MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 09:25 PM   #21
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
hope this helps
Ducati is acknowledged as having the most advanced electronics package of all by the way
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bazzaz traction control computer box? houseofpaint Performance and Modifications 17 03-29-2009 01:57 PM
Guintoli sixth without traction control! Grinchy Taking it to the Track 3 07-15-2008 01:41 PM
Traction Control is now LEGAL in AMA racing ArturoC Taking it to the Track 9 07-17-2006 09:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #22
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

I agree that policing it is going to be too hard. Heck, local US races can't even police the bikes that are supposed to be dyno controlled. You've got teams out there with hidden map switches and things that they cheat with- can you imagine with the money MOTOGP teams have?

I like the no electronics rule too- riders like Vale and Nicky will reap the benefits from that!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #23
Turnerscasa
Box it, or bin it!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 CBR1000RR
2007 GSXR750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
hope this helps
Great post, thank you! You know it looks like everyone is headed in the same direction. That said some teams will arrive before others as in any form of motorsport. If it cant be policed equally with some sort of reasonable verification everyone is playing with the same deck of cards. (Motogp issued electronics packages) I will agree with Tom here. They should just ban the technoligy because it promotes a unfair racing dynamic.

Racing as a whole is shifting from a focus on driver talent. (right-or-wrong??) To a focus on the machine, and the technology that drives it. Seems kinda natural considering where most of the money/parts come from. However, if your a fan, passionate about the art-of-the-drama that is motorsport! The machine cannot be the star. I hate to bring NASCAR up, but its a prime example of what I'm talking about here. The drives, or personalities within the sport are the star's, not the machines, and it seems to work. (Listening AMA/DMG?)
Turnerscasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #24
Mr Richards
Insert Clever Quote Here

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1 (Street)
2005 Yamaha R1 (Track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I agree that policing it is going to be too hard. Heck, local US races can't even police the bikes that are supposed to be dyno controlled. You've got teams out there with hidden map switches and things that they cheat with- can you imagine with the money MOTOGP teams have?

I like the no electronics rule too- riders like Vale and Nicky will reap the benefits from that!
I believe this, too. I have read that Vale doesn't like the traction control as much as the other riders.

Advertisement