MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #21
RRCBR

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post
and if he jacks with his stuff.....his car is still blocked in. No where to run and no place to hide!
of course he wont do it then.... he would wait to do this......
RRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help need my bike picked up im in 45glf frwy dosequisxx Off Topic 7 10-08-2012 12:50 AM
turning left from right lane takes out bike. Vid. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 10-19-2010 11:25 PM
im off and im bored im gonna go riding anyone else off and bored?8/04/08 Croe Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-04-2008 03:01 PM
thats it im done taking my bike to the dealer ship AznGoneNuts General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 09-14-2007 05:53 PM
this is what i stunt in when im not on the bike. Din General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 08-08-2005 12:55 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #22
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I for once took my car when I only had one bike and use to park that way. Some jackazz did the same to me.

so I called the cops and had that suv on the tow truck before the 'night cap' came out. Had it towed right infront of her.

When she asked what she had done wrong I said 'I'm going for a ride' Well Im glad she followed the tow truck w her 'new friend' she went home with cuz it was almost 3am, I was still intoxicated and the cop was still around.

"Double parked FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 11-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #23
GQ*
Destiny's daddy!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 250r (sold)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (totaled)
2007 ZX6r (sold)

Member Garage

I think Tony was just fighting fire w/fire. If the driver pulled into the spot and saw the bike why the would he/she decide it was okay to still park there w/another motorized vehicle already occupying the spot?

to Tony for blocking in the guy that took a spot you were already parked in....hope you didn't get towed
Old 11-17-2008, 09:21 AM   #24
RRCBR

really, I didnt think of that..... what if the guy comes out and calls a tow truck and tells him to move you pos out because he has to go to work. He can say you blocked his car and "HIS" bike....... atleast you can drive your truck to work
RRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #25
FJRmgm

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Does anyone else think Tony pulled a move Who crowned you king of the parking lot?
yes - you block me in and I have the apartment complex call a tow truck.

you can't do anything you want.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #26
NASAGeek
Bye, Ford! Hello, GM!

Bike(s):
FZ1
R6S (sold)

Sounds like a good way to get your bike and car keyed over something trivial. Or maybe your kicked. Danger, Will !
NASAGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #27
Gixxer-Joy
Banned

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
K8 GSXR-600 (The Pearl)

User is banned

Gixxer-Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #28
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
If I was you....b/c I used to do the whole park BOTH my car and bike in the same spot.....I would have called the tow truck and had their car towed since your bike was blocked in the spot....

that way you could pull in after they took it away.

But by you parking behind them....you both could get towed!
says the girl who steals motorcycle parking spots!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:09 AM   #29
Redux

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
grasshopper

I dont see an issue here as its always better to just get blocked in vs having your car towed.
Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #30
Gixxer-Joy
Banned

Bike(s):
K8 GSXR-600 (The Pearl)

User is banned

Old 11-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #31
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
yes - you block me in and I have the apartment complex call a tow truck.

you can't do anything you want.
You're right, you can't. Including take up the entire parking lot. At every apartment complex I've ever lived in, parking was at a premium. So to expect your bike to "hold" a spot for you is a little ridiculous. Especially when you're already taking up ANOTHER spot with a different vehicle. Just a small social courtesy.

But thats just my opinion. I attempt to live my life leaving as small a footprint on the world as possible.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:20 AM   #32
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
off Sawdust I've seen a car do that with his friends bike and when he put it from drive to park, it lurched forward just enough to hit the bike and tobble it over. the kickstand hit his bumper and they argued over who was at fault for it.

If a parking spot is taken, its taken.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #33
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Park your bike in your apartment. Much safer, and you won't use a parking spot. I hope you use some serious hardware to secure that thing. I have seen COUNTLESS posts of people getting their bikes stolen from apt. complexes. Azylum comes to mind. (4x or some chit)
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #34
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

dang, i bet his car gets towed or dented. and the bike will probably get dented too.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #35
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
excuse my ranting and not attacking you... i think i've just had it living in the apartment world. come the end of January i'm moving the out and into a house... room mating or alone i dont give a . i hate management and i hate the inconsiderate who live and visit there. trash
yup apparently living does suck until you get into units that are so expensive, you might as well buy a house anyway.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #36
Skid

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
off Sawdust I've seen a car do that with his friends bike and when he put it from drive to park, it lurched forward just enough to hit the bike and tobble it over. the kickstand hit his bumper and they argued over who was at fault for it.

If a parking spot is taken, its taken.
I was eating at Schlotzsky's one day and almost this same thing happend to me. I was eating and looked out the window in enough time to see this car whip around the SUV I was parked next to and slam on the brakes and hit my bike. I dropped my sandwich and ran around to the door and went outside. During that time the lady backed up and was driving around the building leaving. Lucky for me I always leave my bike in gear and because of that my bike never fell over. She hit it so hard that the engine rolled over and then stopped about a foot forward from where it was parked and fell back over to an almost folded up kick stand. I was in total disbelief that it somehow managed to stay standing. By the time I kicked the stand back forward and ran back to the front of Schlotzsky's she was already pulling out onto HWY 6. I couldn't get a plate. Luckly for me it worked out ok.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
Skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #37
Gixxer-Joy
Banned

Bike(s):
K8 GSXR-600 (The Pearl)

User is banned

Old 11-17-2008, 11:46 AM   #38
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer-Joy View Post
Hey now....that was not a car parking spot and there was no BIKE parked there.

And from what I remember his friend got some free time sitting on my pearl...never again I say!! NEVER AGAIN!!
She stays garaged at my NEW HOME now!!
Ha, I was thinking the exact same thing while reading this.

My friend was actually saying the other day how light your bike felt compared to an R6 I had a few years ago.
Drumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:46 AM   #39
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

shoulda waited til like 5 years later and kept track of where they live then built a brick wall around their car while they are sleeping and then put that same note on the brick wall. IMO
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #40
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Update: I woke up at 9:00 to move the car cause thats what time the front office get there and i didnt want to be towed. The car still there with note on window so im guessing they either have not woke up or didnt care. so i went to front office told them i did not like having anyone besides me that close to the bike and that i want that persons car gone now. The ladies in the front office are alwas very nice to me so i didnt make a scene but i made it very clear i was upset. well they knew instantly whos car it was when i said make/model/ and color. She assured me the car will be gone asap. As i left i heard her call the tow company . As far as you who think it was a move for me to block them in how about i come and park in front of your drive way. I know you live there cause theres a garage full of cars but the roadway is not yours, and people can use it to park. That is basically the same here, They knew it was someones spot cause of the bright orange Cbr there yes i dont own the parking lot but that does not give the girl right to block me in, what if the truck wasnt mine and i didnt have another car!!! then my only means of transportation in now blocked because some didnt want to walk to her apt. I say f@ck her, she new what she was doing and now she will pay the consequinces (sp). Also as far as her vandalizing my vehicles she doesnt know the truck is mine and the car i could car less its my work car, and i can see out my bedroom window and see my parking spot at all times and it would take me all of 3 sec to open the door and get to it.
P.S. as far as showing the plates if anyone decides to look them up to see where i live go ahead, you will end up in Port Neches Tx. 6509 jefferson blvd. with nothing to steal cause i sold the house about 3 months ago.

Advertisement