Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #461
chase
LOCTITE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Loosenoose, which faster group?

I never saw u, making sure I didn't violate the no man left behind rule haha
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N 1st N00b Ride for Feb. A Looong ride through the Country and The Forest Sat 2/22/2014 Blamdiggity Events, Meets and Rides 170 02-25-2014 08:48 PM
Forest ride 11/16 am Davekg Events, Meets and Rides 2 11-15-2009 02:00 PM
N00B FOREST RIDE 10/24/2009 MudBug Events, Meets and Rides 378 10-26-2009 01:59 PM
n00b forest ride MudBug General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 10-08-2009 04:46 PM
2008 Ride to Work day-7/16 FieroReinke General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 06-22-2008 07:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #462
Mellow Moon
Super Nurse

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'93 Katana

Send a message via MSN to Mellow Moon
loosenoose...Thanks...I love my Can-of-tuna!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #463
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #464
Mellow Moon
Super Nurse

Bike(s):
'93 Katana

up loading pics now
Old 11-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #465
Mellow Moon
Super Nurse

Bike(s):
'93 Katana

Pics

Old 11-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #466
jenniesweet
New Student

Thanks SO much, Mel! Those are great!!!
You can't throw away a trashcan!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
I think my passenger(virgin ride for jenniesweet) is permanently hooked.
jenniesweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:05 PM   #467
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 11-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #468
Psyclone
needs to get out and ride

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
1000RR
R6
RC-51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Moon View Post
Stacey/Dustin Thanks for trailering my bike!

Staceys Thanks for the nice controlled ride up 2 Yankees! I loved going my own pace learning how to take curves. I'll ride w/u girls anytime!!!

Yamahwhore Nice to meet you, get well soon!

How I feel about the ride!!! 1st I wanna say I love MH! I consider U guys my family..so I will b honest w/u. This was not a NOOB RIDE! I felt like the only noob. I got bout 1mo experience, none on curves. I was so far back there, I missed 2 or 3 turns, and I felt like I was a burden. It would of been nice to ride w/other noobs instead of me by myself in the back.

Superdooper thanks 4 Dustin & Staceys hangin in the back w/me. I don't mean to hurt anyones feeling I just wished I knew this wasn't a noob ride before I went so I wouldn't kill-joy anyones fast pace cuz of 1 noob.
Indeed there is no reason to think you are holding people up, I rode behind some of the noobs on the way up, I can still have fun even while going slow. The worst thing is to see people go down in the rides, I would like to get the 1:1 record of the forest down a bit.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #469
Scatter

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
Stacey/Dustin Thanks for trailering my bike!

Staceys Thanks for the nice controlled ride up 2 Yankees! I loved going my own pace learning how to take curves. I'll ride w/u girls anytime!!!

Yamahwhore Nice to meet you, get well soon!

How I feel about the ride!!! 1st I wanna say I love MH! I consider U guys my family..so I will b honest w/u. This was not a NOOB RIDE! I felt like the only noob. I got bout 1mo experience, none on curves. I was so far back there, I missed 2 or 3 turns, and I felt like I was a burden. It would of been nice to ride w/other noobs instead of me by myself in the back.

Superdooper thanks 4 Dustin & Staceys hangin in the back w/me. I don't mean to hurt anyones feeling I just wished I knew this wasn't a noob ride before I went so I wouldn't kill-joy anyones fast pace cuz of 1 noob.
aw mel! i am a noob too. i enjoyed going slow out there. don't think i will do it again 2 up though, unless i am riding with Stacy. (love you D lol). You are never a burden!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Mello:

Don't fall into some misconception that you are killing someones ride by riding your own pace. That is how people get sucked into riding over their heads. I've taken my girl out on these rides and she is CERTAINLY a newb and DEFINITELY rides slower than most, but that is part of the fun of bringing new people out to the forest. Point is, don't apologize for riding within you level, you made it home shiney and safe, you didn't hold us up.

If you were with us on the ride OUT to Yankees (I don't think you were) you would have had the experience of Cali showing you some lines ect... or pulling one of us aside to guide you through the route.

What do you mean you missed 2 or 3 turns? Please explain.
we ended up meeting at Yankees. We were sooo late. we were trailering bikes up to conroe and had nobody help tie one bike up so we had to figure out how to do it by ourselves lol.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #470
Psyclone

Bike(s):
1000RR
R6
RC-51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
aw mel! i am a noob too. i enjoyed going slow out there. don't think i will do it again 2 up though, unless i am riding with Stacy. (love you D lol). You are never a burden!!!!

we ended up meeting at Yankees. We were sooo late. we were trailering bikes up to conroe and had nobody help tie one bike up so we had to figure out how to do it by ourselves lol.
If you ever have an isue with hauling a bike or need straps to do it with, I can help. I had to tie my bike down in the back of the truck every week to get it between Waco and Houston for about 2 months. I have a ramp, straps, and a truck if any one ever needs help.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:37 PM   #471
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

the pic of ray in front of the R6 looks cool
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #472
Mellow Moon
Super Nurse

Bike(s):
'93 Katana

n00b day forest ride. 11-16-2008

Stacey finally got in Dustin's pants!

She wore his overalls cuz the Staceys rode in the back of truck on way home....with their helmets on too!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #473
Yamawhore

Bike(s):
2014 Z1000
2008 CBR600RR (sold)
2009 R6 (sold)
2009 R6 (wreck)
2007 R6 (sold)

And old people kept honking and waving at us.
Yamawhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #474
Mellow Moon
Super Nurse

Bike(s):
'93 Katana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamawhore View Post
And old people kept honking and waving at us.
Not us.....them! I bet they were doing the Azylum pose. I heard a lot of giggling back there!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #475
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 11-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #476
Scatter

Quote:
Not us.....them! I bet they were doing the Azylum pose. I heard a lot of giggling back there!!!!
HAHAHAHA!!!! we were having FUN!! it was a bit of a tight squeeze though, trying to wedge ourselves in beside the bike.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #477
Psyclone

Bike(s):
1000RR
R6
RC-51

What you do in the back of the truck with the bike is none of our concern.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #478
sloshedmrbones
Ninja

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 250R

Send a message via AIM to sloshedmrbones Send a message via Yahoo to sloshedmrbones
Ok so to clear this up and stop whatever the is going heres what happened with me. ( I am not about the ride because I enjoyed myself without a doubt and it was a learning experience just from my riding and psyclone giving me some cornering tips along the way)

So on the way back we left Yankees after the first group that left 20 mins or so before us were were riding back until we came up to the corner where the cop was with everyone on the side of the road. The corner was rated for 40mph and i was doing 70 when i came into it until we saw the cop and everyone slowed down. A little ways up the road everyone was pulled over and in the group i saw caligonetx, 1mudbug, jumpingfly and a few others, we were sitting there then i saw cali pull back out on the road and we headed back out after about 2 turns from when we got back on the road i looked behind me and there was no one there and i double checked. When we came around the second turn i watch as everyone sped away from me and at this point i was doing close to 80 mph so i should have been able to keep up if no one was going over 60 mph but i was still being pulled on so i kept riding thinking ok when i get up here someone will be waiting. Needless to say i kept riding and never saw anyone again until i see 2 bikes coming up on me that looked to be like tiatool and someone else but i am not sure it as tiatool, they went around me moving at a high rate of fuel consumption. A little ways down the road they were sitting on the side of the road and they didn't flag me down, stop me, point that i needed to turn so i kept on going the direction i was headed which lead me to highway 6. I got on highway 6 and rode until i saw a sign that could lead me to somewhere i knew and a group of people caught up to me but have no idea who they were. They stopped briefly and then they all hauled and i watched them disappear to so i was the only bike on the road at this point i rode for about 45 miles maybe more until i hit a shell station had no clue where i was at rode a lil further turned around headed toward Brenham like i was coming home from austin and came up through magnolia. I didn't see any other bikes until i was on 1488 and 149 i saw 2 bikes get on 1488 and from then on that was the last bikes i saw the whole way home. As for not calling anyone i called my girlfriend knowing she would hear from someone before i would. I only had caligonetx and jenniesweet phone numbers and they were riding so they wouldn't have heard a phone until they stopped and by that point there was no point. As for my girlfriend making a threat to anyone that did not happen that was blown out of proportion. I wasn't mad at any one person but it was upsetting that the policy was no one left behind and obviously i was, but no hard feelings, i made it home in one piece which is what matters and i had a blast doing it too. I was already kind of prepared to be left since i knew i would be riding at my pace but happens.

I wasn't going to post anything because this doesn't need to be a debate or drama of any sort but just so its out there i did post it. I would do the ride again in a heartbeat and i hope when another one comes up i can go on that one as well. I thank 1mudbug and psyclone for hanging with me on the way there and to anyone else that helped. Ray hope you feel better and look forward to future rides.

RIP Coach 4/5/09 (10:27 pm)
sloshedmrbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #479
jenniesweet
New Student

YAY! *does a little happy dance*
You can't throw away a trashcan!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
I think my passenger(virgin ride for jenniesweet) is permanently hooked.
jenniesweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #480
Yamawhore

Bike(s):
2014 Z1000
2008 CBR600RR (sold)
2009 R6 (sold)
2009 R6 (wreck)
2007 R6 (sold)

I want to see your happy dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloshedmrbones View Post
Ray hope you feel better and look forward to future rides.
Thanks bro!
As I told Matt. I swore I saw you ride by at my wreck scene. Then as I came into the Shell station you werent there. Glad you had fun and got home safe.

Last edited by Yamawhore; 11-18-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Yamawhore is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement