MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Honda to offer Schumacher WSBK ride?

Quote:
Michael Schumacher could make his World Superbike debut in 2009 after Honda Europe boss Carlo Fiorani indicated his wish to invite the seven-time Formula 1 world champion to compete with them.

Having hung up his Ferrari F1 overalls at the end of 2006, Schumacher has embarked on his ‘hobby' of bike racing recently, most notably testing for Honda, Yamaha and Ducati WSBK teams in the past few weeks.

It has led to speculation that Schumacher, who has been earning his bike racing stripes in the German IDM Superbike series, could be interested in making an appearance on the world stage sometime soon.

His huge global profile would certainly make him a target for the likes of Honda, with whom Schumacher races with in Germany. Indeed, Fiorani told Gazzetta dello Sport that he is happy to offer him a possible wild-card ride.

Even so, Schumacher, who was reported to be lapping within three seconds of Carlos Checa's pace when he tested the factory-backed Ten Kate Honda at Magny-Cours, is apparently not keen to pursue his new ‘career' too fervently and he is yet to indicate his wish to compete in the series.

Still, Fiorani insists that all he would have to do is ‘ask' and Honda will provide him the chance to make his WSBK bow.

“Michael is convinced that at the moment the German championship is the ideal level for him,” Fiorani, an ex-Ferrari man, told the Italian newspaper.

“We'll give him the maximum support, given that there the regulations don't allow for modifications. For the moment he hasn't asked us to run in the world championship in 2009, but if he wants to, there is already a bike ready for him. He only needs to ask for it.”
must make all the riders who have given there all feel really special right about now
I think it would devalue the series
I want to see the BEST production based riders in WSBK where possible, not the most commercially attractive.
If he gets up to speed in the German series then game on
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote