MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
boss-hog

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Yamaha Yzf600R

Blew a tire

I was riding up to Cycle Gear off 45S and about 2 exits from where i was gonna get off my back tire starts to feel loose and alil funny so I decide to get off the freeway and stop at the stoplight and guess what instead of standing on my toes i am standing flat footed thank goodness I made it over to the store and instead of getting some new riding pants I get a new back tire...the part that really sucks is they are allowed to put the tire on the bike but they are not able to take the old tire off so i also get to buy a patch kit...wrap the old tire around my waist and off i go to a bike shop to get the tire put on...I do have to say the guys at 2 WHEEL TOYS off college are top notch got the tire replaced real quick good service and a pretty good shop inside for clothes and stuff like that I will defiently be going back to get a carb tune up...real stand up guys over there
boss-hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
blew the motor @ msrh bburns4667 Super Motards 17 01-06-2013 10:24 PM
so i blew a fork seal..... R6Chris General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 03-18-2011 06:29 PM
dang, it blew up!! 1sickGixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 10-30-2009 09:03 AM
SO I BLEW UP MY R1 LAST NIGHT DrunkMagnet Off Topic 56 02-28-2007 07:56 PM
Blew my motor last night, what to do?? zero_cool How To's and Q & A's 32 11-12-2006 03:43 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2008, 11:13 AM   #2
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

Had something like that happened to me... Glad your made to the shops safe
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I noticed that 2 wheel toys the other day and hadn't seen much fanfare about it. I also noticed that there is a Mancuso's going up off of 45 as well north of Edgebrook on the southbound side. The SE which was once deprived of shops is exploding.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:08 PM   #4
zeroshifta

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha R1
2002 Gsxr 1000

Member Garage

glad to hear you faired better than i did. i lowsided turning into a drive waylast night. bruised and banged up but other wise ok. i need a new shifter lever now tho :(
zeroshifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

who did the work? rudy and chris are pretty good guys
Old 11-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #6
boss-hog

Bike(s):
Yamaha Yzf600R

It was a white guy I believe his name was Chris changed the tire pretty quickly much faster than I could have for sure. Rudy was there and said he would hook me up when I decide to get my carbs cleaned out. Bad gas is clogging up one of the carbs and Rudy said its running on 3 cyclinders right now.
boss-hog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement