((most energetic)). I prefer Seether's music above the other performers, but all three performed all of their songs that were my favorites, with the exception of Staind, they didn't do "Sober". Fantastic concert.)
overandover is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement