MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #561
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Sounds good let's dew it!!
"Think" I already sent you an invite, did I not? Bring the girl along!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N 1st N00b Ride for Feb. A Looong ride through the Country and The Forest Sat 2/22/2014 Blamdiggity Events, Meets and Rides 170 02-25-2014 08:48 PM
Forest ride 11/16 am Davekg Events, Meets and Rides 2 11-15-2009 02:00 PM
N00B FOREST RIDE 10/24/2009 MudBug Events, Meets and Rides 378 10-26-2009 01:59 PM
n00b forest ride MudBug General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 10-08-2009 04:46 PM
2008 Ride to Work day-7/16 FieroReinke General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 06-22-2008 07:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2008, 07:03 PM   #562
Stacy
One day at a time!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Moon View Post
Stacey/Dustin Thanks for trailering my bike!

Staceys Thanks for the nice controlled ride up 2 Yankees! I loved going my own pace learning how to take curves. I'll ride w/u girls anytime!!!

Yamahwhore Nice to meet you, get well soon!

How I feel about the ride!!! 1st I wanna say I love MH! I consider U guys my family..so I will b honest w/u. This was not a NOOB RIDE! I felt like the only noob. I got bout 1mo experience, none on curves. I was so far back there, I missed 2 or 3 turns, and I felt like I was a burden. It would of been nice to ride w/other noobs instead of me by myself in the back.

Superdooper thanks 4 Dustin & Staceys hangin in the back w/me. I don't mean to hurt anyones feeling I just wished I knew this wasn't a noob ride before I went so I wouldn't kill-joy anyones fast pace cuz of 1 noob.
Had a great time with ya girl!! You weren't kill-joying anyones fast pace. I was frustrated that I kept ending up behind you and was scared to death of not being in the front for you to be able to follow my lines like we had talked about. I had thought about pulling you over to explain that I was trying to let everyone BUT you pass, but didn't want to put anyone at risk on 3090. Once we finally got with D and Stacy, I pulled in front. Every once in a while I would take off for a split second, but always tried to keep myself slowed down to where you could see me in the turns. The whole point of the forest ride is for you to have fun, enjoy yourself and go at YOUR OWN pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
aw mel! i am a noob too. i enjoyed going slow out there. don't think i will do it again 2 up though, unless i am riding with Stacy. (love you D lol). You are never a burden!!!!

we ended up meeting at Yankees. We were sooo late. we were trailering bikes up to conroe and had nobody help tie one bike up so we had to figure out how to do it by ourselves lol.
You know you can ride on the back of my bike anytime hon!! I loved having the extra warmth behind me . You really are one of the best passengers I have had the pleasure to drag along with me . Not too mention you will forever be remembered in my heart as my first...

umm...first 2 up through the forest that is

Quote:
n00b day forest ride. 11-16-2008

Stacey finally got in Dustin's pants!

She wore his overalls cuz the Staceys rode in the back of truck on way home....with their helmets on too!!!
Layers upon layers ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamawhore View Post
And old people kept honking and waving at us.

Quote:
Not us.....them! I bet they were doing the Azylum pose. I heard a lot of giggling back there!!!!
We were having way too much fun back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post
You must have been between the group and Stacy, Mel and I. I was the last on the pull off behind Mel and Stacy and we were hauling azz at 55mph. Just glad you made it home ok and look forward to riding again with everyone. Maybe next time there will be carnage or lost folks. lol
Quote:
I was going 83 in some spots trying to keep up.....even with a wreck and the cop pulling peeps over ya'll still caught up and zoomed past me.

That's when I decided to just enjoy myself at my own noobish pace.

Sloshmrbones....wish I would have met you...we could have rode together.
I think you were in the big gap between scary fast group and me & sweeper group!
That's the whole point of riding your own ride!! Don't worry about anyone else out there but yourself and your comfort level. Anyone that gets annoyed and wants to take off...fvck em...let them go.

Quote:
yep My bad....I don't get that. You watch out 4 noobs on the way to forest...not in the forest or any other roads. I would have been totally lost if it wasn't 4 Staceys & Dustin! I totally thought it would be a nice noob paced ride in the forest to Yankees and back with other noobs. Not me alone with a couple of baby sitters in back!
Quote:
I am very partial to my sitters tho!!!!!
And your "sitters" are very partial to you too!!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #563
philly fresh
im infamous *****es!!

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
07' R6

Send a message via AIM to philly fresh
Quote:
Mine was out fairly fast. 30 min. i think, but last itme it was 2 hours and I got some other folks burger.

So who is up far true speed limit pace noob ride. I was fine sweeping, just lost one.
im down. i can bring the old lady so i dont scare her so much she never gets on again. hmm i wonder if that would be a good thing. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by juke View Post
Umm Im not sure if i was with the "haul azz" group on the way back.. all I remember after the gas station i believe we were following Vmaxgirl and that was pretty fast!!! and Fun as !!!!!!!
yeah i liked the pace at which we were traveling on the way back home. what is that pace considered? cuz that was a perfect pace for me
Old 11-18-2008, 10:19 PM   #564
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
actually I was with the second group actually me Phillyfresh, helios, and jumpinfly were debating if we should go with the 1st group or 2nd so we just ended up staying behind with the 2nd group.. but hope you get well soon bro! like i said we need to get back on this forest!!
Haha... I don't think there was a whole lotta debate for me! I got my burger and before I even took my first bite, Tiatool was rounding everyone up! I think I was the very last in our group to get my food. That sucked! I inhaled my burger then everyone just stood around for another 20 mins!
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #565
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Mine was out fairly fast. 30 min. i think, but last itme it was 2 hours and I got some other folks burger.

