MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #61
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
Fast or not. Still costly IMO.

Pretty much anything other than Cresson or MSRH you want to stay at a hotel. I have drove to TWS (Texas World Speedway) rode a day and drove back in the same day and it was miserable ride home.
I have no idea where pearville is so I can't say much, but TWS (Texas World Speedway) is ~1 hour from me, and I don't flinch at making that drive home.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So true.. Danurse General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 01-25-2013 10:42 AM
Is It True C.Hern5972 Taking it to the Track 61 10-13-2008 02:15 PM
A true example fidelitas88 Off Topic 15 07-18-2008 11:49 AM
Can't believe this is true... dhdrider Off Topic 7 08-11-2007 09:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #62
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Rider View Post
It seems that some people have the opinion that if you don't go to a track you can't max your bike out. Not true but the alternative isn't as safe as on the track where help involves friendly bikers versus angry cagers plus the police.
If you're dragging your knee at over 100mph on a public street.......you deserve to be behind bars, end of story. So I guess its not that you CAN'T max out your bike on the street.....you'd just be retarded to even think about doing so.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 11-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #63
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Sportbikes are for posing, duh...

That's why bikes have helmet locks, so the girls can justify your ugly mug and the prettiness of your bike and make a decision then and there.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #64
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Rider View Post
It seems that some people have the opinion that if you don't go to a track you can't max your bike out. Not true but the alternative isn't as safe as on the track where help involves friendly bikers versus angry cagers plus the police.

Hool im sure you have maxed your bike on the street. And im not talking only about speed.

Then again if your a real rider unlike most quasi real riders you put more than 3000 miles on your bike a year.

If you ride for real it is cheaper to go to the track because your bike gets a consistent beating and gets used to it versus Beating your bike sporadically
and your bike never gets used to it and that why people blow engines ect on new bikes.

In the multitude of counsel there is wisdom
But hey to each his/her own

Its your bike, your dime but remeber a lot of people have already ridden this path long before any of us got here and it would be wise to build off the foundation of others and avoid the same mistakes.

Hool is just a very caring . so...... Thanks hool for the tip
Lol badazz reply!

I actually havnt maxed my bike out on the street and I would say if I ever tried I would be dead. To much of the unknown and bumpy or uneven corners on the backroads to ride 100percent. Sure you can drag knee on 3090, just hang off the bike and stick your knee out, but bumps in the road and cars ect. keep you from pushin it to max. Now when it comes to speed, sure I have bounced off the rev in 6th gear on a 600 on the track , anyone can twist the throttle and go straight.

Example- Turn 1 at TWS (Texas World Speedway), going into it at 140mph on a stock bike will, IMO, max out the stock suspension.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #65
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
I have no idea where pearville is so I can't say much, but TWS (Texas World Speedway) is ~1 hour from me, and I don't flinch at making that drive home.
2hrs 12 mins ideally....In a 4 banger ranger pulling a trailer. closer to 3. I hit 60-65 downwind with the trailer.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #66
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

TWS (Texas World Speedway) is doable, but not fun to make it all in one day. Cresson or other tracks is just to far to do it all in one day.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #67
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
2hrs 12 mins ideally....In a 4 banger ranger pulling a trailer. closer to 3. I hit 60-65 downwind with the trailer.
My tow rig is crewcab F250 with cruise control, and satellite radio. An hour dive is almost relaxing.

2.25 hours one way would be a little much. I could totally see going up the night before, and camping out......depending on the temp.

CMRA #302
Old 11-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #68
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Quote:
If you're dragging your knee at over 100mph on a public street.......you deserve to be behind bars, end of story. So I guess its not that you CAN'T max out your bike on the street.....you'd just be retarded to even think about doing so.
Have you ever drug knee going 100+ on the street?? Fayetteville, 3090 ect??
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #69
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Have you ever drug knee going 100+ on the street?? Fayetteville, 3090 ect??

No way in . I've had two lowsides (one quite painful) on the street at much saner speeds. There's no way in you could convince me to even attempt it.

CMRA #302
Old 11-17-2008, 02:59 PM   #70
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
You must not ride in Houston. I can't relax on a streetbike. Too many drivers. At least on the track, no one is going to cut me off on their cellphone in an F250. In Oklahoma (where I came from 2 months ago) street riding was a lot more fun....I only almost died once per ride as opposed to once per minute in Houston.
i try to stay off the busy streets as much as possible
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #71
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i try to stay off the busy streets as much as possible
I live 1/4 mile from where I-45 and I-10 intersect. There's no such thing as non-busy streets.

CMRA #302
Old 11-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #72
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
I live 1/4 mile from where I-45 and I-10 intersect. There's no such thing as non-busy streets.
i live 30 seconds from 45 south in league city... it's not far for me to be able to get out into the country where i can just cruise and relax
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #73
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i live 30 seconds from 45 south in league city... it's not far for me to be able to get out into the country where i can just cruise and relax

lucky ...... I'm 15 minutes in any direction from suburbia, let alone urbia.

CMRA #302
Old 11-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #74
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

That's right. Most people with sportbikes are not interested in track days. specially the young ones.

If I can have afford a second and disposable bike, maybe I'll try a track day. but maybe only once, I think they are expensive and they ask for too much : full leathers, full helmet, safety-wire, no lights, no mirrors....too much hassle.

Also I'm into riding because is efficient and more practical than driving if you are on your own. For me the real challenge is riding the streets of Houston, is a lot of fun playing "dodgeball" with all the cagers trying to kill me..!!! it keeps me sharp. Never being on the track but looks boring and dangerous, everybody trying to be the fastest..!!! Not everybody respect the rules, to much testosterone IMHO, but if that's what makes you happy go ahead..!!!

I like a lot the look of sportbikes, but I do not think they belong on the street, not practical for carry at least your everyday stuff, very unconfortable position specially if you are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.

For me a cruiser or a sport-touring bike.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #75
ROADandTRACK

Bike(s):
Too many to list

Quote:
I have drove to TWS (Texas World Speedway) rode a day and drove back in the same day and it was miserable ride home.
Thats funny right there!!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:43 PM   #76
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post

If I can have afford a second and disposable bike, maybe I'll try a track day. but maybe only once, I think they are expensive and they ask for too much : full leathers, full helmet, safety-wire, no lights, no mirrors....too much hassle.
Someone told you wrong. Safety wiring is not required for trackdays. Also, you don't have to REMOVE your lights and mirrors. You can just tape over them. Takes 15 minutes, or 5 if you don't care what it looks like.

CMRA #302
Old 11-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #77
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADandTRACK View Post
Thats funny right there!!!!
When your truck can only go @ 60 mph with a trailer and your exhausted from a track day. It's not fun.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:53 PM   #78
Cbr954Dave

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 954RR

I did a track day at TWS (Texas World Speedway) back in 2002 on my old CBR600F3. For the money i spent getting the bike ready and getting to the track and all. I just thought it wasnt worth it.
Cbr954Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #79
hughes40
Staatsfeind Nr. 1

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6
2003 Sv650
2003 CBR 600rr
2003 Katana -pos
Mongoose Circa 87

Send a message via MSN to hughes40 Send a message via Yahoo to hughes40 Send a message via Skype™ to hughes40
i wouldn't do a track day. i am part of that lame bunch.
track day's to me, is like playing in a fantasy sports leagues.
street bike's in my opinion, are made/meant for FOR STREET.
you can't be a superhero at 40. let it go . . . .
Old 11-17-2008, 05:04 PM   #80
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Hooligan /hate hate hate =p

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!