Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
Thomas

Feedback Rating: (0)

katy membership???

can somebody please explain how the katy membership works. i have read there website and it says you pay the money and get any track time you want as long as there isnt a event going on. we just got a couple 65s and we wanted to start going there. do i just fax them the application? do they send me a code or a pass? any help would be appreciated. and if anybody would like to go out there let me know. i never been before and i have never rode a mini. this could get ugly! lol
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSRH membership Boxerboy2 Taking it to the Track 16 09-11-2015 10:01 AM
TMGP Membership? paulie12 Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 30 01-29-2014 10:29 AM
Katy membership...check! bignissan Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 20 03-23-2009 12:34 PM
Katy track membership mcd Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 14 02-29-2008 07:43 PM
TD vs Membership BigComfy Taking it to the Track 32 01-06-2008 05:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
Bagwell

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
Various Equipment for various uses.
Dirt, Street, Track, Dual Sport, I like em all.

Katy memberships require you to send in the application and your payment, they then process it and send you a membership card with access combination on the back of it. You can go ride there as long as a race isnt going on there. Check the calendar on their website to see what is scheduled when. If carts are there, you can either run with them or opt to trade off time with the carts. Its not a perfect science in trading out time with the carts but it all seems to work out I guess. There are several folks in here who have memberships there including myself and I figure it would be much more fun to have several folks out there running the track together than just one or two bikes. Members are allowed to take guests, but as per the rules the guests must only ride member owned vehicles on the track. You really need to have your membership card with you when you go, although they do have a list of members hung up in the clubhouse window and you should be able to defer to that list. I know they like you to have your membership card with you though.
Did you already put some road rubber on your 65s? What else did you do to mod them so far if anything?

#104 I Just Wanna Ride TMGP Endurance Team
Bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
mcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagwell View Post
Katy memberships require you to send in the application and your payment, they then process it and send you a membership card with access combination on the back of it. You can go ride there as long as a race isnt going on there. Check the calendar on their website to see what is scheduled when. If carts are there, you can either run with them or opt to trade off time with the carts. Its not a perfect science in trading out time with the carts but it all seems to work out I guess. There are several folks in here who have memberships there including myself and I figure it would be much more fun to have several folks out there running the track together than just one or two bikes. Members are allowed to take guests, but as per the rules the guests must only ride member owned vehicles on the track. You really need to have your membership card with you when you go, although they do have a list of members hung up in the clubhouse window and you should be able to defer to that list. I know they like you to have your membership card with you though.
Did you already put some road rubber on your 65s? What else did you do to mod them so far if anything?
Exactly what he said, good write up Bagwell!

The Katy track membership is a great deal, and the track is a blast on a mini. Hopefully we get enough people with memberships so we can get some good turnouts out there. I have been out there by myself several times, and it is still fun, but much better with more people.
mcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
Thomas

as far as mods i have the 12 inch wheels that will be here on wednesday. the front is 2.15 and the rear 2.5. a wave front rotor. fmf exhaust. i had the forks upgraded already. they have the heavier springs and thicker fluid. im still stuck on what to do with the rear shock. i have been doing some research and have seen a couple bikes with a zx7 rear shock and a gsxr 750 rear shock. i just dunno exactly how everything needs to be yet. i have the bar busters for it and several front and rear sprockets. now all i need to do is get some time out on the track to learn to ride a mini. thanks for all the info on the way katy works. and yeah i would for sure rather go out there with more people. i get kinda bored riding the big bikes by myself so im sure the small bikes would be the same. once i get everything figured out i would like to go out there and try to get up to speed.
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:32 AM   #5
slo_rdr

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'05 GSXR 750-Totaled
'01 KX60-mini-tard

Just picked up a 60 and considering getting a membership at Katy - Question about guests - is there an additional fee for a guest to ride & is there a limit on the number of guests (ie if I were to get a membership and bring 2 friends)? Going to do the TMGP thing & me & my 'team' have never riden minis till just this past week! Parking lots & cones for now but havent gotten that thing outa 3rd gear yet & I need to see how badly drum breaks really fade (hahaha)
Old 11-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #6
Bagwell

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
Various Equipment for various uses.
Dirt, Street, Track, Dual Sport, I like em all.

I would go read the rules of membership and track use at the gulf coast karters website to make sure, but I believe you are allowed to bring one guest at a time and I dont think they are required to pay a fee as of yet if I am not mistaken. I just looked, and it seems the complete general rules section of the website doesnt show a page, but I bet if you looked in the forum or join the forum and ask a question they would be more than happy to answer your questions. Just for info, there are SOME that arent real excited about motorcycles at their kart track, but that is going to happen anyplace so I might be a little tactful about throwing riding motorcycles out there on the forum.

http://www.racekarts.com/

#104 I Just Wanna Ride TMGP Endurance Team
Bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement