MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #41
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post
Amen, now lets fcking ride!
too late I already broke the seal on the San Leon made rum and had me a shot, and I sure as ain't gettin my on a bike when I riding rum LOL

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just asked my girlfriend the big question! Grinchy Off Topic 6 12-15-2009 06:46 PM
question for someone who has worked for a service dept of a big 4 brand burnboy General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 11-21-2009 12:54 PM
Tires this past weekend- big props to Big John at SCRC! tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 1 05-14-2009 12:09 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2008, 01:02 AM   #42
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
when you go to the dealer don't you low ball them? Its all about a good deal. And a good deal is a state of mind, so your good deal may not be their good deal. But good luck on the sale!
thats different tho. the dealer will jack up the price about five grand OVER what the bike is worth. what you think is a good deal from a dealer, youre still getting raped.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:38 AM   #43
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

I take back my previous statement, I wouldn't offer you anything for your bike. You do realize that deleting the email would have taken about half a second right? Why get your panties in a wad over something so small? Delete it, move on. Saying your feelings are hurt because someone offered you an amount lower than your asking price when you posted "don't lowball me" is hilarious IMO. As someone else previously stated, you should look into doing a consignment deal.
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:41 AM   #44
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:42 AM   #45
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

wow that was rude.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:44 AM   #46
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 11-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #47
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

I'll give ya 5g's right now. 50 - 100 dolla billz.

Oh , did I just low ball you?

I dont know what a low ball is. People start high cuz they know peeps start low. Then they meet near the middle typically.

How many times does someoen say "NOT A PENNY LESS." Then you show em $500 less, and they take it.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #48
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Dude if you don't want any offers, put up the price and say "Firm, no lower offers considered." That way people will usually not try to negotiate. Why get worked up over an offer? At least you know someone is interested and all that is required on your part is a simple yes or no. I don't understand someone getting all upset over something so menial.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:23 AM   #49
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

when buying a bike i always try to give a lowball just to see where it goes. I bought my wifes bike that way. I put an offer in thay I thought was about $500 too low, and he took it.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #50
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
Dude if you don't want any offers, put up the price and say "Firm, no lower offers considered." That way people will usually not try to negotiate. Why get worked up over an offer? At least you know someone is interested and all that is required on your part is a simple yes or no. I don't understand someone getting all upset over something so menial.
Oh okay I see so you're saying if I say "Don't low ball me" in different words then people will understand that better and not do it? Yeah I think not, it's pretty clear already to average human being. I think you're more upset than I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboy326 View Post
when buying a bike i always try to give a lowball just to see where it goes. I bought my wifes we , and he took it.
If they were only 500 low I wouldn't consider it low balling.
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #51
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

I'm not upset at all. I just think your being a little silly about the whole thing. If anything I'm amused at human nature.

Maybe next time you should define "lowball" so that people will know where you draw the line so that you don't get your feelings hurt again.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #52
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:
I'm not upset at all. I just think your being a little silly about the whole thing. If anything I'm amused at human nature.

Maybe next time you should define "lowball" so that people will know where you draw the line so that you don't get your feelings hurt again.

That was the whole point of this thread man! I told what happened and then I asked the question, would you consider this low balling.

Some people seemed to catch on to this concept really quick and others just seem to keep dragging out into all kinds of other . Like it depends on what the price of eggs or in China on February 15th. I just asked very simple question, I didn't say I was upset or anything, you guys added all the other stuff.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #53
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

I'll jump in with my 0.02.

Is it a lowbal offer? Yes.

Unreasonable? No.

IF KBB trade is $5100, then it's not an offensive offer IMO, it's a starting point of negotiating.

I constantly look for good deals on bikes, play with the bike, then sell it. In general, I have been fortunate to not take a big loss on anything yet. I even make money sometimes. Of course, I exclude tax, license, and general maintenance in my P&L. I currenlty have six bikes and more than likely will be selling one soon because I am ready to try a new one I haven't had yet.

IMO opinion, there is no offer anyone can make to me on a bike that will twist me off. If it's too low, I just say, "Call me back when you can do better." If they don't, no worries.

To give an example, I bought a NEW DRZ250 out the door a while back for around $2450. Heck of a deal as it was a left over unit. I don't remember what retail was on those, but it was MUCH higher. I told the dealer, that I was willing to pay current NADA trade for that year model bike in excellent condition, which was now 2 year models old. He made all the arguments that it was still a new bike, my point was that it wouldn't be the minute I had it out the door. I walked, he called me back and I left happy, and he got rid of a bike that had been on his floor plan too long. Everyone was happy.

If you are emotionally attached to the bike (or anything)you are selling to the point a low offer frustrates you, my opinion is that you lose the negotiating advantage. If you truly don't need to sell it, set your price, relax, and wait. SOMEONE will come along that HAS to have it, and you will get your price. It just may take a little longer.

I looked at the ad and that is a stunning bike. Somebody will pay near your price I imagine, it just may not be today. Or it could be.

Good luck with the sale.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #54
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
I didn't say I was upset or anything, you guys added all the other stuff.
Yes you did in the 2 statements below.

Quote:
There is something to loose when you people off. In this case if he happens to come up with more money and emails me again I won't be reading his email.
Quote:
Low balling me when I've said not to is not humorous and it's not respectful of my wishes.
As I said before, you didn't define "low balling". What you did is ask us to define it for you, to justify your anger. And again, I'll say "What's the big deal?" Accept the offer or don't accept it. It's not like he was calling you names or hitting on your wife.

I'm done now and I'll be sure to never respond to one of your for sale adds with anything less than the stated price so that I don't offend you.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #55
Spectre5922
Grumpy old fart

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'92 GSXR 750

Quote:
Not a problem. And for the record I am a new car dealer not used cars,
Mudbug's too pretty to be a used car dealer!
Old 11-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #56
Spectre5922
Grumpy old fart

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'92 GSXR 750

BTW.......... Don't let a low offer bother you. When I sell items, I ask people not to lowball, but I ALWAYS end up getting offers for 50% of asking price. All I do is say "I'm sorry, but I have $X into it, and I'm afraid I can't go anywhere NEAR that low". They understand usually, and either counter-offer something better, or go away.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #57
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Yes you did in the 2 statements below.

This didn't say I was off it says "you will people off". I have people off before doing this. That's why I'm attuned to it now. One guy came back to me four times with the same price after I told him no. Not to mention my ad says "don't low ball me".

As I said before, you didn't define "low balling". What you did is ask us to define it for you, to justify your anger. And again, I'll say "What's the big deal?" Accept the offer or don't accept it. It's not like he was calling you names or hitting on your wife.

I didn't ask anyone to define it. I clearly stated the price I asked, the price they offered and if you considered that a low ball price. Many people got that easily and a few of you didn't. If on a forum like this one I have to start defining the word "low balling" then I will also have to start defining every other word.

I'm done now and I'll be sure to never respond to one of your for sale adds with anything less than the stated price so that I don't offend you.

You seem to catch on really slow. I have said several times I entertained other offers that were close to my asking price, just not the nearly $2000 under some goofball offered me four times.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #58
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 11-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #59
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
I'll jump in with my 0.02.

Is it a lowbal offer? Yes.

Unreasonable? No.

IF KBB trade is $5100, then it's not an offensive offer IMO, it's a starting point of negotiating.

I constantly look for good deals on bikes, play with the bike, then sell it. In general, I have been fortunate to not take a big loss on anything yet. I even make money sometimes. Of course, I exclude tax, license, and general maintenance in my P&L. I currenlty have six bikes and more than likely will be selling one soon because I am ready to try a new one I haven't had yet.

IMO opinion, there is no offer anyone can make to me on a bike that will twist me off. If it's too low, I just say, "Call me back when you can do better." If they don't, no worries.

To give an example, I bought a NEW DRZ250 out the door a while back for around $2450. Heck of a deal as it was a left over unit. I don't remember what retail was on those, but it was MUCH higher. I told the dealer, that I was willing to pay current NADA trade for that year model bike in excellent condition, which was now 2 year models old. He made all the arguments that it was still a new bike, my point was that it wouldn't be the minute I had it out the door. I walked, he called me back and I left happy, and he got rid of a bike that had been on his floor plan too long. Everyone was happy.

If you are emotionally attached to the bike (or anything)you are selling to the point a low offer frustrates you, my opinion is that you lose the negotiating advantage. If you truly don't need to sell it, set your price, relax, and wait. SOMEONE will come along that HAS to have it, and you will get your price. It just may take a little longer.

I looked at the ad and that is a stunning bike. Somebody will pay near your price I imagine, it just may not be today. Or it could be.

Good luck with the sale.
Now Tojo you are actually thinking here! The only difference here is I asked not to low ball. $5100 may be a starting point to negotiate for someone who hasn't stated this, but when you offer $2000 under the asking price of a $7000 vehicle you have just low balled the offer. I simply asked people not to do it.

I think I will get very near the asking price also even if I have to wait until next spring. I really don't care. I'm going to ride it a little in the mean time. I'd just rather not handle 1000 goofball emails in the mean time if it's not unnecessary, and it's not if people would just wise up.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #60
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned