MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2008, 12:58 AM   #101
ROADandTRACK

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Too many to list

Forty SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cmra round 1 MSRH schedule out ninenine Taking it to the Track 18 01-27-2013 10:29 PM
CMRA 2009 Mini Race Schedule CarbonJames Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 0 12-14-2008 04:12 PM
2009 CMRA Race Schedule-UPDATE AS OF 12/14/08 CarbonJames Taking it to the Track 1 12-14-2008 04:08 PM
2008 CMRA Schedule CarbonJames Taking it to the Track 1 02-08-2008 11:19 AM
2007 CMRA Schedule SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 14 10-12-2006 06:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2008, 07:41 AM   #102
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADandTRACK View Post
If you have a 46 tooth rear and there is a 10mph wind from the north at MSRH in July 2008 and then in July of 2009 you have a 10mph SSE wind.

What size sprocket do you use?
The math equals 46.5, do they make half size sprockets? If not, is it better to round up or down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Guys, did we forget the is club level racing...NOT the AMA or higher?

Im dissapointed, but Im not going to get -hurt over it. I cant do jack about it, so why complain the way alot of us are? Be glad we have orgs in which to race with.

my 2 cents.

we didnt ask for it Chris
Old 11-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #103
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
Guys, did we forget the is club level racing...NOT the AMA or higher?
No one whines this much when the AMA doesn't come to town.

Quote:
Be glad we have orgs in which to race with.
Two orgs? We could have 20 orgs and it wouldn't matter to some. Or, maybe I should say it would matter too much. Some of the complainers here aren't even racers and aren't even effective wannabe racers. They are "I told a dude I met while watching a track day one day that I might wanna go racing because five people on MH said I was fast so I said I might wanna try it but I'll only race one or two events 'cause I'm broke and I'm saving up to buy an F4i to try stunting with but I'll only race if I can do it at a track within 30 minutes of my house and only if that track is a big bike track 'cause no one good races a mini because that can't possibly be any fun and real men don't ride mini bikes on the track anyway and CRF50s don't count because you can stunt them even though I don't have one of those either so I am saving for one of those too and I'll only race if there are few enough people on the grids that I might win a trophy in case I'm not as fast as everyone says..." kind of people.

These people have missed the first point about racing and racing operations, so I don't have any lofty expectations about them getting any other points about it.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #104
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
Some of the complainers here aren't even racers and aren't even effective wannabe racers. They are "I told a dude I met while watching a track day one day that I might wanna go racing because five people on MH said I was fast so I said I might wanna try it but I'll only race one or two events 'cause I'm broke and I'm saving up to buy an F4i to try stunting with but I'll only race if I can do it at a track within 30 minutes of my house and only if that track is a big bike track 'cause no one good races a mini because that can't possibly be any fun and real men don't ride mini bikes on the track anyway and CRF50s don't count because you can stunt them even though I don't have one of those either so I am saving for one of those too and I'll only race if there are few enough people on the grids that I might win a trophy in case I'm not as fast as everyone says..." kind of people.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #105
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:

Two orgs? We could have 20 orgs and it wouldn't matter to some. Or, maybe I should say it would matter too much. Some of the complainers here aren't even racers and aren't even effective wannabe racers. They are "I told a dude I met while watching a track day one day that I might wanna go racing because five people on MH said I was fast so I said I might wanna try it but I'll only race one or two events 'cause I'm broke and I'm saving up to buy an F4i to try stunting with but I'll only race if I can do it at a track within 30 minutes of my house and only if that track is a big bike track 'cause no one good races a mini because that can't possibly be any fun and real men don't ride mini bikes on the track anyway and CRF50s don't count because you can stunt them even though I don't have one of those either so I am saving for one of those too and I'll only race if there are few enough people on the grids that I might win a trophy in case I'm not as fast as everyone says..." kind of people.

These people have missed the first point about racing and racing operations, so I don't have any lofty expectations about them getting any other points about it.

FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #106
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:

:no tworthy:

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #107
Turnerscasa
Box it, or bin it!

Bike(s):
2008 CBR1000RR
2007 GSXR750

This thread sucks.
Turnerscasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #108
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerscasa View Post
This thread sucks.
Yep. Welcome to MH.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #109
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:

so im not going to finish 3rd out of a grid of 3 at MSRH this year? wait real men dont cry:an gry4:

Last edited by THE DEAN OF LEAN; 11-21-2008 at 10:52 AM. Reason: forgot to bang my head
THE DEAN OF LEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:54 AM   #110
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:

Yet we have some old school racers, expert racers, CMRA loyalists who lurk here every now and then to get good deals, make smart comments, love to promote their businesses, give a hard time to new comers etc etc.

The field is even in my opinion...

and this thread has strayed waay off its course.

Since alot of you "real" racers have inside scoop, can you guys clue me in on when or which track the CMRA intends on doing the cross over with tmgp?

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #111
ROADandTRACK

Bike(s):
Too many to list

Hey Moe, You forgot to ask a question.

Oh you did.

But if you've been paying attention you would know the answer.

Last edited by ROADandTRACK; 11-21-2008 at 11:13 AM.
ROADandTRACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #112
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADandTRACK View Post
Hey Moe, You forgot to ask a question.
I did... look up again

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:50 PM   #113
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
Yet we have some old school racers, expert racers, CMRA loyalists who lurk here every now and then to get good deals, make smart comments, love to promote their businesses, give a hard time to new comers etc etc.

The field is even in my opinion...

and this thread has strayed waay off its course.

Since alot of you "real" racers have inside scoop, can you guys clue me in on when or which track the CMRA intends on doing the cross over with tmgp?
Once again though, I seem to remember Chris Corder mentioning in the schedule thread that it was going to be the June OHR race that may possibly be the cross-over race.

Now, this is a stretch, but a seasoned racer like you might be able to pull it off. Try to email Walter or Nancy. I know it sounds crazy, but trust me, you may actually get an official answer -or- you'll be told that they don't know yet but an announcement will be forth coming. You can be the guinea pig and see if that method works, maybe you can report back with your results?

I dunno, I'm not that smart.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #114
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I'm going with 64 tooth for $100 Alex!
pizza pan ftmfw
Old 11-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #115

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR 750

Yea but 3 times at that hole oak hill. WTF!!!!!!!
450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #116
ROADandTRACK

Bike(s):
Too many to list

Only 2x on a big bike! WTF!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #117
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

guess ill be practicing at oak hill all winter. anyone wanna join me?
Old 11-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #118
BKLYNBULLET
OFF!

i'll be at the hill a lot with dustin
Old 11-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #119
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNBULLET View Post
i'll be at the hill a lot with dustin
yeah maybe i can make it out there with ya'll. have you been yet? I am still waiting for my suspension work to be donw, 2 weeks

Advertisement