So who is up far true speed limit pace noob ride. I was fine sweeping, just lost one.
I'm down for a nice proper cruise. Woulda liked to stop and take pics along the way that way we've got more to report back than wrecked bikes and gas station stops.

If we do this again, let's let the real noobs set the pace and relax!
Mel, I know how you feel, I felt I was the slowest of my group and I let everyone pass me. I was TRYING to keep up with Juminfly, but that dude was tearing it up.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #566
chase
LOCTITE

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly fresh View Post
yeah i liked the pace at which we were traveling on the way back home. what is that pace considered? cuz that was a perfect pace for me
id say it was pretty conservative

i just jokingly said we were haulin azz, when really we were only doin bout 15mph over double the posted speed in turns and slowin down in the straights

yall were prolly doin a little under double? ask pam...
Old 11-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #567
philly fresh
im infamous *****es!!

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
07' R6

Send a message via AIM to philly fresh
Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
id say it was pretty conservative

i just jokingly said we were haulin azz, when really we were only doin bout 15mph over double the posted speed in turns and slowin down in the straights

yall were prolly doin a little under double? ask pam...
i meant through the forest. we were moving. i know that wasnt no slow pace. we were triple digits alot of the time. all i hear about it a noob pace and a fast pace. anything in between?
Old 11-18-2008, 11:13 PM   #568
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
the Forest Gnome rides have alot more organization and set paces. Any corner in the forest can be done over three digits comfortably.

I prefer to ride the forest no more then 80 and save the ride for 3090.

On the FG rides we have alot more instruction and structure w specific speeds mentioned for each group. keep an eye out and we'll be happy to have you on the next one.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #569
jumpinfly
umm yea sure

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05' Harley Davidson 883XL low. Sold
06' R6 Raven, FOR SALE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I'm down for a nice proper cruise. Woulda liked to stop and take pics along the way that way we've got more to report back than wrecked bikes and gas station stops.

If we do this again, let's let the real noobs set the pace and relax!
Mel, I know how you feel, I felt I was the slowest of my group and I let everyone pass me. I was TRYING to keep up with Juminfly, but that dude was tearing it up.

i was tryn to keep up with pams group, im okay in the corners. just dont have it in the harley to keep up in the straights

yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
tyler doesnt wash his bike, he just paints it again.
jumpinfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:53 PM   #570
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Yea Im up for a "noob" ride LETS DO THIS!!! Im kinda a noob myself but I think I can use a well paced ride around the forest again just to really get the hang of the turns..

Umm Im not sure if i was with the "haul azz" group on the way back.. all I remember after the gas station i believe we were following Vmaxgirl and that was pretty fast!!! and Fun as !!!!!!!
psssht, nah we were crawling... That Vmax pulls me so hard up in tripple digits that its a fight to stay on
I had an absolute blast!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:55 PM   #571
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpinfly View Post

i was tryn to keep up with pams group, im okay in the corners. just dont have it in the harley to keep up in the straights
yet.
Yea, I was in my own group. fast was fast and I was the inbetween girl! Should have brought out the R6
Old 11-19-2008, 12:16 AM   #572
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

i rode behind that v max for a while. with ray behind me. i kept thinking she's hauling . then ray said we were haulin .we must have beem haulin .
burnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:18 AM   #573
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnboy View Post
i rode behind that v max for a while. with ray behind me. i kept thinking she's hauling . then ray said we were haulin .we must have beem haulin .
yea, my max was hauling about 140#'s of
Old 11-19-2008, 12:56 AM   #574
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

it carries it well.
burnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:39 AM   #575
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly fresh View Post
i meant through the forest. we were moving. i know that wasnt no slow pace. we were triple digits alot of the time. all i hear about it a noob pace and a fast pace. anything in between?
Relatively speaking, double the speed limit for me was hauling . I was trying to keep up with our group but those blind over-the-hill turns were VERY hard to judge when you've never been to the forest before and the guy in front of you is at least a mile away.

I guess it's fair to say a couple of the new guys didnt do too shabby considering we'd never been before. I think we mostly agreed we'd never gone that fast around turns and we were right on the edge of the thrill of speed and the fear of a spill.

So I guess we can be considered the intermediate 3rd group.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:02 AM   #576
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Relatively speaking, double the speed limit for me was hauling . I was trying to keep up with our group but those blind over-the-hill turns were VERY hard to judge when you've never been to the forest before and the guy in front of you is at least a mile away.

I guess it's fair to say a couple of the new guys didnt do too shabby considering we'd never been before. I think we mostly agreed we'd never gone that fast around turns and we were right on the edge of the thrill of speed and the fear of a spill.

Considering all of the factors... You ALL did a fine job We only had to limp one bike home, no other mishaps of that sort... yes, it was a most excellent day!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:52 AM   #577
jumpinfly
umm yea sure

Bike(s):
05' Harley Davidson 883XL low. Sold
06' R6 Raven, FOR SALE!!!!!

Quote:

i was not completely confident in the blind turns, unless i could see the bike ahead of me. but i did continously look behind to make sure you were there.
till i got to a straight, then i was tryn to keep up

great ride, must do it again. id like to one, know the forest so that i can ride and know whats up ahead two, be able to be called a forest gnome. im not sure ill get the second

as far as not goin that fast in corners, hehe, i may need new pegs before xmas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
tyler doesnt wash his bike, he just paints it again.
jumpinfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #578
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #579
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

slow ride? 85mph is slow
Old 11-19-2008, 11:05 AM   #580
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I can remove two of my spark plugs and run at your 650's pace

literally by displacement and cylinder number, no?

Advertisement