MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2008, 01:29 AM   #81
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

i wouldnt worry about your bike getting stolen. its only a honda. not exactly high on the "bike i have to have" list.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help need my bike picked up im in 45glf frwy dosequisxx Off Topic 7 10-08-2012 12:50 AM
turning left from right lane takes out bike. Vid. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 10-19-2010 11:25 PM
im off and im bored im gonna go riding anyone else off and bored?8/04/08 Croe Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-04-2008 03:01 PM
thats it im done taking my bike to the dealer ship AznGoneNuts General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 09-14-2007 05:53 PM
this is what i stunt in when im not on the bike. Din General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 08-08-2005 12:55 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2008, 02:03 AM   #82
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know its just really grinds my gears! I try to be considerate and share a spot with the car and bike cause yes if i really wanted to i could stretch them out and take 3 full spots, but all in all it REALLY me off to have someone i dont know that close to something ive spent so much money and time on. Seriously the girl is very lucky i didnt kick the front of her car in since its was so close to my bike, but i would never want anyone to vandalize any of my belongings so i would never do it to anyone else.
Dude, I have an SUV, an old Honda Accord work car and a bike too. But I have 1 assigned parking spot. The bike and the SUV fit in my assigned spot and the car just gets parked wherever I can find an empty spot. I'm lucky cause I know both ppl that park next to me on either side.

One guy I met during packing for the hurricane and he was leaving and let me use his assigned spot if I needed it. The other one is a good looking chick that cut me off on my bike as we were both exiting the freeway one late night. Well, we both ended up driving to (almost) the exact same spot and she thought I was following her cause she cut me off. She was scared to get out of her car! When I parked my bike, she recognized it was always parked there and apologized....

Nope, I didnt get her number...
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:13 AM   #83
Azylum
The Chosen One

^haha

at my old apt we had to pay for our covered parking. yup, we even had a douche bag towed from it once too.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:26 AM   #84
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
I was just saying im not worried about the plates on the car cause it is no how related to me, its not in my name in my moms name and the info will lead to my old house cause ive never changed my DL info when i moved to houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasee69 View Post
i was just saying you can still find out where you live..
something like this fill in the missing letters of the apt complex
S** H***
Quote:
Ok i gotcha now thanks wasnt really trying to be a smart earlier but didnt think it mattered if plates showed

PWN3D
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:54 AM   #85
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
^haha

at my old apt we had to pay for our covered parking. yup, we even had a douche bag towed from it once too.
Someone parked in my assigned once. I left a note on the windshield with the number to the wrecker company. I told them to keep it cause they would need it the next time they decided to park in my spot!

There was alot of empty parking around that day anyway, and it was actually closer to my apt than my assigned.
Now if they had done it again...
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:19 AM   #86
av8_r22

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2005 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Does anyone else think Tony pulled a move Who crowned you king of the parking lot?
That was my initial thought, too.

I thought about it a little more and really, he's occupying the space with his bike. Just because he's not occupying much of it, doesn't mean someone else has the right to take what's left of it.

That's why I recommended TAKING more of the spot, so someone won't try to squeeze in. A motorcycle has every right to use up an entire spot as a car does.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:35 AM   #87
cobra281

Feedback Rating: (0)

Member Garage

Quote:
I was just saying im not worried about the plates on the car cause it is no how related to me, its not in my name in my moms name and the info will lead to my old house cause ive never changed my DL info when i moved to houston
You should do that. That ticket is totally avoidable.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #88
Azylum
The Chosen One

Nice to see a mod change the title of the thread in such a mature manner.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #89
Slowkat
Nutty Buddy

Send a message via AIM to Slowkat
Dont worrie about it too much. You Park it in an apartment carport so itll get stolen soon anyway..

PS put that bike inside or in a garage.

Last edited by Slowkat; 11-19-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Slowkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #90
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CubanGIXXER Send a message via Yahoo to CubanGIXXER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Dude, I have an SUV, an old Honda Accord work car and a bike too. But I have 1 assigned parking spot. The bike and the SUV fit in my assigned spot and the car just gets parked wherever I can find an empty spot. I'm lucky cause I know both ppl that park next to me on either side.

One guy I met during packing for the hurricane and he was leaving and let me use his assigned spot if I needed it. The other one is a good looking chick that cut me off on my bike as we were both exiting the freeway one late night. Well, we both ended up driving to (almost) the exact same spot and she thought I was following her cause she cut me off. She was scared to get out of her car! When I parked my bike, she recognized it was always parked there and apologized....

Nope, I didnt get her number...

no, but even better .... you know where she lives!!!
CubanGIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #91
JSki

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
Nice to see a mod change the title of the thread in such a mature manner.
+1 on that... it's funny because it seems the circus was too much drama because of what certain members brought to it, but like this is just fine to overlook.

I do respect the rules of the forum so I will leave it at that, but it seems like the policies around here have just become odd, to say the least.

Back on topic, good for you blocking that stupid bia in. I would've been so angry that bad things probably would've happened to that car if it were that close to my bike and I definitely wouldn't have wasted time parking behind it and would've just called the towing company right away instead. Either way, hopefully they learned their lesson and have fun paying the impound and wrecker service fees.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #92
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Dont have a garage to park it in, and i keep bumping the fairings and mirrors on the door jam bringing into the apt, so far now i just chain it to the poll, but hopefully with all the other bikes at the apt mine is the most protected so far and when the others decide to lock theirs up ill just put more than them either way i put i bid in on a new house in P-land so hopefully i get it.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:57 AM   #93
AhmadHasib
Turkey Sammich: Mmmm Good

Experience: 1 year

Unless you own that parking spot (pay for that specific spot), what you did was very contradictory to your actions. Seeing a car block you in you off. To solve be problem, you became a hypocrite and did exactly the same thing. Regardless if whether your bike was blocked or not, I feel what you did was very pointless considering that it DID bug you how you got blocked in. Be mature about situations like this and handle it properly. You were upset and someone blocking you in, so don't do the same, get the car towed.

Yes, she pulled a move of blocking your bike in, but you pulled a move as well by blocking her in. As much as your calling her a bish, it makes you just as much of a bish.

Now if the case is that you own that parking spot, then I take ALL of that back. I went to my brothers apartment complex and there was someone parked in his spot that he pays for. He called the towing company that second. He said he doesn't even care if there are open spots around him, every one of these spots are paid for, and he is not paying $120 a month for someone else to park in his spot, hes paying $120 a month so he can park there. But if it is YOUR parking spot that you pay for, then do what ever the you want to the car.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:53 AM   #94
Valkorin

Bike(s):
06 F4i
Stolen Big Wheel

I feel your pain brother. I had a similar situation.. I have a nice little parking space with a tree in the middle of it, which prevents cars from fitting *at all.* I have been parking my bike there undisputed for almost a month, and it stayed vacant for almost a year before. Now some **** drop pulled her H3 in the middle of the space taking up my spot, plus half of another, and pulled her second car in the other half of the full space, which makes her taking 3 spaces for 2 cars. Especially since the appt manager agrees the Tree spot should be for bikes.
Valkorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #95
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmadHasib View Post
Unless you own that parking spot (pay for that specific spot), what you did was very contradictory to your actions. Seeing a car block you in you off. To solve be problem, you became a hypocrite and did exactly the same thing. Regardless if whether your bike was blocked or not, I feel what you did was very pointless considering that it DID bug you how you got blocked in. Be mature about situations like this and handle it properly. You were upset and someone blocking you in, so don't do the same, get the car towed.

Yes, she pulled a move of blocking your bike in, but you pulled a move as well by blocking her in. As much as your calling her a bish, it makes you just as much of a bish.

Now if the case is that you own that parking spot, then I take ALL of that back. I went to my brothers apartment complex and there was someone parked in his spot that he pays for. He called the towing company that second. He said he doesn't even care if there are open spots around him, every one of these spots are paid for, and he is not paying $120 a month for someone else to park in his spot, hes paying $120 a month so he can park there. But if it is YOUR parking spot that you pay for, then do what ever the you want to the car.

His bike was parked there so he 'owned' the spot.

Looks to me like he did them a favor by not having them towed immediately.

I would have done worse.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #96
stunterdude

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
04 zx10,03 gsxr600,2001 f4i, 03 gsxr 1000, 2006 yzf250,2004crf150,2006 crf 450r,2001 929,06 klx 110

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to stunterdude
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
His bike was parked there so he 'owned' the spot.

Looks to me like he did them a favor by not having them towed immediately.

I would have done worse.
i would have all over the windshield
Old 11-21-2008, 04:11 PM   #97
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

I'm concerned about all the anger, and retribution.... bad karma.

I just wouldn't be out there expecting everyone else in the world to know or be required to care about what to them might be some obscure unknown 'code' of parkinglot etiquette.

I know it was obviously a hassle, that is, if you needed to get your bike out... did you need to get your bike out? Or were you mad because you 'might have' wanted to get your bike out and wouldn't have been able to....?

two wrongs don't make a right, especially when you are more wrong than the other person.

StunterDude - I'm doubting you would have ' all over the windshield'...

And do you really want to ruin someone's day, and maybe their pocketbook, by having them towed when it's really not necessary, really? Where's the community in that Cashtown?

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #98
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

K for being mature about it I'm sorry should have just instantly had it towed, but what fun is that? I would much rather see their face in the morning being when they can't get out of the spot that was already occupied by me! I mean seriously they are gonna have a bad morning either way. I mean option A they wake up to no car or option B they go outside to see they are blocked in and I make it a point for them not to do it again. Plus I can have fun with option b, and as stated by the leasing office I had every right to have them towed immediately since the spot was occupied by me. Was In the right to do what I did? Its debateable. But she had no right to squeeze into a spot that was already occupied by me, I just chose to have some fun with the situation at someone elses expense. Also I understand actions and reactions, she acted on taking an occupied spot which cost her a tow, I took action that could result in her reacting to my property and so I am prepared if she or anyone else acts. So for the people that I in their cheerios because 2 wrongs don't make a right, that's just like your opinion. I don't believe in an eye for an eye I believe in two eyes for an eye.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #99
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Sorry if there's misspelled word or incorrect sentences I'm on my blackberry and there is a shmokin hott lady in the tahoe next to me.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #100
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

on the other hand, you could've taken a step back, realized that making a situation worse by enjoying someone else's pain is sucky and shameful, and chosen to take the high road and try to be decent about it instead. Maybe you could've left a note about it for the future.

Who cares whether she had the right? Are trivial things like that really that important to you? Don't you have anything better to focus on? And the other driver had to pay hard earned money that probably needed to go for food or rent or something important???

I'd say grow up, chill, park correctly, be kind.

Life's better that way.

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement