MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Any experience with POLARIS West Service??

Hello Team:

Well it finally happen..!!!!

The fuel connectors linking each of the feed and return fuel hoses to the fuel pump mounting plate fracture...!!!

It's a small fracture because there are only a few drops of fuel in the floor but I guess it will get bigger if I continue riding the bike.
This is a known issue and TRIUMPH publish a recall about this in 2004. (Recall ID #: 47391)

The closest dealer is POLARIS West in Katy. I know that most likely British USA in South Houston can provide a better service but is way to far for riding the bike in those conditions.

Anyone has any experience with POLARIS West??. They are not supposed to charge for the repair but do not want to hear that they find other issues and charge me for something that is not needed or not even real. In the meantime I will ask them to perform the two other recalls regarding the clutch cable (Recall ID# 47392) and the rear wheel (Recall ID# 47390)

Any input is really appreciated. Thank you very much.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help getting my bike to Polaris West cegusman General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 01-28-2014 06:42 AM
Any experience with Alpine service? tomLSTD Off Topic 6 11-17-2008 10:36 PM
Polaris West Triumph Suzuki in Katy SUCKS Swift E General Discussion (Moto Related) 103 12-08-2006 08:39 PM
Polaris West - New Trumpet 675 zixx6r Taking it to the Track 1 11-20-2005 12:47 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

My experience? On the surface, nice guys. I found a bike I wanted and offered to consign two of my bikes for them to sell so I could buy one of theirs. I was looking for a place to do business with as I have a bit of a problem....

I buy and sell bikes with routine regularity and also buy lots of parts and use service a bunch. I currenlty have 6 bikes and was looking for a dealer to work with. These guys NEVER put my bikes out. I made all the excuses about it being bad weather or they just might be busy. When I NEVER saw my bikes out, I figured I would ask what was up. The excuse?...this is good....

The battery was dead on both bikes. Funny part......???? They were both kick start!!!!! Picked my stuff up and sold it myself. I won't do business with them, even if I have to drive a distance. I found Wild West Honmda/KTM to be a good group of guys and I have spent my money there. I haven't reached the "good customer discount" status on pricing yet, but I get good service and fair pricing. No complaints at all with anyone there I have dealt with.

As for service? The guy swore he had a Ducati mechanic for my favorite bike (944 SS/SP) that knew his stuff. Whe I mentiones I used K&S cycles within sight distnce, he sort of acted like Kevin wouldn't know how to work on a Duc. FWIW, Kevin used to race Ducs. He knows the drill on my model and I have no complaints with him at all either. Trashing your neighbor is bad, no matter what the biz. High road wins. Kevin still gets my biz on occassion and I have no compaints there either.

Guys at the Polaris/Triumph West shop? Great line, good bikes, great first impression. Poor follow through and bad customer service.

With bad customer service, you will fail.

My 0.02.

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance

Last edited by Tojo92; 11-15-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:16 AM   #3
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Whe I mentiones I used K&S cycles within sight distnce, he sort of acted like Kevin wouldn't know how to work on a Duc. FWIW, Kevin used to race Ducs. He knows the drill on my model and I have no complaints with him at all either. Trashing your neighbor is bad, no matter what the biz. High road wins. Kevin still gets my biz on occassion and I have no compaints there either.

OK, Try again....I meant...

When I mentioned I used K&S Cycles, within sight distance, he sort of acted like Kevin wouldn't know how to work on a Duc. FWIW, Kevin used to race Ducs. He knows the drill on my model and I have no complaints with him at all either. Trashing your neighbor is bad, no matter what the biz. High road wins. Kevin still gets my biz on occasion and I have no complaints there either.

I missed the edit time by a few seconds.....
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:28 AM   #4
v4lu3s

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

If you do not authorize a repair you are not legally required to pay for it. Make sure that you have them write the ticket up for the warranty repair and then you sing off and state you only authorize that repair.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
[poser]
"the un-original"

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'o7 sv650s: Tundra DC 5.7: Trek 1.2
wish I had a motard / dual sport, it'll be next

I had a bad impression of them when I was looking to buy my SV. It seemed that since i wasn't buying something more expensive and i still wanted a good deal on it they were uninterested in helping me. and to further solidify me not buying from them i use to turn wrenches at an RV dealership and one of out techs worked form them, and he warned me not to do business there.
Originally Posted by my father-in-law
Jason is hard to read, I can't always tell if he's joking or if his jugdment really is that bad
[poser] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
NiS13
Squiding It

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
GSXR 600

i've been over there a few times the sales people are great, the parts counter people are some of the nicest people i've ever met but the service manager came off very arrogant to me sort of had the feeling he felt like stupid kids and their sport bikes
NiS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #7
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I think Swift E had some issues with them; PM him

*edit*

or do a quick search...

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...hlight=polaris
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #8
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

may be differnt now but last time I went which was a couple of years ago they were a holes to me, havnt been back since
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:00 PM   #9
vito_8989
Stranger Danger

Don't know about service but I went last week to look at some bikes and the sales manager was trying to push me into buying a bike right there and then when I told him I was just looking at the moment. Turns out he was trying to sell the bike to me over sticker price for an 08, but I can't blame him its business just didn't like the fact that he probably did it because I looked young and stupid and wanted to take advantage.
vito_8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #10
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

not sure about the service.. but when all the dealers in houston told me no way would i ever get a busa limited.. they were all sold out and would not get anymore in... polaris west said let them see if they could find one.. took a couple of months to get it.. but they stayed on it till they found one in California.... good peeps for selling a bike.. not sure about repair or service..

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #11
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

ExImports is now an authorized Triumph dealer. They seem to have mixed reviews, though, but their facilities appear to be A+.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #12
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
ExImports is now an authorized Triumph dealer. They seem to have mixed reviews, though, but their facilities appear to be A+.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. This is going to be fun! I'm ready for the posting to begin. I know EVERYONE is a ExImports fan here.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:56 PM   #13
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

UPDATE..!!!

Seems like I'm not going at all with any TRIUMPH dealer. The fittings are already the metallic ones..!!! Seems like the previous owner already replace them. I found that today when I took the tank apart.

I'll post a new thread in the "How to" forum about my findings today.

New thread:

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...66#post1577966
Old 11-17-2008, 07:30 AM   #14
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

their service is so bad, and their attitude is so I actuallly made signs about it and posted it around katy. they screwed me over on my truimph years ago. f them.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:12 AM   #15
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

went there a few times back when i was looking for a bike. dude kept trying to pressure me into buying a gixxer. once i got a bike (used suzuki GS500 from a private seller) i took it there to get the carbs cleaned/sync'd/tuned. said they'd have it done in 2 days....it took 2 weeks. so yea, not a real big fan of them.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #16
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
My "adopted father" bought 2 Victories from them, sales and parts seemed to be okay, but he was incredibly dissapointed with the service department.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #17
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
their service is so bad, and their attitude is so I actuallly made signs about it and posted it around katy. they screwed me over on my truimph years ago. f them.
...!!!!

Thanks for all the input guys..!!! Seems like the recall fix will not be necesary (was already performed by the previous owner).

Glad to hear all the input, seems like the service dept. is a NO GO.

Anyway..I'll repair the fuel leak on my own.

Advertisement