MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
Drumboy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

Earphone Discussion V. 5.2.4b_BigEar

Anybody use Big Ear earphones? I got at mold done of my ear at the bike show but I'm not sure if I want to spend $300.

http://www.bigearinc.com/
Drumboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion!!!!! JRxGRUBZx Off Topic 82 03-05-2009 01:14 PM
discussion 2 Azylum Off Topic 8 03-05-2009 10:59 AM
Earphone usage at trackdays?? dbuck Taking it to the Track 168 02-22-2009 08:32 AM
This is a little ridiculous.........discussion anyone? RoadracerNC Off Topic 53 12-17-2008 06:24 PM
my friend and i had a discussion Maverick Off Topic 16 11-01-2006 01:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
TexasMason
McPhizzle Dizzle Baby....

Bike(s):
07 Suzuki GSXR 1000 ....
06 Kawasaki ZX 656 West Racing Bodykit (Sold)

Member Garage

nope

i went and thought th eprice was ridiculus especially if you need to have them serviced and that costs like another hundred.. i went to best buy and bought the skullcandy ones and they stay in my ears perfect , seal off noise and mold to my ears and i hear nothing but sweet music with a little of the bike in the background to top it off.. nicely.. 21 bucks and if they go bad so what i get another pair.. but i am still on my first pair of sony over the ear 10 dollar jobs i got 4 years ago.. and i use them in the gym and on the bike.. i also heard there was a kit to where you can make your own impressions and so forth.. just my .02
TexasMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
zimmer

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Honda CBR 1000
2010 Honda Sabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMason View Post
i went and thought th eprice was ridiculus especially if you need to have them serviced and that costs like another hundred.. i went to best buy and bought the skullcandy ones and they stay in my ears perfect , seal off noise and mold to my ears and i hear nothing but sweet music with a little of the bike in the background to top it off.. nicely.. 21 bucks and if they go bad so what i get another pair.. but i am still on my first pair of sony over the ear 10 dollar jobs i got 4 years ago.. and i use them in the gym and on the bike.. i also heard there was a kit to where you can make your own impressions and so forth.. just my .02

Same here, get the Skull Candy ones. Good product, good price
zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

I currently use $50 Sony MD-71 earbuds (I think) and $10 Sony over ear headphones. The earbuds fall out pretty quickly (left first then right) and the over ear headphones start hurting after an hour or so cause they kinda move around and get in a tight spot. Seems like the cable getting pulled is the main problem cause it kinds slinds down into my jacket. This is wearing my straight up dirtbike helmet so it gets ALOT of wind in there and I can't really tell what's playing at speed until I recognize the song.

I just got an Arai XD helmet and it's alot quieter so I need to try those out in there, but I know for sure I'm not taking that on my next Mexico trip so I need to get something working in the other helmet.
Drumboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #5
GraemePC

Bike(s):
2003 Honda RC51

Member Garage

I use these and they work great. They are comfortable and block out a lot of wind noise. They also stay in your ear pretty well.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1199496037598
GraemePC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
Smurfzilla

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'06 CBR600RR

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Have a foam tip that fits like the foamy ear plugs. Block out tons of bike/wind noise and you don't have to blast your music to hear.
Smurfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
maxgs

Member Garage

When I was traveling all the time, I wore the Bose noise canceling headphones. I sat next to a guy who was wearing Ultimate Ears... a very similar product to BigEars. He couldn't say enough, but they are very expensive. Instead I bought the Shure e4c's. They are a very high quality foamy that seals in your ear canal. I liked them so much, I quit wearing the bose. I had better noise reduction and the sound was at least as good.

The problem is that the shure's stick out a bit so you can't wear them with a helmet. And, they hurt your ears if you wear them for more than a couple of hours at a time. That is what has led me back to a molded ear solution. Dead flat in your ear, so you can wear a helmet. Noise reduction is at least a 20 db drop. Good quality sound. And, they only come out when you take them out.

They are expensive, but much better than any off the shelf solution.

-Curt
Old 11-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #8
Smurfzilla

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'06 CBR600RR

The shure e4c are great headphones, I loved them. My only complaint is they don't fit under a helmet well. If you liked the shure, next time you decide to pick up a pair of headphones try the ER-6 or 6i's from the link above. They don't stick out of your fit inside your ear much better then the shure. They have the same fit and sound as the shure, just smaller.
Smurfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement