MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2008, 12:55 AM   #41
homi
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2006 Ducati
SOLD 2006 YZF600

User is banned

Last edited by homi; 11-09-2008 at 01:00 AM.
homi is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thank You Triamphunt675r (Pics Added) DvlRacer Off Topic 17 10-27-2010 10:25 AM
2009 Godspeed Car and Bike Show *PICS ADDED* CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 22 10-10-2009 07:00 PM
High Sides!!!!**pics added** dbuck Taking it to the Track 68 02-04-2009 01:46 AM
January Bike Of the Month Entries! PICS Added!! PoPoRiderRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 12-07-2007 12:01 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2008, 12:57 AM   #42
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnix600 View Post
he stated firm?
Oops. He said no low-. My bad.

Anyway, I think he was just trying to make lite of it in this thread, more as a joke than anything else.

I hear ya, homi, but I don't think he "called you out" by name, but rather just asked a question based on "someone" who emailed an offer.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:09 AM   #43
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Sorry to say, but if I ever put a price and "firm" behind it, then that is what it is.

But put something like "asking $5600, OBO" and let the bidding begin.

I do like the adds that start $5600 firm... and two days later new better bottom line $5200, and a couple days later bottom dollar $5000.. those are the ones you offer $4500 on.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:12 AM   #44
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by homi View Post
Look there is no such thing as FIRM. I don't get the OBO thing either. No matter WHAT people will definitely message you and haggle price. Thats just part of the game. What bothers me about the OBO people is they are pretty much bending over and asking for it by putting OBO. Thats like saying "i'm putting this price but for sure i'll take something less than that, but i'm going to put a price anyways, but wait why am i putting this price? Because i'll take less than this but don't even bother offering me this price because you know what i'll take less than this"

Market conditions, competition, and reason for selling as well as urgency are a few things that set prices in the marketplace. No one here has the ability to price their bike at what they want in the end its all market prices. Thats why Ebay works so well and the CEO is a billionaire. When someone says FIRM it usually means a person is sentimental about a bike, or paid more than its worth and cant lose the money. In the end market conditions will take care of the price. The person will either get a bunch of offers and raise the price, lower the price because hes only getting lower offers, or be put in an emergency where he has to sell the bike to the first offer now because he waited too long and now some unforseen bill showed up and hes out of cash. WHOOPS. While I feel bad for their situation i've had a friend pick up a 8000+ bike for $3800 which was payoff on the loan. Now this guy actually appreciated it because it got him out of a bad situation and saved his credit. If he had just went with market pricing instead of staying firm he could have sold the bike a month ago for way more than that. But he put himself in that situation of an emergency need for cash and couldnt find any buyers in the short time period he had to raise capital.

Either way i'm a buyer and my job is to get the best possible price so if I email people trying to get a lower price can you really blame me?

Don't hate the player hate the game
I didnt quote you.
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:12 AM   #45
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Sorry to say, but if I ever put a price and "firm" behind it, then that is what it is.

But put something like "asking $5600, OBO" and let the bidding begin.

I do like the adds that start $5600 firm... and two days later new better bottom line $5200, and a couple days later bottom dollar $5000.. those are the ones you offer $4500 on.
Yep.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:15 AM   #46
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Anybody who posted advice, thank you. If I end up getting the bike I will let everyone know.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #47
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Drove 100 miles(each way) to see the bike today. The owner described it as "great" condition with minor scratches on the left upper and on the corner of the windscreen. Yup, those were definately scratched. So was the tail, left AND right fairings, belly pan(gouged to ), and gas tank. The ignition looked as if it had a screw driver taken to it at some point. I rode the bike and something was definately not right although I couldn't pin point the problem, felt real sluggish in first gear even at high RPMs and the thing didn't want to turn

Needless to say, I passed on the deal. The guy was less than thrilled since he also drove over 100 miles each way for the transaction, but that's what happens when you lie about the condition of the bike. I had left him a $150 deposit through paypal and after seeing the bike I asked for that back since it was significantly different than his description and in no way what-so-ever was it in "great" condition He said he would refund $100 or nothing and that he was keeping the extra $50 as gas money, if I didn't like this he would keep it all. I filed a complaint through paypal saying I never received the item and that when going to get the bike it was significantly different than description. I'm not too hopeful that it'll go anywhere but maybe Paypal will pull through and give me the money back.

Either way, I'm kinda ticked because I waisted a day driving, gas money, food for me and a friend that went to help, etc. I would have much rather just got the bike as it was described than to have my money back

~Keith
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 11-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #48
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #49
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post
The guy I bought the zx7 from was honest on telling me the zx7 was busted up a little from him not knowing how to ride and he was is going back to 250...or something like that. People need to be honest when selling stuff.

j/j Danny
he did, he went to a 250 2stroke
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #50
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #51
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

Quote:
I hate it when fools lie about stuff. The guy I bought the zx7 from was honest on telling me the zx7 was busted up a little from him not knowing how to ride and he was is going back to 250...or something like that. People need to be honest when selling stuff.

j/j Danny

dont blame him. his wife made him sell it.
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #52
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
oh, my bad. I was thinking a Ninja 250.
You know that's too big for him!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #53
Yammy
The Bumble-bee

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2004 R6
Santa Cruz Chameleon

Send a message via AIM to Yammy Send a message via Yahoo to Yammy
Dang, sorry to hear the deal went sour on you. If the bike was in the condition he claimed that would have been awesome.

Hope you get your one-fiddy back.
Yammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:23 PM   #54
AKA

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

wow, that sux.... sorry to hear u drove all that way for the bike to be in the non-describable condition it was.... i would have had to tell him somethin' cause that bike looked awesome.
AKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:41 AM   #55
homi
Banned

Bike(s):
2006 Ducati
SOLD 2006 YZF600

User is banned

Old 11-11-2008, 02:35 AM   #56
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR

Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
This place is full of lowballers like no other. The 2008 R6 in yellow like that is $9799.99 before TTL. Now one thing I have noticed is that most Yamaha dealers around here get close to MSRP for the bikes they sell so in all actuality $6300 for this is an excellent deal.

btw average NADA value is $8503 with a low value of $6520, so your getting a steal for $6300.
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 10-6:30 Sat. 9-6
281 444 0545
patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.trackleather.com
636cc of fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:39 AM   #57
636cc of fury
37cc cheater no more

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR 600RR

Send a message via AIM to 636cc of fury
nvm just read the rest of the thread that sucks.
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 10-6:30 Sat. 9-6
281 444 0545
patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.trackleather.com
636cc of fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:05 AM   #58
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by homi View Post
sorry to hear that. I had a stinky fish feeling about the bike because of the price. But the pictures looked good. Went and saw a GSXR 600 like that today. Pictures looked amazing but the bike was jacked. I missed out on a 06 R6 that was just pure butter in person and cheap as Fizz but i was a day late with the money and it sold.

I would have let him keep the $50. I mean he did drive over even as bad as the bike was. What if you had to drive all the way? That would suck worse. Plus its less headache. Technically he can keep the full $150 if he wants to he was being nice. Really the only recourse you would have had was to beat his but jail sucks. I seriously doubt paypal will give you your money back. They will require all sorts of proof from you that the product was bad etc but sine you drove there and it was no product I dont think they will refund your money.
...and dvlracer wouldn't of had to drive all the way out there if the seller had represented the bike honestly. You'd give some one $50 just for wasting your time?
miraculous dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:31 AM   #59
homi
Banned

Bike(s):
2006 Ducati
SOLD 2006 YZF600

User is banned

Old 11-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #60
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Paypal issued me a refund this morning