Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #61
Angamico
Range Target

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
YZF600R
TigerEX1200

Sanely paced ride North on 3090, the two riders in front of me and one behind me all went off road. One had gone wide and the rest target fixated on the wreck. That brief moment of slowing and parking the bike and and getting to all the downed riders felt like a horrible eternity. Thankfully, none of them were injured. The scene replays in my mind every time I travel that road. I guess I'm fortunate though, as I know many others have far worse experiences from that same corner.
Angamico is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the scariest mc crashes caught. on tape craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 09-15-2013 11:39 AM
★Moto Insurance, Moto-Houston.com t-shirts are in.. TnTEntR1 Moto Insurance 2 05-22-2011 01:11 AM
Scariest hike in the world... Corona Busa General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 12-31-2008 11:14 AM
Take 1 Moment To see this... __NATE__ Off Topic 7 11-26-2008 07:14 AM
Scariest Movie Trailer I've Seen In Quite A While ArturoC Off Topic 23 09-13-2006 12:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #62
LunchBox
Beautiful Man Club VP

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country (Cory Ness Edition)

Had only been riding about 3 months at the time. Was in the middle lane on 45 with a rig to my left. I was going about 75, maybe 80 when a honda civic doing about a buck dusted me on the right and cut into my lane, inches from my front tire. forgot the 18wheeler was to my left and was about to change lanes to avoid civic. looked left and all I could see was the edge of the trailer about a foot from my face.........
Thought I was either gonna get hit by honda or end up under the rig......good thing I was wearing brown boxers that day!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #63
mikes-si

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2006 kawasaki zx-6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyneLawson View Post
good thing I was wearing brown boxers that day!!!
mikes-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #64
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
Riding up to the bookstore one night and meeting Azylum by chance for the first time in person. That felt like a 200 mph highside.
translation:

"That was the greatest moment of my life, and i shall cherish it always. Thank you, oh Chosen One for gracing me with your awesome. I have now become a better man for it."

had to break out my decoder ring for that one.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #65
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamico View Post
Sanely paced ride North on 3090, the two riders in front of me and one behind me all went off road. One had gone wide and the rest target fixated on the wreck. That brief moment of slowing and parking the bike and and getting to all the downed riders felt like a horrible eternity. Thankfully, none of them were injured. The scene replays in my mind every time I travel that road. I guess I'm fortunate though, as I know many others have far worse experiences from that same corner.
yep - sounds like my April 15 fun - fixated on another's wreck, overshot early-on in a hard left, locked up and dropped left - I went right - and after I realized my ride flipped over me after I hit, well I just kept puckering more and more... realization that I was injured came bit by bit on the way home...

Striker's was on the same corner, but during my next ride (and several months) later (I had to conquer that stupid corner... which was another pucker moment, by the way....), but I never came that close to the drain pipe (which was bare damaged rusty metal back then...) like he did!

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:06 PM   #66
Spidermonkey
TTD's home grown

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650 trackbike/08 zx6 sold(i loved it)/ 08 R6 (head shakes!)

trackdays: 98

the scariest moment i have was getting a bad tank slap just before my break point at cresson <turn7 i think> the right hander at the end of the down hill.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #67
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Mine was on the way back from MSRH after the bbq and i dropped my 08 250 on 249 and my body rolled into the right lane of traffic. No injuries and only a broke blinker so not too bad but I was still shakin a bit. Got back on and rode to the shop.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:34 PM   #68
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

my buttpucker moment was once on the hov heading south inside loop and when it coes to 610 south it makes some easy small sweeps, one day I was hauling a smidgen to much through them and the tires were skipping over the road grooves/ridges and hopping towards the concrete wall, I was power leaning that bish and made her like it.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:37 AM   #69
shsu1k

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 750

learning to power wheelie in first, came down too hard and made me wiplash the throttle for another wheelie..lol.

scared the mess outta me.

that and when i looked up doin 50 to find my buddy stopped in the middle of the road, i went into a ditch but managed to keep it up. i yelled.
shsu1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:28 AM   #70
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Seriously the scariest ive had was riding to visit family and friends back home in Beaumont, while cruisin back home down IH10 i look down to check gas level and notice a spider the size of my freakin hand making its way to the throttle. (not really the size of my hand) Instantly i pull my hand off the throttle and start to panic cause im terrified of spiders. Not really to sure how far but a good ways trying to control the bike from about 90 to a stop on ih10 traffic with only left hand on the bar end and foot brake. Worst feeling in the world cause if that sucker moved to the tank i would have seriously probably bailed off the bike.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #71
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
Seriously the scariest ive had was riding to visit family and friends back home in Beaumont, while cruisin back home down IH10 i look down to check gas level and notice a spider the size of my freakin hand making its way to the throttle. (not really the size of my hand) Instantly i pull my hand off the throttle and start to panic cause im terrified of spiders. Not really to sure how far but a good ways trying to control the bike from about 90 to a stop on ih10 traffic with only left hand on the bar end and foot brake. Worst feeling in the world cause if that sucker moved to the tank i would have seriously probably bailed off the bike.
nice....

mine was when i first started i locked up my back brake and skid across belt way and bellair while the light was red and just as i pass the light there was a gap in traffic and i came to a stop in the center of the street just before the coming lanes i almost passed out from death to drivin 20mph the rest the day... and i didnt even know they had this thing called a helmet back then...
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:04 AM   #72
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Oh yeah another was watching Ian (chrisscott on here white R6) get thrown off the HOV overpass onto 59N and get ran over......I did some soul searching that night.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #73
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
sorry but that is hilarious!!! jumping off a moving bike due to a spider on your gas tank would have been ALMOST as bad as throwing your bike onto the ground at a stop light cuz a squirrel was humping your leg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
nice....

mine was when i first started i locked up my back brake and skid across belt way and bellair while the light was red and just as i pass the light there was a gap in traffic and i came to a stop in the center of the street just before the coming lanes i almost passed out from death to drivin 20mph the rest the day... and i didnt even know they had this thing called a helmet back then...
Old 11-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #74
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blends View Post
sorry but that is hilarious!!! jumping off a moving bike due to a spider on your gas tank would have been ALMOST as bad as throwing your bike onto the ground at a stop light cuz a squirrel was humping your leg!

I know it sounds dumb but im seriously that way, if you put a spider near me ill cry like a little bish, I got run over trail riding 4wheelers a few years back, I was leading the group on my new raptor and went through a banana spider web, i started panicing and rolled off the back of the quad without slowing down my best friend was right behind me and couldnt stop in time hit me doing about 30 mph, Had to explain to the doctors and parents why i crashed a new quad and ended up in the emergency room room. My friends said even though i was hurt i kept screaming to get the spider off.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #75
shsu1k

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
I jumped outta my car at a light once b/c of a bee...
im guilty of bailing out of a moving car because of a bee
shsu1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #76
JGrein05

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
04 CRF 250 plated

Some dumb dumb tried to come over into my lane and i had to rev it up and honk alot to let the nim rod to let him know i was there! in the end i was at the edge of the lane. That will get your heart pumping.
JGrein05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #77
Wormgear

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

All this spider and bee talk reminds me. One time, on a trip to the sisters I discovered a not so happy but apparently healthy bee on the wrong side of my helmet. Think I went from 60 to parked with lid off in about 5 seconds.

Advertisement