MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #21
tinwhereseleven

Feedback Rating: (0)

you should watch the skies too i remember the last time I came back to htown saw a load of police helo's in the air watching people
tinwhereseleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Watch for these Chuckster Off Topic 12 10-31-2013 10:24 AM
You better watch out!!! mjrauma General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 01-31-2013 02:15 PM
Got a new watch.... dbuck Off Topic 22 03-10-2010 09:01 AM
Watch this! GABRIEL Off Topic 11 07-18-2007 08:53 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #22
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
werd...that show kicks .

andrew thanks for all the clarifications. i know it isn't the officers that create the policies and most officers don't like having to write tickets all day. You guys are in the game just like us, I am just helping out my team.
Out of curiosity, and because you brought it up, what "team" is that?
Old 11-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #23
Bean
you like apples?

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K3 GSXR 600

saw the same thing yesterday on 288...all the way from Freeport until I hit 610
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #24
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #25
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Out of curiosity, and because you brought it up, what "team" is that?
By that I meant the generally good hard working citizens that are getting reamed with silly tickets for minor traffic violations on their way home from work.

The job is the job. LEO's issue tickets cause it's their job, I understand. My job is to watch out for those tickets and avoid them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mudbug View Post
the speeders. what a bad bad guy this Pyrofallout kid is!
I'll be over in just a minute to kick you in the nuts
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #26
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
By that I meant the generally good hard working citizens that are getting reamed with silly tickets for minor traffic violations on their way home from work.
Call me crazy, but isn't it just a lot easier to just not break the laws?

Just askin'.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #27
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:

Just askin'.
So I am guessing you never make any mistakes not matter how small when driving, you always travel under or exactly at the speed limit (speedo calibrated)? Do you make sure you have at least the required distance between you and the next vehicle? signal the distance required by law ahead of any turn merge or exit?
Old 11-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #28
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
So I am guessing you never make any mistakes not matter how small when driving, you always travel under or exactly at the speed limit (speedo calibrated)? Do you make sure you have at least the required distance between you and the next vehicle? signal the distance required by law ahead of any turn merge or exit?
I never said that did I?

Guess what happens when you make a mistake and get caught- you guessed it, still guilty

I know ever since I made a conscious decision years ago to quit acting like a fool on the streets, the occurrences of PD encounters dropped exponentially. Wonder of wonders.

People who get pulled over regularly enough to whine about it can usually find the cause in the mirror.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #29
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
I never said that did I?

Guess what happens when you make a mistake and get caught- you guessed it, still guilty

I know ever since I made a conscious decision years ago to quit acting like a fool on the streets, the occurrences of PD encounters dropped exponentially. Wonder of wonders.

People who get pulled over regularly enough to whine about it can usually find the cause in the mirror.
Maybe you should try reading the thread over again. No one said anything about getting pulled over regularly. We are talking about people simply driving home from work in traffic getting reemed with tickets for minor mistakes. Majority of cops I know wouldn't give tickets on something so silly.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:09 PM   #30
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:

Just askin'.
Well let's see! I drive about 24000 miles per year. If I were to drive an average of 45/hr (which is probably the speed of the average Houston driver), it would take me about 533 hours to drive it. If I increase that average speed by 20 miles per hour to 65/hr I make it in 369 hours. So I save 164 hours not being on these miserable Houston highways but instead at home or at work being productive. Now multiply that times the 20 years I've been driving them. 3280 hours not on the freaking freeway. That's 136 days of my life not on the freeway, 410 nights in bed with my wife. In 20 years I've had probably 10 tickets, 3 stupid accidents that weren't my fault and had nothing to do with speeding.

The answer is no, it's not easier to not break the law!

The traffic could be highly improved and made more safe in Houston if a large advertising campaign were made on TV, Radio, newspaper stating that if you drive in the left lane of any major highway and are not passing the traffic to your right you will be pulled over and cited for obstructing traffic. All other traffic should stay in the right 2,3 or 4 lanes and allow people who know how to drive and pay attention to what they are doing go by in the left lane. If this were implemented and enforced to the degree that everyone was afraid to get in the left lane unless passing Houston traffic would improve immediately and accidents would decrees.
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #31
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

momma always said antennas are teh devil

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:41 PM   #32
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Maybe you should try reading the thread over again. No one said anything about getting pulled over regularly. We are talking about people simply driving home from work in traffic getting reemed with tickets for minor mistakes. Majority of cops I know wouldn't give tickets on something so silly.
No Sir, perhaps you are the one in need of a re-read. I simply asked if it were easier to obey the law other than what you provide; to create a "job" of avoiding the police You're also ASSuming that I am talking about you, maybe a guilty conscience? All I said was that the people who typically and whine are the ones who should look in the mirror for the cause. If that applies to you; so be it. If not, then you shouldn't have to worry about it then, should you?
A mistake is a mistake, doesn't mean that it was a malicious mistake, you have to pay the piper just the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post

The answer is no, it's not easier to not break the law!
Agreed, I guess it should be quantified- easier to not break the law so you don't have to deal with getting a ticket or going to court, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCajun View Post
The traffic could be highly improved and made more safe in Houston if a large advertising campaign were made on TV, Radio, newspaper stating that if you drive in the left lane of any major highway and are not passing the traffic to your right you will be pulled over and cited for obstructing traffic. All other traffic should stay in the right 2,3 or 4 lanes and allow people who know how to drive and pay attention to what they are doing go by in the left lane. If this were implemented and enforced to the degree that everyone was afraid to get in the left lane unless passing Houston traffic would improve immediately and accidents would decrees.
Preaching to the choir on this one! Over my past 20+ years of driving on the roads, I can recollect when the signs for the "left lane for passing only" was actually enforced (to some degree in some areas). I also remember a mandate by the Mayor (?) that said 18 wheelers were not allowed in the left lanes in Houston...

C'est la vis.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #33
The Black Sheepdog
Derp

Bike(s):
09 600RA
06 F4i
fiddy

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to The Black Sheepdog
If you see a van parked across the street with a huge satellite dish on top and its pointed at your house, they *might* be listening to you.