MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2008, 04:59 AM   #1
greentegr6
B.S.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000 RR
93 CBR 900 RR -FOR SALE- 2000
SOLD-2002 GSXR 600
RIP- YAMAHA R6

Send a message via Yahoo to greentegr6
need info Painting Rims

whats going on fam. I will keep this short and simple. I have a silver cbr 900. and right now it has the orginial white rims.(fireblade) what i wanna do is paint them a flat black. I was thinking of doing them my self just because im a DIY guy. but it seems like it might not be as easy as i thought.

so my question is, does anyone know any shops around that will paint motorcycle wheels flat black. and if so how much? like i said i would love to paint them myself but not sure which route to take if i was gonna do them myself. so if you got any advice or info. please do tell.
greentegr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lots of info on what kind of bike to start off with, but what about info on upgrading phrenetiK General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 03-08-2013 06:32 PM
Need help painting Sage Corum Performance and Modifications 1 08-30-2010 01:41 PM
Painting... Hamm General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 12-13-2008 12:14 AM
Painting Rims Bgsxr1000 How To's and Q & A's 20 10-18-2007 12:20 PM
Rims.... Anyone know much about custom rims? Mr. Unassailable Performance and Modifications 14 04-18-2007 09:23 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2008, 05:30 AM   #2
PowerSurgeD
is on indefinite hiatus

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2005 crf 50,
2008 drz400sm
2001 cbrf4i

Member Garage

hit up scootertrash...he powder coats and thats what you want..paint will flake off...

your powder coating connection ftw!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentegr6 View Post
whats going on fam. I will keep this short and simple. I have a silver cbr 900. and right now it has the orginial white rims.(fireblade) what i wanna do is paint them a flat black. I was thinking of doing them my self just because im a DIY guy. but it seems like it might not be as easy as i thought.

so my question is, does anyone know any shops around that will paint motorcycle wheels flat black. and if so how much? like i said i would love to paint them myself but not sure which route to take if i was gonna do them myself. so if you got any advice or info. please do tell.
yup, paint will flake eventually. I do show quality powder and can hook you up flat black for 80 each wheel.
Take a few minutes to browse my pictures in my sponsors section to get some ideas.
heres a photo to show the flat black

attachmentphp?attachmentid16240&ampstc1&ampd1225404148

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentegr6 View Post

Painting it flat black would be easy to do, and a professional painter would be happy to do the work for you.

Now for the down sides:

Paint is not as durable
Paint is expensive

Now for the good news:

Powder coating is a LOT more durable
Powder coating costs less than painting
Scootertrash is a site sponsor, and he'll do a fantastic job powder coating your wheels, with a TON of colors to choose from
Old 11-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

i got brake fluid on my R6 wheels so i might be hittin you up soon Scootertrash.
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement