MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
navigator
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Rockwall Racing Stealth Plastics

Has anyone heard of or used these? Need plastics for the Daytona and found a decent price on them.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Military Stealth Moto! I want one! Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-12-2013 11:53 PM
Stealth rider ALEXD Stunters Lounge 17 09-14-2010 04:52 AM
Rockwall Performance Fairings DaveJHotch General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-16-2009 12:27 AM
Stealth Squad Cars PoPoRiderRR Off Topic 33 04-16-2008 09:02 AM
Stealth Sprockets? Low Performance and Modifications 14 03-20-2007 05:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

i think maybe Ty Howard has something to do with those but i could be wrong. he just went into a joint venture with someone doing something kinda big but don't remember exactly what it was.
CarbonJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
About our STEALTH SERIES, this bodywork is revolutionary for the racing industry. We have tried thousands of formulas and material combinations to acquire the best possible result after years of research we found the best possible combination and weíre calling it the Stealth series we dare you to try it with our 100% satisfaction warranty, compare us with the rest and find out why we are simply the best!

We have come up with the most versatile combination in the market.

∑ Our bodywork is up to 3 lbs lighter than the competition.

∑ Our bodywork is extremely flexible! Making for an extremely easy installation.

∑ No spider cracking gel coat less crack resistance and no splintering when crashing.

∑ Our bodywork comes with 100% satisfaction guaranteed! No one in the industry does this!

∑ Our bodywork is more flexible than ABS plastic yet rigid, strong and durable.

∑ Space age composites make our bodywork the best in the industry.

∑ 100% Ready to paint! Finished inside and out with black primer.

∑ 100% AMA LEGAL and meets all club requirements, we have a very strict quality control when it comes to our products.

∑ We donít sell what we donít use!

∑ Street OEM replacement parts in fiberglass available as well!

Racer support programs available as well as a referral programs. $50 off every additional bodywork set purchased. $50 for you when your buddy buys a set and every additional set!

Feel you have what it takes? Ask us about our great sponsorship program!
It seems that they have something to do with Aaron Gobert. They also sell the I-Race imported stuff but insist the Stealth brand is top of the line.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:28 PM   #4
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Member Garage

Rockwall is distributing them out of their Rockwall Honda store, Chase Vivion is pimpin' them right now.

IMHO, they are decent, but are on the "cheap" end of the Chinese bodywork.

If you're going to get cheap bodywork, might as well buy the cheapest you can find. I've found sets on Ebay for around $250+ shipping (I think it's Pit-Ek or E-Racing). F1 Racing also makes bodywork, and it's like $320 to your door.

IF you get any of the cheap brands, you can count on one of a number or all of these things:

Fitment issues where you'll have to trim it up or modify it
Finish issues where it will look "OK", but is actually brittle and may have air bubbles under the gel coat.
Durability issues where it will completely shatter upon impact, even light impacts.

Not all the above are absolutes, but despite other's claims to the contrary, I have yet to see a set that doesn't have at least ONE of those issues, usually two or all three though.

I've seen F1, Yoshimitsu, Pit-Ek, E-Racing, Hotbodies (which some are claiming are Yoshimitsu now), Godfather... you name it.

If you don't care about those issues and the cost is the driving factor, rock on, but again, I'd just find the cheapest stuff on Ebay and get it.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

thanks for the Attack stuff Tom!
CarbonJames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
mike

Member Garage

I have the Rockwall cheap plastics on my SV. It's the I-Race series. If the stealth series is anywhere close to it than I'd not pay the higher price. I had to fabricate a couple of brackets and cut into the bodywork to fit a windshield. They told me to use a different fairing stay but the original on the SV worked just fine. The windshield they told me would fit was not even close.
I'll be at TWS (Texas World Speedway) this Sunday, you're more than welcome to check out the bodywork.

Mike
Old 11-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #7
MANSON6

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 636

I bought the cheap E-racings brand for my bike since it's just a trackbike and paid $325 to my door. They fit perfect with minimal trimming just around where the headers run down and that's it. They have been in a crash at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and all the damage was on the tail section which was reglassed and still looks like new, Although the finish isnt perfect it's just a trackbike with a Krylon paint job. Does it's job and it didn't break the bank. Get whatever you can afford they are all decent and like Tom says they all have there issues. I had a buddy buy the cheatah brand and paid twice as much and had a of a time just to get them to even come close to fitting the bike, And he has the same bike as me.

Last edited by MANSON6; 11-18-2008 at 08:48 PM.
MANSON6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #8
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANSON6 View Post
I bought the cheap E-racings brand for my bike since it's just a trackbike and paid $325 to my door. They fit perfect with minimal trimming just around where the headers run down and that's it. They have been in a crash at TWS (Texas World Speedway) and all the damage was on the tail section which was reglassed and still looks like new, Although the finish isnt perfect it's just a trackbike with a Krylon paint job. Does it's job and it didn't break the bank. Get whatever you can afford they are all decent and like Tom says they all have there issues. I had a buddy buy the cheatah brand and paid twice as much and had a of a time just to get them to even come close to fitting the bike, And he has the same bike as me.
Actually, no, they don't "all" have their issues. Attack Performance is right, all the time, every time. It's by far the best on the market, better than Sharkskinz and about $400 cheaper too.

If you want awesome fit/ finish/ durability, Attack Performance is the ONLY way to go.

Your buddy with the Cheetah is in the minority with fitment issues with that brand. Not many folks having fitment issues with Cheetah.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #9
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

I'm not looking for cheap. Don't want throw away stuff. Just want good bang for my buck. I don't mind paying more if the value is there but if a $500 set is as good as a BIG NAME $700 set I don't need to pay the extra for bragging rights.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #10
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Actually, no, they don't "all" have their issues. Attack Performance is right, all the time, every time. It's by far the best on the market, better than Sharkskinz and about $400 cheaper too.

If you want awesome fit/ finish/ durability, Attack Performance is the ONLY way to go.

Your buddy with the Cheetah is in the minority with fitment issues with that brand. Not many folks having fitment issues with Cheetah.
Who sells Attack Performance locally? I would like to check availabiltiy and pricing for my 675.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:54 PM   #11
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
Who sells Attack Performance locally? I would like to check availabiltiy and pricing for my 675.
Alas, they don't make it for your Daytona, but if you want it for your other bike, Patrick sells Attack at Motorcycles Unlimited

You will not, out of any brand made, get a set for $500 or less that has the quality of the $700+ sets. Sorry dude, that's just the way it is.

If you want to save some money, bodywork is one way of doing it- you just have to make some sacrifices in some areas.

I've got some Hotbodies on my new bike right now, and it fits like azz. As soon as I get the suspension done, I'm ordering up some Attack Performance and put this Hotbodies in the "spares" pile
Old 11-18-2008, 10:20 PM   #12
rc51eviltwin

in my opinion,i think it goes from bike to bike on diff bodykits.
i have a set of hotbodies on my gsxr and they fit like a glove,i also bought a cbr600 with some hotbodies and they fit like total AZZ.
and when i tweak it it starts to go 'smack crackle pop".
heck i once even pushed my thumb through it
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #13
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
Contact Larry M with Racer Supply, he sells some body work too. Its 3 something a set and looks pretty good.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #14
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

i just bought a street upper from rockwall for my 954. I WILL NOT BUY IT AGAIN, enough said.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:29 PM   #15
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody1010 View Post
Contact Larry M with Racer Supply, he sells some body work too. Its 3 something a set and looks pretty good.
He sells Yoshimitsu, it's no different than the other Chinese brands out there.

Hit up Ebay and get the cheapest you can find if money is an issue- you're going to get the same thing anyway, why spend more money?

If you want something good, you're just going to have to fork out some cash- well worth it IMHO.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 AM   #16
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

Quote:
must be the higher end chinese stuff. they fit better and crash better than the piteck or eracing stuff. i'd buy it over the ebay stuff.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 AM   #17
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

of course, if you can afford it, attack is the only way to go.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:34 AM   #18
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
Quote:
Just throwing options out there, not everyone can afford the good stuff. I might be giving you a call next season tom for some body work next year.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #19
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody1010 View Post
Just throwing options out there, not everyone can afford the good stuff. I might be giving you a call next season tom for some body work next year.
No problem, I'm sure Patrick can give you a good hookup on Attack too

I wasn't arguing with you at all, you're right, but if you're going to go cheap, might as well save all those pennies- they all come from the same place anyway ya know?

I've never asked Patrick about the cheap bodywork- it may not even be worth his time to get it financially. Don't hurt to ask though!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #20
0oAndyo0
Trying togo fast again!

Experience: 4-8 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Race bike forsale!
2006 GSXR Race bike SOLD!!!
2007 GSXR 750 SOLD!!!
2001 GSXR 600 SOLD!!!
2007 R1 SOLD!!!

ehhhHh e-racing wasnt that bad at all, out lasted 1 low side and still going. Sad thing about that company they closed down

Advertisement