MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2008, 10:59 PM   #41
striker
Zip Tie Guy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
ha! thats what i was thinking, but i didnt wanna get off topic...so thanks for doing it for me!!

jersey!! I just had a friend move from there, arrived thurday!!

and...
lee, you better knock off that target fixating!!!!
cant say i havent done it tho~!! Cuz i have

i know that's right

Lee Harvey Oswald: Where are you when we need you?
striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the scariest mc crashes caught. on tape craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 09-15-2013 11:39 AM
★Moto Insurance, Moto-Houston.com t-shirts are in.. TnTEntR1 Moto Insurance 2 05-22-2011 01:11 AM
Scariest hike in the world... Corona Busa General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 12-31-2008 11:14 AM
Take 1 Moment To see this... __NATE__ Off Topic 7 11-26-2008 07:14 AM
Scariest Movie Trailer I've Seen In Quite A While ArturoC Off Topic 23 09-13-2006 12:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2008, 11:01 PM   #42
99 Chris
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000

User is banned

99 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:01 PM   #43
striker
Zip Tie Guy

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2003 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes-si View Post
That last one!

yea i had words to go along with that face tho!

Lee Harvey Oswald: Where are you when we need you?
striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:02 PM   #44
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

When I crashed on Racer rd back in 05 I thought I was done for. Dumb mistake, riding way too fast and way over my head at the time.

And what should have freaked me out at msr last time when I went offroading at MPH, It didnt bother me much....I was calm and collected the entire time....(respectively)
Old 11-18-2008, 11:10 PM   #45
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
When I crashed on Racer rd back in 05 I thought I was done for.
Same for me! Got forced off Racer's road in a blind curve by a fellow rider with Candie riding behind me...highsided in dirt once left pavement and saw dirt/sky/dirt/sky/dirt! Was blessed to stop about 1 foot from barbed wire fence and with no broken bones....had some pretty serious bruises though! Took me a while to get those images out of my head and that's when I decided it was time to take it to the track!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #46
mikes-si

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2006 kawasaki zx-6r

Another one: I hit it in first, forgetting the bike runs a OF ALOT BETTER in the cold, did an unexpected wheelie and had the worst headshake when I came down, thought i was going to go down but i gripped those bars as tight as i could and straightend out. lol time for a stabalizer ASAP lol
mikes-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #47
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Happened in California when I was on a Honda.

After purchasing set Honda from the accident I hadnt gone back to Honda or track.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:17 PM   #48
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
When I crashed on Racer rd back in 05 I thought I was done for. Dumb mistake, riding way too fast and way over my head at the time.

And what should have freaked me out at msr last time when I went offroading at MPH, It didnt bother me much....I was calm and collected the entire time....(respectively)
I had front row to that. I can belive you calmly got that back on the track at 100+. Def. a cool cat. I have yet to do that. Dont know how I would react. I know what I am "supposed" to do (what you did) but ya never know when it is really happening what I will do.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:24 PM   #49
Blackjack
7Fiddy Ryda

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 750

I only had ridden my Ninja twice before riding with a group. We were riding near Fayetteville. There was a small hill that led into a right hand, descending, blind turn. One guy came in too hot, couldn't make the turn, locked up brakes, went over the double yellow and crashed in opposite ditch. The guy behind him was fixated, ran into the crashing bike, and went into the ditch too. Both bikes were totaled with bent/cracked frames. No one was hurt. It shook me up. I didn't ride in a group until Tiatool started forest rides this past summer.
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:37 PM   #50
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

doing a wheelie with a cop behind my . he then tryed to say I was racing the car next to me. tryed to tae me to jail. needless to say i dont do wheelies around my house anymore and look around for the popo first
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:41 PM   #51
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

oh riding on a back rode with liesicki and hit some big bumps or something thought i was going to eat but managed to grab my handlebars before it was to late
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #52
Cornbread
Cornelius Breadington

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Huffy

Send a message via AIM to Cornbread Send a message via Yahoo to Cornbread
I had a deer jump out in front of me on Hwy 4 between Santa Fe and Los Alamos, NM. I was on my old ZR-7S. I had a passenger with me and couldn't bear the thought of getting her into a crash.

The funny part is that she was 6'2, so she could actually look over my head as we rode.
Cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:53 PM   #53
smokinjoe
Señor Membero

Bike(s):
Honor Cycle 5000
╯°□°)╯┻━┻

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to smokinjoe
when my bike was lowered, i bottomed it out going about 100 through a corner in the forest,, the rebound from the suspension almost bucked me off and it scratched the lower fairings.... i was super wide eyed for like a minute and just putted along after that.. the next week i raised it back up to stock height and had the suspension setup to my weight...
Old 11-19-2008, 12:24 AM   #54
ALEXD
HOUSTUNNAS

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05 R6
SOLD-00 GSXR 750 StreetFighter
SOLD- 99 GSXR 600
SOLD-01 YAMAHA R6
03 600 RR

just got done raining i was on a small curve going 30mph and was approaching a light i was slowing down and the rear came out from under me the bike went sideways and then fell over i slid for about 100 feet with the bike behind me and stopped right behind a cars tires and the worst thing was all the cars that saw me wreck just drove around me like nothing happened and didnt even ask if i was alright
ALEXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:50 AM   #55
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Dude! This reminds me...the other day I was cruising through town...ya know, chillin with my on the back, wheeling from stoplight to stoplight cause that's what gets it done in this town. Anywayz...I'm cruising easy, flippin the "what up?" fingers to my homies riding by when I feel this rush of hot air blow past me! I don't see anything besides me or in the rear (cause I have no mirrors) and right in front of me is this Apache hovering at the next light! He pulls up a bit to let me stroll up, and I see he's giving me the "Let's go" sign...ya knows how I roll - I never back down! So I got it revved up to about 19,500k and I told the "hold on, gurl!"and the light changed and I pulled on this muhhfukka by like, three lengths! I skipped second gear and went straight to third(cause you can get up to speed faster that way) and I even shifted as my flip flop flew off!! So I see the Apache gaining on me and I am almost to the next light and I see I have 178 mph on the speedo but it's hard yo, cause my tank top kept blowing up in to my face. I just said "screw it" and up shifted in to six and I was like "whoa, I am going 198 mph and I am almost at the next light!". I knew I already won so I just put the kickstand down and I was waiting for him to catch up....the guy was cool...he was all like "Duuuude, you're really fast. If you would have given me four lengths I would have beaten you! He shook my hand and said my ol' lady was hot and flew off. Ya know the best part of all this? A cop pulled up and gave me back my flip flop and said "If you would have lost, son, I would have given you a freakin ticket!" . The cop was so cool he lead me home with his sirens on. When in doubt, just gas it!!
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:45 AM   #56
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Dude! This reminds me...the other day I was cruising through town...ya know, chillin with my on the back, wheeling from stoplight to stoplight cause that's what gets it done in this town. Anywayz...I'm cruising easy, flippin the "what up?" fingers to my homies riding by when I feel this rush of hot air blow past me! I don't see anything besides me or in the rear (cause I have no mirrors) and right in front of me is this Apache hovering at the next light! He pulls up a bit to let me stroll up, and I see he's giving me the "Let's go" sign...ya knows how I roll - I never back down! So I got it revved up to about 19,500k and I told the "hold on, gurl!"and the light changed and I pulled on this muhhfukka by like, three lengths! I skipped second gear and went straight to third(cause you can get up to speed faster that way) and I even shifted as my flip flop flew off!! So I see the Apache gaining on me and I am almost to the next light and I see I have 178 mph on the speedo but it's hard yo, cause my tank top kept blowing up in to my face. I just said "screw it" and up shifted in to six and I was like "whoa, I am going 198 mph and I am almost at the next light!". I knew I already won so I just put the kickstand down and I was waiting for him to catch up....the guy was cool...he was all like "Duuuude, you're really fast. If you would have given me four lengths I would have beaten you! He shook my hand and said my ol' lady was hot and flew off. Ya know the best part of all this? A cop pulled up and gave me back my flip flop and said "If you would have lost, son, I would have given you a freakin ticket!" . The cop was so cool he lead me home with his sirens on. When in doubt, just gas it!!
BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #57
MudBug
Banned

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #58
cbr600F4

Experience: 2 years

riding on the feeder of 59 bought to get on the highway. doing about 85, well last minute a semi decided he is going to get on the highway. i was coming up on him about 50ft away. panic braked, loacked the rear slid to where i was trapt between the barrier and the semi. Last second, i dropped 2 gears and gassed the out of. made it by with about 2inches on either side on the bike, that fool neva saw see untill i was in front of him telling him, he was number one in my book. was a bit shaken up when i made it to work.

Owner - Texas Hydrographics
www.texashg.com
cbr600F4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #59
Wormgear

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

Hit a freekin wheelbarrow riding a V-Max on 59 at about 70 mph. It acted like a jump ramp and I swear me and that bike were 20 ft in the air (so I know it was at least 3-4 ft). Seemed like I was airborne forever. I remember thinking “this is not going to land well, wonder if the car behind me will run me over”.
Got some pretty bad head shake on landing but otherwise just rode thru it. Yee-Haw! Life’s good when you’re lucky.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:44 AM   #60
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

first time looping 610 by reliant, had some wicked wobble going about 80ish. my front wheel was on one of those 'tar snakes'. first time that had happened and it was scary. later that same ride, up on north side of 610 that last curve where you merge into I-10, was going to hot into that turn and thought i was gonna smash into the wall. leaned a bit further and throttled through, i was wide eyed for a bit after that.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement