MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2008, 02:51 PM   #21
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
busalow
don't forget he is an expert cause he rode one around the block one day
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Busa clutch plates in a 08 zx14 Jakesnake Performance and Modifications 0 07-28-2014 09:27 AM
Dad wrecked car... options....attn body shop/auto buyers? cedestech Off Topic 22 01-26-2012 11:03 AM
Busa vs zx14 vs BMW 1000rr vs aprillia 1000 2KBUSA General Discussion (Moto Related) 123 11-01-2010 03:59 PM
ZX14 vs Busa Coast Rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 262 01-05-2010 09:18 AM
Attn Cali Busa sighting..... PYROBUG51 General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 06-21-2009 06:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #22
NASAGeek
Bye, Ford! Hello, GM!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
FZ1
R6S (sold)

Thank you all very much for the feedback! I appreciate the opinions both ways. I just need to get some saddle time and see what I think.

Thanks!
NASAGeek
NASAGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:38 PM   #23
thetank
You're My Boy, Blue!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
B-KING
R1 Race Bike - last of the 5 valves
KTM 450 SMR
To name a few . . .

Typically, larger motors come on larger bikes. When you are over 6 ft, and over 200 lbs, the smaller, lighter bikes cause pain when you ride them! I personally don't mind them on the race track, because I am constantly moving on them. But for street riding, where you stay in your seat WAY more often than not, then a larger motorcycle is simply necessary.

I purchased an 08 B-King as an all-rounder. All the reviews talk about how large and heavy the bike is, in spite of its power. But when you are my size, here is what it looks like:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FRANKBK01.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	16516  
thetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:40 PM   #24
thetank
You're My Boy, Blue!!!

Bike(s):
B-KING
KTM 450 SMR
To name a few . . .

Powerful, Heavy, and Very Ugly - to some people, JUST LIKE ME!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #25
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetank View Post
Quote:
Typically, larger motors come on larger bikes. When you are over 6 ft, and over 200 lbs, the smaller, lighter bikes cause pain when you ride them! I personally don't mind them on the race track, because I am constantly moving on them. But for street riding, where you stay in your seat WAY more often than not, then a larger motorcycle is simply necessary.

I purchased an 08 B-King as an all-rounder. All the reviews talk about how large and heavy the bike is, in spite of its power. But when you are my size, here is what it looks like:
Frank... get some BOOTS!
I love my 1200cc's. I love the torque, and VBOOST FTMFW!!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #26
Busa_Bullet
boats n' motohoes

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2004 Hayabusa

i love the size of the busa, ive rode some smaller bikes and wanted to just pick em up and throw em. then again in 6ft and 200lbs. the cornering on a busa isnt the best and putting a stretch on it definatly doesent help... i would know, but oh snap, you hit that straight and goodbye, the stretch gives me a lot of confidence with the throttle in straights, just knowing itll keep down. plus knowing youve got all that big, bad, black (my bike)) busa under your @ss is just awesome. i get busa withdrawls everytime i sleep, or just blink and cant see it. lol. good luck with your next purchase bud!!
Busa_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:09 PM   #27
andre3k
I see dead people...

ergos
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:36 AM   #28
thetank
You're My Boy, Blue!!!

Bike(s):
B-KING
KTM 450 SMR
To name a few . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post
Frank... get some BOOTS!
I know, right? All I have are my race boots . . . I thought I would look like goober wearing them on a street ride, then I saw this pic! Time for some street boots?
Old 11-11-2008, 08:54 AM   #29
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Busas handle way better then they get credit for. Tire psi is the key factor. From the factory, they recommend 42/42 psi for straight line stability and proper tire cooling but running 42 psi in the front makes the front end feel heavy and slow steering. Dropping the front tire down to 36 psi and leave the rear at 40 psi will make a busa turn in like a different bike...HUGE difference. Really the only problem with a busa's handling is the lack of ground clearance when you are REALLY railing. Lowering the fork tubes about 1/4-3/8" will work wonders for initial turn in and effort also. On a race track, you will likely drag fairings, that and the stock wheelbase is 58.5" so the turn radius/turn in is a little slow...Wouldn't be real good for TIGHT tracks but would be ok for more open tracks....they really love high speed sweepers...They are heavy, planted and stable..... Take a busa around a 150 mph sweeper on the street(ie. not track), then take a 1000 on the same road and you will feel 10x more comfortable on the busa.

The Gen 2 busas handle even better and have much better brakes. Every busa at a MINIMUM need good sintered brake pads installed ASAP.

If you go with a Gen 2 busa, you will not be dissappointed by anything on it except for the goofy looking tail section, but performance wise, its an improvement all around.

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #30
NASAGeek
Bye, Ford! Hello, GM!

Bike(s):
FZ1
R6S (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Bullet View Post
i love the size of the busa, ive rode some smaller bikes and wanted to just pick em up and throw em. then again in 6ft and 200lbs. the cornering on a busa isnt the best and putting a stretch on it definatly doesent help... i would know, but oh snap, you hit that straight and goodbye, the stretch gives me a lot of confidence with the throttle in straights, just knowing itll keep down. plus knowing youve got all that big, bad, black (my bike)) busa under your @ss is just awesome. i get busa withdrawls everytime i sleep, or just blink and cant see it. lol. good luck with your next purchase bud!!
lol - busa withdrawal in your sleep? I think that says it all, thanks.

Quote:
How big are ya? Never seen that bike before. I'm 6'2" and 200-205 depending on beer consumption that week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Busas handle way better then they get credit for. Tire psi is the key factor. From the factory, they recommend 42/42 psi for straight line stability and proper tire cooling but running 42 psi in the front makes the front end feel heavy and slow steering. Dropping the front tire down to 36 psi and leave the rear at 40 psi will make a busa turn in like a different bike...HUGE difference. Really the only problem with a busa's handling is the lack of ground clearance when you are REALLY railing. Lowering the fork tubes about 1/4-3/8" will work wonders for initial turn in and effort also. On a race track, you will likely drag fairings, that and the stock wheelbase is 58.5" so the turn radius/turn in is a little slow...Wouldn't be real good for TIGHT tracks but would be ok for more open tracks....they really love high speed sweepers...They are heavy, planted and stable..... Take a busa around a 150 mph sweeper on the street(ie. not track), then take a 1000 on the same road and you will feel 10x more comfortable on the busa.

The Gen 2 busas handle even better and have much better brakes. Every busa at a MINIMUM need good sintered brake pads installed ASAP.

If you go with a Gen 2 busa, you will not be dissappointed by anything on it except for the goofy looking tail section, but performance wise, its an improvement all around.
*makes notes to put Alan to work in my garage soon* Thanks for the feedback guys!
NASAGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #31
thetank
You're My Boy, Blue!!!

Bike(s):
B-KING
KTM 450 SMR
To name a few . . .

"How big are ya? Never seen that bike before. I'm 6'2" and 200-205 depending on beer consumption that week. "

The bike is a 2008 Suzuki B-King. Naked brother to the busa. Same "new spec" 1340cc motor as the busa, but it does NOT have ram air (the intakes do nothing ), and therefore a smaller airbox, and a longer exhaust pipe that sends the pipes up under the tail.

The only "de-tune" going on is the electronic restrictions in 1st and 2nd gear and the electronic limitations in 5th & 6th gear. Of course, I have already purchased and installed the necessary electronic gear to bypass said restrictions.

Besides, the stock rear sprocket is 2 teeth larger than the busa. Let's just say, "She comes off the line purdy-good."

Me? I'm just a smidge under 6'2" and @ 250 lbs, depending on beer, too!

Anyway, the picture was to illustrate the size of a "large" bike with a large rider on board. It makes me laugh when I read all the reviews of riders complaining about how "big" the B-King was. Could you imagine MY fat on a 600? Yeah, me neither!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:49 PM   #32
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

I used to have a zx-11 and loved it. Could ride that thing all day and be comfortable. Awesome steetbike. Makes me feel uncomfortable not knowing what's around a corner so I don't need to haul through turns (and I don't ride the track). Think I might get a 14 one of these days, but it may be a while since no one wants to buy my 1.
rideForrestride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #33
__NATE__

Bike(s):
07 Hayabusa
Honda Crf 450
TTR 90
Yami PW 50

Listen To ZXALAN on the busa EXCEPT for the part of a Brock pipe Get you a TI Force Sumo and You'll be set on a gen 2 and get johnny cheese to tune it and Love it like a 2nd wife end of story............
~~When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.~~~THIS IS MY BUSA THEIR ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS IS MINE! WITH OUT MY BUSA I'M A CAGER!~~~
__NATE__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:22 PM   #34
rugbystar13
Addicted to Excess

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 ZX-14
1997 Yamaha Vmax 200hp (recently sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
Just buy an 09 busa(silver/grey preferbly) and be done with it.

Go put a Brock pipe on it, PCIII, tune it and have 180+rwhp. You can drag race it, top end it, wheelie it, take trips on it, ride nice twisties on it, ride 2 up comfortably. They make great low end tq, you will NEVER have to down shift it on the highway, even 2 up. Best off, they still get 30+mpgs. They are a great all around bike. The ONLY thing it wouldn't do well is a track day at a tight track....I would guess it would still hold its own though on a more open, less complex track but I wouldn't take a chance on wadding a premium piece of iron like this.....get a track for crashing on.
----
I agree.....except the part about the 09 Busa. Substitute with 09 ZX-14.

Plus if your taller and bigger it doesn't feel like your grape ape riding a liter bike.
rugbystar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:41 PM   #35
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbystar13 View Post
----
it doesn't feel like your grape ape riding a liter bike.
ain't that the truth... I am 6" 215 pounds. I feel totally at home on a busa.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #36
ForgottnSoul
MotoMilitia Choosen 9

Bike(s):
2008 Special Edition ZX-14

Member Garage

I weigh a whole 160lbs and LOVE my 14. Its comfortable, fast as all out, has a 5.5 gallon tank that will last you on average 230miles. Personally i like the looks of bigger bikes. And as for not being able to turn, i call a whole lot of BS. It has EVERYTHING to do with the rider. Also, and I maye be wrong here, but dont the bigger cc engines last longer?
ForgottnSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #37
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbystar13 View Post
----
I agree.....except the part about the 09 Busa. Substitute with 09 ZX-14.

Plus if your taller and bigger it doesn't feel like your grape ape riding a liter bike.
I love the silver 14s. Nice bike.
rideForrestride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #38
JOEBUSA

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'08 Busa 186 HP
'07 Raptor 700 (quad)
'09 CRF450R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by __NATE__ View Post
Listen To ZXALAN on the busa EXCEPT for the part of a Brock pipe Get you a TI Force Sumo and You'll be set on a gen 2 and get johnny cheese to tune it and Love it like a 2nd wife end of story............
My Brocks kicks azz
JOEBUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:23 AM   #39
Dgig

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600

I wanna busa now I guess If your mostly street rider and live in houston thats the bike all those straight line highways you can open her up I love the belt way
Dgig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:44 AM   #40
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I loved my 2002 Busa on the road. Larger sprung wight means the unsprung has less impact on the overall chassis....this means they are smoother over bumps.

With a 180 rear tire and suspension properly set my Busa loved to turn in, hold a line, and power out of turns madly.

At the track it was heavy when on the brakes, heavy to transition, but fast off corner exits and down the straights. Held it's line well in corners, and didn't balk at mid-corner line changes. I passed quite a few 600's who thought they were turning well.

Two up comfort is not an oxymoron. Wind protection awesome. 100 MPH all day 500 miles at 40 MPG cruising no problem.

4/1 sound awesome.

Advertisement